Find good work in USA?

officialsbaseball

the last original Cowboy to retire.

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:30 am

Frank Clarke Craig Robertson Jersey , an original member of the Cowboys in 1960, died Thursday morning, according to the team’s former player personnel director LaAdrian Waddle Jersey , Gil Brandt. Clarke was 84.

Clarke’s last game was the Ice Bowl in 1967, making him the last original Cowboy to retire.

The Browns made Clarke a fifth-round pick in 1956, and he played three seasons in Cleveland before the Cowboys selected him in the expansion draft.

In his 11-year career Daniel Sorensen Jersey , Clarke made 291 catches for 5,426 yards and 50 touchdowns.

He held the Cowboys’ team record for most touchdowns in a season with 14 in 1962 before Terrell Owens broke it in 2007.

Clarke was the first black football player at the University of Colorado, and the first black star on the Cowboys. He also became the first black analyst at CBS.

He is survived by two sons and a daughter.

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Marquez White has been indicted on one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in what he described as a road-rage incident in suburban Dallas.

The 23-year-old White said in a statement to his hometown newspaper Gareon Conley Jersey , the Dothan Eagle in Alabama, that a motorist became angry with White as he drove home in October. White says he pulled a handgun when the motorist appeared to be reaching for his own. He says the other driver followed him home and yelled racial slurs at him.

White, who is black Brandon Coleman Jersey , was indicted by a Collin County grand jury in early June and arrested June 15. He later posted bond and was released.

White played at Florida State before being drafted by the Cowboys. He spent his rookie season on the practice squad.

Adidas Carey Price Jersey
officialsbaseball

two seasons in New York.

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 am

In the midst of a difficult season Tony Gonzalez Jersey , the Kansas City Royals got a needed spark Friday night from one of their newest additions.

Rookie Rosell Herrera kept the game scoreless with a home-run robbery in the eighth inning and hit an RBI triple in the ninth, and struggling Kansas City beat the Houston Astros 1-0.

Herrera helped the Royals end a nine-game skid by bringing back Alex Bregman’s would-be homer. The right fielder reached over the short outfield wall to snag the first out in the eighth.

”He’s athletic, he’s fast,” manager Ned Yost said. ”He seems to swing the bat OK from both sides. It’s only been a week. There’s a lot to like looking at him on a short look.”

Adalberto Mondesi singled off Ken Giles (0-2) to start the ninth, stole second and took third on a flyout by Whit Merrifield. Herrera then sent a ball to center field to score Mondesi.

Herrera also had a double and is batting .278 in five games since being cut by Cincinnati and acquired by the Royals.

”That was very fun, not only for me but for my teammates because we played really good defense today … and that’s why we made the right play at the right time and won the game,” Herrera said.

Danny Duffy pitched six innings of two-hit ball for the Royals, and the bullpen didn’t allow another knock. Justin Grimm (1-2) pitched a scoreless eighth and Tim Hill threw a perfect ninth for his first save.

When asked about his work Friday night, Duffy briefly discussed his outing before raving about Herrera.

”Rosie he’s a stud, man,” he said. ”I’m a big fan of that kid. If he keeps playing as hard as he does, he’s always going to have a spot in the big leagues. We love that here. I’m really happy for him. He had a fantastic game.”

Houston was shut out for the first time since May 11. They still had several opportunities to score because of seven walks but went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position.

”It’s unusual because we’ve been pretty good swinging the bat lately,” manager A.J. Hinch said. ”It seemed like every opportunity ended in a double play tonight.”

Houston starter Dallas Keuchel pitched six strong innings. He allowed six hits and struck out six Hayes Pullard Jersey , while Duffy fanned seven after being tagged for seven runs in six innings of a loss to the Astros on Saturday.

The Royals had just wrapped an 0-8 homestand and had lost 15 of 16.

Kevin McCarthy took over for Duffy in the seventh and issued consecutive walks to Evan Gattis and Marwin Gonzalez. Pinch-hitter Tony Kemp then grounded into a force out that left Gattis out at third. But the Astros loaded the bases when pinch-hitter Tyler White reached on a fielder’s choice.

Houston came away empty-handed when George Springer grounded into a double play.

Salvador Perez doubled with one out in the eighth and Houston intentionally walked Alex Gordon before Alcides Escobar drew a walk to load the bases. The game remained scoreless when Hector Rondon struck out Paulo Orlando to end the inning.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Astros: Hinch said RHP Joe Smith (right elbow inflammation) is improving but still has several steps to go through before he’s ready to come off the disabled list.

STREAK ENDS

Escobar started in center field, snapping a streak of 407 straight starts at shortstop dating to Sept. 26, 2015. That streak was the longest in Royals history and the longest active streak in the majors. It’s the first time he’s played a position other than shortstop since he joined the Royals in 2011 and the sixth time in his career he’s played in the outfield, after appearing in five games there for the Brewers in 2010.

The Royals started Mondesi at shortstop instead. They have said Escobar will also see time at second and third base this season.

”I just think that the time was right,” Yost said. ”He knows that his next career move is probably going to be a utility-type player … and he’s anxious to start showing people that he can handle it.”

Escobar, who entered the game 2 for 28, had two hits including a double.

”I thought (Escobar) looked good in center. He hits good as a center fielder,” Yost said with a laugh.

UP NEXT

Houston’s Lance McCullers Jr. (8-3, 3.77 ERA) looks for his third straight win when as he opposes Ian Kennedy (1-7, 5.31) Saturday night. Kennedy hasn’t won in 13 starts, going 0-7 with a 6.12 ERA since his only win of the season on April 7.

Former Baltimore Orioles manager Earl Weaver said the key to winning is ”pitching, fundamentals and three-run homers.”

Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona can go one better: grand slams.

Yan Gomes hit a grand slam in the sixth inning and the Indians rallied to beat the Kansas City Royals 6-4 on Tuesday night.

The Indians lead the American League with eight grand slams and it was their second in two nights. Francisco Lindor hit one Monday.

”I’m glad,” Francona said. ”I hope we have a ton more opportunities. I’m really happy about that. That’s really good for us.”

Edwin Encarnacion led off the sixth with a walk and Brandon Guyer was hit by Danny Duffy’s pitch. Yonder Alonso’s infield single loaded the bases before Gomes drove Duffy’s 1-0 changeup into the left-field bullpen.

”I hope it’s not contagious Andy Levitre Jersey , because that means people are going up there looking to hit a grand slam,” Gomes said. ”You really just want to get up there and try to keep the line moving. I hope if we get more bases-loaded (situations), we’re just able to drive more guys in, whether that’s a sac fly or a base hit or a grand slam.”

Gomes is 10 for 26 (.385) with three home runs and eight RBIs off Duffy.

Shane Bieber (4-0) allowed all the Kansas City runs in the first two innings, and remains undefeated in his first five big league starts.

”Things got a little ugly,” Bieber said. ”They could have gotten a lot worse. I was trying to go out there and compete and move on to the next pitch.”

Chad Allen got the final four outs for his 17th save in 18 chances and his fifth of more than one inning. He stranded two runners in the ninth after a single and a walk.

Duffy (4-8) yielded six runs on eight hits, two walks and a hit batter. He is 0-3 against the Indians this season and has lost eight in a row against them dating to May 6, 2015.

”It was belt high and right out over the plate for him to tattoo and that’s what he did,” Duffy said of the grand slam. ”I hate that old song and dance these things happen, bull, but these things do happen. And it’s happened to us a lot lately. It’s really frustrating. I gave up six runs today, which means I didn’t pitch very well.”

It took Duffy 25 pitches to record an out with Lindor, Michael Brantley and Jose Ramirez opening the game with singles. Ramirez’s single deflected off Duffy’s glove to score Lindor. Alfonso’s fly to center scored Brantley with the second run.

”The first inning was a grind for Danny Tramon Williams Jersey , 36 pitches, but he really did a pretty good job of limiting the damage there with only two runs and kind of got on a roll,” Royals manager Ned Yost said.

Lucas Duda homered with Rosell Herrera, who had three hits, on board to tie it in the bottom of the first.

The Royals forged ahead 4-2 in the second. Whit Merrifield singled home Adalberto Mondesi and scored on Herrera’s two-out double.

The Royals lost for the 24th time in 29 games. They did manage 12 hits, ending a club record of 24 straight games without getting double-figure hits.

ROSTER MOVES

Indians: Recalled OF Greg Allen from Triple-A Columbus, where he was hitting .487 in a nine-game hitting streak at the time of the promotion. He hit .204 in 34 games earlier this season with Cleveland. ”It definitely helps to have gone through it before,” Allen said. ”That just comes with experience.”

DRAFT SIGNINGS

Indians: They signed their first two draft picks, Canadian high school C Noah Naylor and Cumming, Georgia high school RHP Ethan Hankins. Naylor, the 29th overall pick, signed for $2,578 Blidi Wreh-Wilson Jersey ,138, while Hankins, the 35th overall pick, signed for $2,246,022.

Royals: RHP Brady Singer, the 18th overall pick, signed for $4.25 million. He was the college player of the year, going 12-3 with a 2.55 ERA as a Florida junior.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: OF Lonnie Chisenhall (strained left calf) was placed on the disabled list. This is the second straight year he has been set back by calf injuries. He missed 50 games earlier this season with a left calf injury. He was out most of the second half of last year with a right calf injury.

Guyer left in the ninth after fouling a pitch off his left knee. Francona said the X-rays were negative.

Royals: RHP Ian Kennedy (strained left oblique) was placed on the disabled list retroactive to June 30th. . 3B Mike Moustakas (lower back spasms) was a late scratch. Yost said his back tightened up after he lifted one of his children.

UP NEXT

Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer is 0-1 with a 3.55 ERA in two starts this season against the Royals.

Womens Oren Burks Jersey
officialsbaseball

Andre Tippett Jersey

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 am

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife Duke Dawson Jersey , the singer Ciara, have joined the effort to bring Major League Baseball to Portland.

The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that Portland Diamond Project, the company leading the push, announced Friday that the husband-and-wife celebrities have each invested individually as ”owner/investors” in the project.

The Diamond Project’s leadership has stressed that its effort will take time Logan Paulsen Jersey , estimating an opening day in Portland would come in 2022 at the earliest.

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has called Portland a candidate to acquire a franchise whether by expansion, which hasn’t happened in 20 years, or relocation.

Though Wilson is an NFL quarterback, he has a connection to baseball. He played in the minor leagues while in college and practiced with the Texas Rangers during spring training in March.

The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms on deals with quarterback Blaine Gabbert and offensive lineman Xavier Su’a-Filo.

Both deals were announced Tuesday.

The 28-year-old Gabbert is expected to replace Matt Cassel as Marcus Mariota’s backup. The Titans announced March 9 they intend to release Cassel .

Gabbert Blidi Wreh-Wilson Jersey , the No. 10 overall pick in the 2011 draft, started 27 games with the Jacksonville Jaguars from 2011-13. He played the next three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, making eight starts in 2015 and five in 2016.

Gabbert spent 2017 with the Arizona Cardinals and started five games, including a 12-7 victory over the Titans . He went 95 of 171 for 1 Rick Leonard Jersey ,086 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.

He has completed 55.9 percent of his passes for 1,397 yards with 44 touchdowns and 43 interceptions during his career.

Su’a-Filo, an offensive guard, started 41 games for the Houston Texans over the last four seasons. The former second-round draft pick made 16 starts last season and 15 in 2016.

The Titans’ addition of Su’a-Filo continues their efforts to boost their offensive line.

The Titans announced Thursday they had agreed to terms offensive lineman Kevin Pamphile Andre Tippett Jersey , who had started 33 games over the last four years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Titans also agreed this month on a new deal to keep right guard Josh Kline .

Kansas City Chiefs Customized Jerseys
officialsbaseball

Adidas Tyler Seguin Jersey

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 am

– Anthony Davis stole the show and the New Orleans Pelicans stole home-court advantage from the Portland Trail Blazers.

Davis had 35 points Tyreek Hill Jersey , 14 rebounds and four blocks, Jrue Holiday and Rajon Rondo won the backcourt battle, and the Pelicans held on for a 97-95 victory on Saturday night in Game 1 of their Western Conference first-round series.

Holiday added 21 points, outplaying both Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, and had a big blocked shot in the closing seconds as New Orleans escaped after Portland erased almost all of a 19-point deficit.

”It’s the playoffs,” Holiday said of his final block. ”A lot of excitement and a lot of energy especially in the building. Obviously, that was a really big stop and at that moment it felt good to get a stop. It felt good to know that all the hard work we put in this game, we got the win, so we did a really good job at that.”

Rondo finished with 17 assists, eight rebounds and six points.

Portland made a charge that cut it to 93-92 on McCollum’s 3-pointer just inside a minute left. Lillard missed in the lane with 15 seconds remaining with the Blazers still down one Dion Dawkins Jersey , and after Davis made two free throws, Holiday blocked Pat Connaughton’s layup with 6.3 seconds to go.

Blazers coach Terry Stotts and several players said that the play was designed for a 3-pointer, but the Pelicans successfully took those options away.

Perhaps that had something to do with Rondo knowing everything the Blazers were ready to throw at them and relaying that knowledge to his teammates.

”He’s in a different mindset,” Davis said. ”He was up all night watching film. When they were calling plays out there he was telling us what it was in our version before they had a chance to run it. He’s definitely locked in. The way he played tonight with 17 assists, he’s just in a different mode for the playoffs.”

Lillard finished with 18 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, while McCollum had 19 points.

The sixth-seeded Pelicans were the only road team to win on the opening day of the NBA playoffs. Nikola Mirotic had 16 points, 11 rebounds and also blocked four shots to help Davis earn the first victory of his playoff career.

It looked like it would come easily, as the Pelicans extended a nine-point halftime lead to 69-50 on Holiday’s dunk with 4:25 left in the third quarter. It still seemed safe when Davis threw down a thunderous alley-oop slam from Rondo with 6:09 to play, letting out a scream as Portland took an 86-72 lead.

Portland’s rally came up short Jaron Brown Jersey , but the Blazers vow to do better in Game 2 with regards to going after Davis.

”Getting to the basket, he’s around,” McCollum said. ”You know, he blocked my shot in the first quarter, maybe made some contact. But he’s always there, he’s always around roaming. But there’s no excuses. We got to play better.”

Portland’s two stars finished with just three combined free-throw attempts. McCollum says it’s on them to force the issue.

”Maybe we need to be more aggressive getting downhill,” McCollum said. ”You’ve got to figure out how the referees are reffing the game and go from there.”

TIP-INS

Pelicans: New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry is a believer in ”Playoff Rondo,” the idea of Rondo elevating his game in the postseason. ”I think there is a sense of confidence that he has, especially this time of the year,” Gentry said. ”He’s a really bright player. One of the smartest guys I’ve ever been around. I’ve obviously had the opportunity to coach Steph (Curry) Donald Penn Jersey , Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Grant Hill. When you start talking about the extremely smart players, he’s one of those guys. I also think he has a way of giving confidence to the other guys. He makes them believe in themselves.”

Gentry says he relishes having someone who can lead the team in the way Rondo can. ”I know it’s like an old clich锟? but it really is like having an extra assistant coach.”

Trail Blazers: Among the challenges for the Blazers in this first-round series, none ranks higher than defending Davis. Terry Stotts said that he would begin the series with Jusuf Nurkic, who did not see much time on Davis in the regular season, on the All-Star big man.

Nurkic played 24 minutes, finishing with 11 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks.

In a surprise, rookie Zach Collins played 22 minutes off the Blazers bench Alex Okafor Jersey , up from his regular- season average of 16 minutes per game.

UP NEXT

Game 2 is Tuesday night in Portland.

T.J. Ward apparently didn’t enjoy his one season in Tampa.

The safety started only five games for the Buccaneers, making 30 tackles with three pass breakups and no interceptions.

“I wasn’t allowed to be the player I wanted to be last year, and it hurt me,” Ward said told SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’ve been a top-tier safety in this league since I entered, and I’m going to continue to be until I exit. I’m ready to get back on the field and go.”

The question is: Will Ward get another chance?

He remains a free agent.

Ward, 31, did have all criminal charges against him dropped earlier this month. But the slow safety market combined with his lack of production last season — whatever the reason(s) — has not drawn him much interest.

Ward, a two-time Pro Bowler, played an important role with the Broncos when they won Super Bowl 50.

Womens Mike Hughes Jersey
officialsbaseball

the league's constitution.

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 am

A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that the New York Giants have declined to pick up the fifth-year option of offensive tackle Ereck Flowers' contract.

The Giants would have been on the hook for $12.5 million in 2019 had the Giants exercised the option on the deal Flowers signed as the ninth pick overall in the 2014 draft.

The person spoke to The AP on the condition of anonymity because the team has not announced the move.

NFL was the first to report the decision.

Flowers has been the Giants' starting left tackle for the past three seasons David Andrews Jersey , but he has been a disappointment.

General manager Dave Gettleman signed New England Patriots left tackle Nate Solder as a free agent in March. The move meant that Flowers would play right tackle this upcoming season, but he has not showed up for the team's voluntary workouts this spring.

Flowers recently hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent. Flowers' father had represented him. His future with the team remains uncertain.

In other moves, the Giants signed defensive tackle A.J. Francis and quarterback Alex Tanney. They also announced they had been awarded cornerback C.J. Goodwin off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals. Goodwin was released on Tuesday.

Goodwin has played in 28 regular-season games with one start for Atlanta and Arizona. He has 12 tackles (11 solo) and two passes defensed.

Francis has played in nine regular-season games over the past three seasons, including six for Washington last season. His most productive game was the 2017 season finale against the Giants Ryan Schraeder Jersey , when he had six tackles.

Tanney spent last season on the Tennessee Titans' injured reserve list after breaking his left foot in the preseason finale. He has played in one NFL game, the Titans final game of the 2015 season. He completed 10 of 14 passes for 99 yards and a touchdown in a loss at Indianapolis.

The NFL is exploring options to get more than $2 million in reimbursement for legal fees from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones over his threat to derail Commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension and support of running back Ezekiel Elliott's fight to avoid a six-game suspension, said a person with knowledge of the situation.

Many owners were consulted on seeking restitution, including members of the finance committee Alex Okafor Jersey , according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press Monday on condition of anonymity because the matter hasn't been addressed publicly.

Some of the finance committee members are on the compensation committee that was at the center of what became a legal back-and-forth over Goodell's deal.

The attempt at restitution is rooted in a 1997 resolution that states owners can seek repayment for legal fees if a fellow owner is responsible for getting them involved in legal action.

The Cowboys declined to comment on the owners' actions.

Jones' attempt to derail Goodell's extension, which came after Elliott was suspended over domestic violence allegations, led to a volley of threatening letters from lawyers for both sides.

After eventually relenting, Jones said after the owners meetings in December that he got what he wanted with an agreement to consider changes to the power of the commissioner's role through the league's constitution.

Jones denied that his attempt to scuttle the contract was tied to Elliott's suspension Eddie Yarbrough Jersey , but made repeated references to Goodell's power to punish players.

With Jones and Goodell in the same room for a news conference after the December meetings, the commissioner said he didn't take Jones' objections to the extension personally. Goodell also denied assuring Jones that Elliott wouldn't be suspended before announcing the punishment in August.

Jones and the Cowboys were supportive of Elliott's lawsuit, which was led by the players' union and resulted in federal court hearings in three states over a span of two months. The suit eventually failed and Elliott served the suspension.

Womens Harrison Phillips Jersey
officialsbaseball

Game 5 is at Winnipeg on Sunday

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am

Jarvis Landry is about to make a major grab.

The star wide receiver is close to finalizing a multiyear contract extension with the Cleveland Browns Brandon Fusco Jersey , who believe the three-time Pro Bowler can hasten their turnaround. The team and Landry's representatives are closing in on a deal, a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The sides remain in talks but expect to complete the contract soon, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been finalized. ESPN first reported Landry's extension.

Landry led the NFL with 112 receptions last season and his new contract is expected to make him one of the league's highest paid pass catchers.

The Browns, who are coming off a 0-16 season, acquired Landry from Miami in a trade last month. Cleveland sent a fourth-round pick in 2018 and seventh-rounder in 2019 to the Dolphins, who had signed Landry to a $16 million, one-year franchise tag to make the exchange possible.

The acquisition of Landry was one of several major offseason moves made by the Browns, who have the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks in the draft later this month and are expected to select a quarterback.

The Dolphins drafted Landry in the second round in 2014 out of LSU. He's blossomed into one of the game's top playmakers; his 400 catches are the most for any player in his first four seasons. Landry has racked up 4,038 yards and 22 touchdowns.

When Landry arrived in Cleveland, new Browns general manager John Dorsey said the 25-year-old fit all the criteria the team wanted.

"He has marvelous stats," Dorsey said. "He's a Pro Bowler. He has a presence about him and the way he plays the game. I think he will be ideal in the slot receiver position. He loves to play the football game. He is one of those guys that we consistently talk about. Are they competitive? Do they love the game of football? I think he fits that model."

The Vegas Golden Knights were a 500-to-1 long shot to win the Stanley Cup before the NHL season began in October. Their surprisingly successful inaugural season is still rolling along Jerry Rice Jersey , and they’re one win from a berth to the Stanley Cup final.

Reilly Smith scored on a breakaway late in the third period to lead Vegas to a 3-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets in Game 4 of the Western Conference final Friday night.

Vegas can clinch the conference title and advance to the Stanley Cup final when the series resumes Sunday in Winnipeg.

”The last one is always the toughest to get,” Golden Knights goalie Marc-Andre Fleury said.

William Karlsson and Tomas Nosek also scored for Vegas, and Fleury, ninth all-time in postseason wins, turned in another spectacular performance by making 36 saves to earn his 73rd career playoff victory. The 14-year veteran goalie, left exposed by the Pittsburgh Penguins for Vegas to select him in the expansion draft, continues to have a career-best postseason as he aims for a third straight Stanley Cup title.

”I think we’ve got to keep the same mindset,” said Fleury, who has a 1.72 goals against average and .945 save percentage in the playoffs. ”Just take it one game at time and not think too far ahead and be ready to play that next game, because they’re going to be coming hard.”

It’s something the Jets have already been doing, even in their three losses in the series.

Asked how his team has been able to survive Winnipeg’s tenacious attack Noah Spence Jersey , Smith replied: ”He’s sitting right next to me,” referring to Fleury at the postgame news conference.

But with the game tied at 2, it was Smith who made the big play after racing down the left side of the rink and beating Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck above his blocker to put the Golden Knights ahead with 6:58 left.

Hellebuyck made 27 saves, but lost for the third consecutive game despite telling reporters after Game 3 that he liked his game better than Fleury’s. Patrik Laine and Tyler Myers scored for Winnipeg, which is on the brink of elimination.

”I know we can win a game, we’re a good enough team,” Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice said. ”We’ve battled. We’ve gone into some pretty heavy environments and won a game that we needed to win. So it’s just one game.”

The Jets took over where they left off in the third period of Game 3 by outskating the Golden Knights in the first period of Game 4, but Karlsson’s power-play goal was the difference. Off the draw, Smith found Jonathan Marchessault, who fed Karlsson for the one-timer that gave Vegas a 1-0 lead.

In a case of deja vu from Game 3, when Vegas responded 12 seconds after giving up a 1-0 lead Malcolm Smith Jersey , Winnipeg and the Golden Knights traded goals 43 seconds apart midway through the second period.

First, it was Laine’s one-timer on the power play that even Fleury wasn’t catching up to and it tied the game at the 9:29 mark. Then, it was Hellebuyck failing to secure a shot by Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, who raced to the puck and fed Nosek, who punched in his first career playoff goal to put Vegas up 2-1.

”It’s a good way to be, when they get one, the next guy’s up and ready to go,” said Golden Knights forward James Neal, who is looking to make it to the Stanley Cup final for a second consecutive year after getting there with Nashville last season. ”It’s always hard when you get one and the other team scores right away, it kind of takes the wind right back out of you. For us being at home, it just energizes the building. As soon as it sucks the wind out Kwon Alexander Jersey , boom, huge goal, and we’re back.

”That was a great goal by Nose.”

The Jets outshot the Golden Knights 12-2 by the midway point of the third period – including Myers’ tying goal – keeping Fleury busy. But the three-time Cup champion was finished allowing anything in his net.

”We win that game nine times out of 10 – tonight was that one,” Winnipeg’s Blake Wheeler said. ”Their goalie made some extraordinary saves, he’s a good player. You’ve got to sometimes take your hat off to a good player.”

NOTES: The Golden Knights and Jets joined a record 18,697 in attendance in a moment of silence for those affected by the shootings at Santa Fe High School in Texas on Friday. … Jets forward Mark Scheifele, who registered his 10th and 11th road goals in Game 3 to set a single-year NHL postseason record, had his six-game goal streak as a visitor end.

UP NEXT

Game 5 is at Winnipeg on Sunday.

Authentic Womens Nyheim Hines Jersey
officialsbaseball

They were 5-11 this past season.

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 am

The Colts claimed receiver Zach Pascal off waivers from Tennessee. They waived receiver Kayaune Ross in a corresponding move.

Pascal spent time on the Titans鈥?active roster and practice squad as a rookie in 2017 but did not see game action. He participated in Washington’s 2017 offseason program and training camp as an undrafted free agent before being waived during final cuts on September 2.

He started 41 of 49 career games at Old Dominion Chad Henne Jersey , making a school-record 233 receptions for 3,193 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Ross signed with the Colts as an undrafted free agent on May 18. He participated in the team鈥檚 rookie minicamp on a tryout basis before being signed.

He played 18 games in two seasons at Kentucky, making 21 catches for 296 yards and one touchdown.

With many NFL teams using a running back by committee approach, the "bell cow" back who carries the ball 20 times per game has become a hot commodity in fantasy football.

According to consensus draft rankings in point-per-reception (PPR) scoring formats, 10 of the first 15 players taken in typical drafts are running backs. If you want to field a competitive lineup this season, focus on RBs early.

Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott and David Johnson are usually the first running backs selected in typical drafts.

Gurley flourished in Rams coach Sean McVay's revamped offense last season, leading all RBs with 13 rushing TDs, and he posted 64 receptions. He's the major cog in a top offense.

Bell has been a top 3 fantasy RB three of the past four seasons, but he's expected to miss his second straight training camp due to a contract dispute with the Steelers. Missing camp last season may have contributed to his slow start. He'll likely have another productive season Rob Gronkowski Jersey , but buyer beware; Bell's played the most snaps of any NFL RB since the 2013 season.

Elliott led all RBs in 2017 with 98.3 rushing yards per game and will be the centerpiece of a depleted Cowboys offense. He'll also likely play a bigger role in the Cowboys pass offense this season.

Johnson missed most of the 2017 season due to a wrist injury, but he'll be the focal point of the Arizona offense. He rushed for 1,239 yards, scored 20 total TDs and registered 80 receptions in 2016. He'll run behind a fullback this season to minimize injury risk. Expect him to approach 2016 rushing and pass-catching stats.

Alvin Kamara caught 81 passes last season, but the Saints may need him to play more snaps than he's accustomed to while Mark Ingram serves a four game drug suspension. He may not match last season's combined 13 TDs, however he'll play a big part in the Saints passing game.

Saquon Barkley is expected to have a big impact in his rookie season, both in the Giants run game and in their passing offense. He was going to have a big role anyway, but Barkley's pass protection abilities will ensure he'll be on the field for the majority of the Giants' offensive snaps.

Kareem Hunt led NFL RBs with 1,327 rushing yards and added 53 receptions last season. He'll be the Chiefs' primary back in 2018 and may see a slight uptick in receiving targets with inexperienced QB Patrick Mahomes potentially using him as a safety valve in pressure situations.

Melvin Gordon's 3.8 career yards per carry (YPC) may not impress, however he had the third-most red zone carries among RBs last season and has scored 24 TDs in his last 29 games. TDs are hard to predict, but the Chargers consistently provide Gordon with a high volume of scoring opportunities. Gordon caught 58 balls out of the backfield in 2017 and his reception totals have increased in each of the past three seasons.

The Jaguars run-first offense will provide Leonard Fournette plenty of opportunities. He rushed for 1 Drew Kaser Jersey ,040 yards and scored 10 total TDs in his 2017 rookie campaign, but wore down as the season progressed. He's had a history of foot related injuries dating back to his college days, and may not have prolific ball-catching skills, but if Fournette's health holds up, he should post another 1,000-yard rushing season.

Dalvin Cook is recovering from a torn ACL, but should be ready for Week 1. Although Latavius Murray will have a role in the Vikings backfield, Cook will be their primary back. Barring setbacks, pencil him in for 1,000-plus rushing yards and about 40 catches.

Although he'll still have fantasy value in standard (non-PPR) leagues, Christian McCaffrey's 80 receptions from 2017 make him extra valuable in PPR. The Panthers have suggested he could get 25 to 30 touches per game. That sounds optimistic considering that C.J. Anderson is now in the mix JK Scott Jersey , but if he approaches that workload, McCaffrey can possibly outplay his expectations of being a top 12 fantasy RB.

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman landed in the NFL's concussion protocol twice last season. He also sprained both his MCL and PCL. When healthy he is one of the top RBs in all scoring formats.

Jerick McKinnon never had more than 159 carries in a season, but he'll be the featured back in the 49ers offense. His outstanding pass-catching abilities make him valuable in PPR leagues, however his lack of experience as a bell cow back and smallish frame makes you wonder if he can withstand the rigors of a 16 game NFL season.

Bengals RB Joe Mixon has immense talent, however inconsistency, a bad offensive line and uneven usage contributed to his underwhelming rookie season. As the Bengals' primary back, if his offensive line improves its level of play he could enjoy a breakout season.

Jordan Howard has an outstanding career 4.6 YPC, however he's had problems catching the ball. The Bears insist he'll be their featured back, however Tarik Cohen's abilities as a pass catcher could cut into Howard's snaps.

LeSean McCoy's offseason troubles and the anemic Bills offense make him risky. Jay Ajayi may break some runs this season but he's an injury risk in a crowded Eagles backfield. Avoid the Seahawks backfield until there is more clarity regarding Rashaad Penny's and Chris Carson's playing time. Sony Michel is expected to miss the rest of the preseason due to a knee injury that could also affect his availability to start the regular season.

Royce Freeman is a very talented RB who may end up being Denver's featured back. Keep an eye on De'Angelo Henderson as well. Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch is a mid-level RB2 who is being drafted as an RB3.

ROTOEXPERTS TOP 15 RBS, PPR LEAGUES

David Johnson, Arizona Cardinals

Le'Veon Bell Rasheem Green Jersey , Pittsburgh Steelers

Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams

Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints

Melvin Gordon, Los Angeles Chargers

Saquon Barkley, New York Giants

Ezekiel Elliott, Dal Adidas Shea Weber Jersey
officialsbaseball

Adidas Will Butcher Jersey

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 am

– When shortstop Xander Bogaerts is cranking out home runs Aaron Ripkowski Jersey , and crawling around to save runs, the Boston Red Sox know they are in good hands.

Bogaerts hit a tiebreaking home run in the sixth inning, and the Red Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 on Thursday night for their fourth consecutive victory.

David Price (8-4) pitched seven inning of four-hit ball to earn his sixth victory over his past seven appearances. He gave up a run and struck out seven. Craig Kimbrel pitched a scoreless ninth to lock down his 22nd save, pitching around two inning-opening walks by striking out Kyle Seager and getting Ryon Healy to ground into a double play.

It was Boston’s major-league leading 48th win of the season, and snapped Seattle’s four-game winning streak.

”That was a pretty cool game, 2-1,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said. ”That is a good team over there.”

Bogaerts certainly had a crucial impact. He homered with two outs in the sixth, hitting a 2-2 fastball from Felix Hernandez over the left-center field wall to give Boston a 2-1 lead. It was Bogaerts’ 10th home run of the season, matching his total from 2017.

It was an at-bat that certainly impressed his manager, given that Bogaerts had struck out against Hernandez in his first two at-bats.

”It seemed like he had no chance, honestly,” Cora said. ”He was swinging and missing. I think it was tough for him to see that ball when (Hernandez) was throwing the changeup.

”But he spread out and was trying to make contact. … And he gets a fastball Dave Casper Jersey , was short to it and he drilled it.”

Price was fantastic in outdueling Hernandez, who gave up both runs in seven innings, striking out six.

And after a slow first month, he has taken off. The zip has returned on his fastball, too, reaching 96 mph on Thursday.

”Velocity-wise, yeah (it was my best outing),” Price said. ”Command (wise), it was there, and then it wasn’t – and then it was there again. Whenever I really needed to make pitches tonight, I did.”

Price got a key out in the sixth inning in Seattle’s Jean Segura, the AL’s second-leading hitter at .347. The 11-pitch at-bat ended when Segura grounded a ball up the middle Dean Lowry Jersey , but right to Bogaerts, who took it from his knees and crawled over to touch second base before throwing over to complete a double play.

”They made (big plays) tonight, and we didn’t,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. ”We had to somehow come up with a big hit and we just didn’t get it.”

The Mariners tied it at 1-all in the bottom of the fifth on Guillermo Heredia’s sacrifice fly to left field. Boston grabbed a 1-0 lead on Jackie Bradley Jr.’s RBI double off Hernandez (6-6) in the second.

MARINERS PROSPECT FINISHES COMEBACK

Nearly a year ago, Seattle right-handed pitcher Rob Whalen walked away from baseball.

After a July 5 start for Triple-A Tacoma, Whalen left the team, citing issues with depression. Placed on the team’s restricted list, he didn’t return the rest of the season.

However, after rediscovering joy in life, which included his passion for baseball, Whalen nearly made the big-league ballclub out of spring training.

”I just wanted to come in and have fun, enjoy life and what I get to do for a living Jonathan Stewart Jersey ,” Whalen said.

It showed his minor-league numbers. Whalen was 7-3 with a 4.50 ERA pitching for Tacoma, and was promoted Thursday by the Mariners to pitch in long relief.

BRADLEY SHOWING SIGNS

Boston’s Jackie Bradley Jr. came into the game in an 0-for-15 slump over his last four games, and just 1 for 23 over the previous week.

Cora said no hitter in the final two games at Baltimore hit the baseball harder than Bradley. He just did not have a hit to show for it. He did drive in the game’s first run Thursday with a sharp double to right field.

”We do feel now he is in a great spot,” Cora said.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Red Sox: 2B Dustin Pedroia (left knee inflammation) is still not doing any baseball activity, although he did work out in the visiting clubhouse gym Thursday. … LHP Drew Pomeranz (left biceps tendinitis) played catch and is feeling better, Cora said. … RHP Tyler Thornburg (right shoulder) was scheduled to make a start Thursday for Triple-A Pawtucket as he makes his way back from thoracic outlet surgery.

Mariners: RHP Nick Vincent (strained right groin) continues to play catch every day, as he did before the game Thursday. It is uncertain when he will get back on the mound for a bullpen session. Servais said he is hopeful Vincent and RHP Juan Nicasio (right knee) will be able to return from the 10-day disabled list early in the team’s upcoming road trip, starting Tuesday in New York.

UP NEXT

Red Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (8-3, 3.54 ERA), the 2016 AL Cy Young Award winner, has gone six innings and given up two earned runs in each of his past three starts (two wins). This will be his 13th career start against the Mariners, and he is 3-1 with a 2.22 ERA at Safeco Field.

Mariners: LHP James Paxton (6-1 Chris Wormley Jersey , 3.02 ERA) is 5-0 with a 1.87 ERA since early May. Paxton is 2-0 with a 0.39 ERA against Boston, having given up just one earned run in 23 innings. He beat the Red Sox last July with seven scoreless innings.

The Seattle Seahawks have signed five tryout players following their rookie minicamp, highlighted by wide receiver Damore'ea Stringfellow.

Seattle announced the roster moves Monday. Stringfellow started his college career at Washington before being dismissed from the team and finishing at Mississippi. Stringfellow caught 46 passes for 716 yards and six touchdowns in his final year at Ole Miss. He was originally signed by Miami before being released and spent part of last year on the New York Jets practice squad.

Seattle also signed free safety Tevon Mutcherson, center Marcus Henry, and tackles Nick Callender and Avery Young. Mutcherson played collegiately at Central Florida with Seahawks Shaquill and Shaquem Griffin, and spent part of last season with Houston.

Seattle released wide receivers Ka'Raun White and Taj Williams, linebackers Jason Hall and Paul Dawson, and center Brad Lundblade.

Authentic Womens Jordan Whitehead Jersey
officialsbaseball

a brief 2-1 lead early in the third period.

Postby officialsbaseball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 am

Indianapolis Colts running back Robert Turbin has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancers.

The NFL announced the suspension Friday. Turbin is eligible to participate in offseason and preseason practices and games.

Turbin tweeted that a urine sample he provided to the league resulted in a positive test. Turbin said he was "truly sorry" for "a mistake that will not only have personal consequences Steve Bartkowski Jersey , but will affect the Colts organization, an organization that I am extremely appreciative to be a part of."

The 28-year-old Turbin played six games and ran for 53 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries last season before getting placed on injured reserve Oct. 20.

WINNIPEG, Manitoba — It was 8,015 days between playoff wins in Winnipeg and the city’s rabid fan base is hoping they’ll only have to wait 48 hours for the next one.

The Jets defeated the Minnesota Wild 3-2 on Wednesday night, earning their first win in franchise history and a 1-0 series lead. The two teams will be back at it on Friday night at Bell MTS Place.

The last time Winnipeg hockey fans witnessed a home victory was a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings at the old Winnipeg Arena on April 21, 1996. The Jets lost that first-round series 4-2 and then packed up for the Arizona desert, where they were reborn as the Phoenix Coyotes.

Wednesday’s tilt was a predictably physical affair Shaq Lawson Jersey , with 70 hits being thrown, nearly double the average of 39 from the teams’ regular-season games. The biggest, not surprisingly, was thrown by hulking Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, who smoked Wild forward Joel Eriksson-Ek with a shoulder-on-shoulder hit in the first period, sending more than 15,300 white-clad fans into a frenzy.

Some of them also wore white face paint while others were decked out with white hair extensions or wigs Albert Wilson Jersey , but whatever their accessories, they successfully re-enacted the “White Out,” which first gained popularity back in the mid-1980s with the original franchise.

Jets captain Blake Wheeler said in a press scrum after practice on Thursday that it wasn’t surprising that bad blood would be spilled so early in the series. Wheeler, of course, fought his own teammate, defenseman Ben Chiarot, at practice a few weeks ago.

“That’s kind of the way it looks in the playoffs. The first period’s a bit helter-skelter and guys are laying the wood a little bit. The second period was more physical. Buff had a huge hit. They had some guys make some big hits. That’s the way it’s going to be Eric Rowe Jersey ,” Wheeler said.

The recipient of several of those hits, Winnipeg forward Mathieu Perreault left the game in the second period and will be a game-time decision Friday for coach Paul Maurice.

Wild coach Bruce Boudreau, who guided the Anaheim Ducks to a four-game sweep of the Jets in 2015, said with Devan Dubnyk withstanding a barrage of rubber in net, they had a chance to win when they took a brief 2-1 lead early in the third period.

“You can’t give 29 (Patrik Laine) a chance right down the slot to score on a turnover. You’re looking for disaster there,” Boudreau told a media scrum. “He deked our player, we didn’t hold the middle and he got to come right down Main Street. And when he does that Ereck Flowers Jersey , he’s shooting the puck. When he shoots the puck, every chance, it’s got a chance to go in.”

If Perreault is unable to answer the bell, it’s expected rookie Jack Roslovic will step into the lineup.

Winnipeg will also be without defensemen Toby Enstrom, Dmitry Kulikov and center Matt Hendricks.

The biggest name in the Wild’s sick bay is workhorse defenseman Ryan Suter, who is out indefinitely with a broken fibula.

Womens Terrell Edmunds Jersey
officialsbaseball

Triple-A Columbus.

Postby officialsbaseball » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 am

CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Indians‘ injury-riddled pitching staff will go into the second game of their three-game series against the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday missing another arm.

Reliever Evan Marshall was removed from Monday’s game in the eighth inning with right elbow soreness.

“The way he termed it Jerry Rice Jersey , he flicked the nerve in his elbow. Those were his words. We’ll know a lot more (Tuesday),” Indians manager Terry Francona said.

It’s possible Marshall may have to be placed on the disabled list on Tuesday, which means the Indians would have to recall another reliever from Triple-A Columbus.

On Sunday, the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the 10-day disabled list with a right elbow contusion. The Indians on Monday also signed left-handed reliever Marc Rzepczynski to a minor league contract, with an eye toward eventually adding him to their banged-up bullpen.

With a 6-2 win Monday in the first game of the series, Cleveland is 6-2 this year against the White Sox, who go into Tuesday’s game with a five-game losing streak. The White Sox (24-47) are a season-worst 23 games below .500.

The pitching matchup Tuesday night will be identical to the one when the same two teams faced each other on Thursday in Chicago: White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon vs. Indians right-hander Mike Clevinger.

In that game in Chicago last week, the White Sox won 5-2, although Rodon (0-1, 3.60) did not figure in the decision. He pitched five innings, giving up two runs on two hits, with four strikeouts and three walks, throwing 100 pitches.

“I don’t want to make that excuse. When you show up at this level, it’s time to compete,” Rodon told reporters, “A little inconsistent today. A little everywhere. Try to get that back on track. Fastballs in Duron Harmon Jersey , that’s the key for me. I have a good fastball, just have to throw it.”

Clevinger (5-2, 3.15) took the loss but he pitched well, working seven innings, giving up one earned run on five hits, with 11 strikeouts and one walk. He threw 99 pitches.

Last year, Rodon started one game against the Indians, a 3-1 Chicago win on July 30 in which Rodon did not get a decision. He pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing one run on six hits, with nine strikeouts and two walks. In 11 career appearances against Cleveland Rodon is 4-1 with a 2.43 ERA.

Clevinger has pitched well lately.

In his last four starts he is 2-0 with a 1.32 ERA and an opponents’ batting average of .206. In six career appearances against the White Sox he is 2-2 with a 3.54 ERA.

The Indians did get some good news Monday on Carrasco, who left Saturday’s game against the Twins in the second inning after getting hit in the right elbow by a line drive. An MRI done on Carrasco’s elbow Monday showed no serious damage.

“Everything came back negative. We dodged a huge bullet,” Francona said. “They are treating it as a contusion. Once we get the swelling down the hope is he’ll come back quick. It’s just a bruise.”

The Indians on Monday also activated first baseman Yonder Alonso off the Family Medical Emergency List, and they optioned outfielder Greg Allen to Triple-A Columbus.

With left-handed relievers Andrew Miller and Tyler Olson on the disabled list, the Indians signed Rzepczynski to a minor league contract and assigned him to Columbus. Rzepczynski, who pitched for the Indians from 2013-15, was designated for assignment by Seattle on June 1.

“He’s a guy we know and like Robbie Gould Jersey , and he enjoyed his time here,” Francona said. “He’ll start pitching (Tuesday). We’re down one left-hander in the pen now, so he’s a guy who could help.”

— Gerald McCoy says he’s approaching his ninth training camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the same way he has all the others.

The six-time Pro Bowl selection really doesn’t feel there’s any reason to change because attitude is a big part of his success.

“I always try and stay in the rookie mindset, always willing to learn more, knowing I can learn more, and just do my best to learn more,” the 29-year-old defensive tackle said.

“I’m not Gerald McCoy. I’m No. 93 on a 91-man roster, trying to make the team. Once I make the team, then I’ll be Gerald McCoy. … Until then, I’m just another guy trying to make the team.”

It’s not the first time a player of his stature has claimed the same thing, but there’s no disputing the 6-foot-4, 300-pound McCoy’s desire to get better and help the Bucs re-emerge as contenders.

Tampa Bay has missed the playoffs the past 10 seasons, the second-longest drought in the NFL behind the Cleveland Browns, who haven’t earned a playoff berth since 2002.

McCoy, who has 48½ career sacks and has been selected to play in six consecutive Pro Bowls, was the third overall pick in the 2010 draft.

Personal success Arden Key Jersey , however, has been bittersweet.

A year ago, Tampa Bay’s defense ranked at or near the bottom of league rankings in several key categories, including passing, total yards and points allowed, as well as sacks and third-down efficiency.

General manager Jason Licht and coach Dirk Koetter are counting on the trend changing after upgrading around McCoy with the offseason acquisition of veteran defensive linemen Jason Pierre-Paul, Beau Allen, Vinny Curry and Mitch Unrein, as well as first-round draft pick Vita Vea.

Pierre-Paul had 58½ sacks over the past eight seasons with the New York Giants. Allen and Curry were productive members of a deep defensive line rotation that helped the Philadelphia Eagles win the Super Bowl last winter, while Unrein was part of Denver’s AFC championship team five years ago. Vea was the 12th pick of the draft.

Understandably, McCoy is excited.

“We brought in four new guys that have all played in a Super Bowl, and three of them have won it. That’s a lot of experience. Guys who know what to do and how to do it — do it the right way,” the ninth-year pro said.

“Just the (defensive line) room overall is different, a lot of experience, and a lot of knowledge. Guys bouncing ideas off of each other, things you’ve never heard before. … It’s only just going to make us great in the long run Bryan Anger Jersey ,” McCoy added. “But, we’ve got a lot of work to do.”

Curry, who started every game for the Eagles last season, said the linemen are building chemistry and learning more and more about each other every day in practice.

“My biggest thing is I’m telling everyone: winning is contagious,” Curry said.

“It’s the National Football League, everybody is good,” Curry added. “It comes down to discipline and how bad do you want it.”

McCoy is doing his part, too.

In addition to picking the brains of the veteran newcomers, he has been spending extra time after practice helping some of the younger players trying to earn jobs.

McCoy recalls the early years of his career, when there weren’t any experienced defensive linemen on the team to take him under their wings.

“I can honestly say I had no help. When I say help, I mean guidance as far as how to play this (pro) game, at least from a defensive line standpoint,” McCoy said. “I don’t want any D-linemen to come through Tampa, while I’m here, and be able to say that. … I never want guys to have to experience what I did.”

Womens J'Mon Moore Jersey

Return to “[JBC] Jebacze”