Find good work in USA?

linhui95

BALTIMORE (AP) — Oakland Athletics manager

Postby linhui95 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:45 am

Bob Melvin is confident his lineup can put up some big numbers.Those bats finally broke out against the Baltimore Orioles.Jurickson Profar got four hits Jose Iglesias Jersey , including a homer, and drove in a career-high five runs, leading Brett Anderson and the Athletics over the Orioles 13-2 Tuesday night and ending a four-game losing streak.“I just tried to get the bat on the ball,” Profar said. “I wasn’t thinking about getting RBI, just about getting on base. Every at-bat you have to try to do something to help the team. Tonight, I was getting the hits.”Slumping Orioles slugger Chris Davis didn’t play, a day after he set the major league record for the longest hitless streak by a position player at 0 for 49.Marcus Semien also homered as the A’s won on the road for the first time in five tries this season. Center fielder Ramon Laureano threw out another runner and drove in two runs for Oakland.Anderson (3-0) won his third straight start, allowing two runs and seven hits in 6 2/3 innings. He retired 11 in a row before Dwight Smith Jr. and Hanser Alberto managed back-to-back singles in the seventh.Pedro Severino hit a two-run double later that inning that ended Anderson’s outing.“It was a pretty good night, except I didn’t get through seven,” Anderson said. “I felt good. Got early groundballs. Good to get back to way we play. We have lots of guys up and down lineup who can hit it.”Trey Mancini singled in the first and has reached base safely in all 11 games for the Orioles, who have dropped five of their last six.The Athletics scored five times in the second off rookie John Means (1-1), who was making his first career start. Alberto had a costly throwing error from third base with two outs that allowed a run to score, and Semien followed with a three-run homer that made it 5-0.“I was getting soft contact for the most part Denny McLain Jersey ,” Means said. “I had a lot of teammates come up to me and say they’ve never seen anything like that with all of those infield base hits.”The Orioles ran themselves out of a potential rally in the third. Richie Martin was thrown out by Laureano — who threw out three Boston runners in a series earlier this season — trying to score from second on a single by Joey Rickard that could have loaded the bases with no outs. Rickard was then called out trying to take second on a double steal.“That’s a learning lesson for our guys,” Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said. “So, we got a little too aggressive there at times. Just one of those nights where a lot of things didn’t work out.”Profar hit his first home run of the season off Orioles reliever Richard Bleier in the seventh that provided a 6-0 lead. Profar added another two-run single and Semien had a sacrifice fly off Miguel Castro in the eighth.Castro had two balks and allowed a two-run single to Laureano and an RBI double to Profar in the ninth.PINDER STAYS HOTOakland left fielder Chad Pinder had three hits and scored three runs. He is batting .409 (9 for 22) over his last six games.TRAINER’S ROOMAthletics: Laureano was back in the lineup after missing Monday’s game with a jammed right thumb.Orioles: RHP Alex Cobb, who was supposed to start Wednesday, was placed on the 10-day injured list retroactive to April 6 with a lumbar strain. He also began the season on the IL with a right groin strain. … RHP Nate Karns (right forearm strain) was placed on the 10-day IL and RHP Evan Phillips was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Frankie Montas (1-1, 2.45 ERA) took the loss in his last outing against Houston after allowing two runs and seven hits over five innings.Orioles: Dan Straily (0-0, 33.75 ERA) will be the starter to replace the injured Cobb. Straily allowed five runs in 1 1/3 innings Sunday against the Yankees. SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) — Kansas City Royals catcher Salvador Perez will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right elbow, keeping the six-time All-Star off the field for the entire 2019 season.The decision was made after Perez received a second opinion Tuesday from Dr. Neal ElAttrache, the Los Angeles Dodgers’ team physician. Perez hurt the elbow during a workout last week and said over the weekend that he was harboring a slim hope that he might be able to play through it.Instead, he is expected to undergo surgery on Wednesday.“There was nothing that can prepare us for this. There was no information we had that led us this direction,” Royals general manager Dayton Moore said. “Salvy was having no issues. He’s asymptomatic. He has wear and tear, just like any 28-year-old catcher who’s been squatting and catching since he was 12 years old. There was no warning sign or anything like that.”Perez hit just .235 last season http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , but he had 27 homers and drove in 80 runs while providing a solid and calming presence behind the plate. The MVP of the 2015 World Series, Perez was being counted upon to help the rebuilding Royals take the steps necessary to return to the playoffs, particularly when it came to their young but promising starting rotation.Now, Cam Gallagher and Meibrys Viloria are expected to share time behind the plate.“We’re fortunate to have two really good, young catchers that have tremendous upside,” Moore said. “Cam is a young guy that can really receive. We feel highly confident in his ability back there to call a game, and we like Viloria a great deal as well as an emerging guy.”Moore also said he would scour the remaining free agents — Martin Maldonado, is still available — and reach out to other clubs about potential trades. Perez has won AL Gold Gloves in five of the last six years, with Maldonado breaking that string in 2017.But Moore acknowledged the Royals tried to acquire a veteran backup for Perez earlier in the offseason and came up empty.“We’ll see how camp unfolds,” Moore said. “It’s hard to get a third-, fourth-type catcher or veteran major league backup to join Kansas City. Nobody wants to do that. They see Salvador and say, ‘Well, I’ll never get a chance to re-establish myself.”That’s not an issue anymore Kirk Gibson Jersey , but most of the veterans that were available are in camp elsewhere.One thing Moore did make clear is the Royals have no intention of rushing MJ Melendez, one of their top prospects, to the big leagues. Melendez spent last season at Class A Lexington.“We’ll play that out and see where he is in July or August and if indeed we need some help there,” Moore said. “But you have to look at this as a positive, that it gives others an opportunity.”The Royals have embraced a run-run-run style of play this season, signing such speedsters as Billy Hamilton and Chris Owings. But that also means they have very little power throughout their lineup, and Perez was expected to help provide the opportunity to change a game in one swing.His biggest value now will come as a cheerleader. He remained one of the most upbeat players in the clubhouse, even after the injury surfaced, and his experience is invaluable for a young team.“It’s definitely not ideal losing a captain, losing our best player. It’s going to hurt any team,” Gallagher said. “We have to come together as a group and fill those shoes a little bit.”
linhui95

NEW YORK (AP) — It didn’t take long for Chris Davis‘

Postby linhui95 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 am

first benching of the season.The first baseman with the $161 million contract was out of the Baltimore Orioles‘ starting lineup for a 5-3 win over the New York Yankees on Saturday Chance Sisco Jersey , two days after going 0 for 3 with three strikeouts in the opener.Rookie manager Brandon Hyde started right-handed-hitting Trey Mancini at first base against left-hander James Paxton rather than the left-handed-hitting Davis, and right-handed-hitting Renato Nunez was the designated hitter. Mancini was 1 for 4 after getting three hits in the opening 7-2 loss, and Nunez was hitless in four at-bats.“Paxton is a tough left-handed pitcher, obviously,” Hyde said. “I want to play as many guys early as I can, also.”A two-time home run champion entering the fourth season of a seven-year contract, the 27-year-old Davis hit .168 last season, the lowest for a qualified batter in major league history. He had 16 homers, 49 RBIs and 192 strikeouts last year http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , and was benched in September following a 1-for-37 skid.Davis hit .144 against lefties last season and .178 against righties. New York started right-hander Masahiro Tanaka in the opener and scheduled left-hander J.A. Happ for Sunday.Mancini batted .225 against lefties last year, .249 versus righties.“I see Chris being part of our lineup,” Hyde said. “This was just a day I felt like would be a good day for him to take a breather. I’m trying to get him off to a good start, and I want Chris to feel good.”Paxton usually was more effective against righties than lefties last season. Right-handed batters hit .202 against him and lefties .330.“It’s not going to be a set where if a left-hander is starting, these guys are sitting,” Hyde said. “It’s going to be more matchups and splits.” Enjoy the second installment of "Marlins Flashback," a series that celebrates the best players and moments in franchise history."WhiteFanposts Sections News & RumorsAnalysisPodcastsProspects & DraftGame CoverageFull ArchiveMasthead Social Marlins Players on TwitterFish Stripes on InstagramMarlins Media Members Fish Stripes Best of 2018 Marlins StoriesScheduleRosterStatsCommunity Guidelines StubHub Marlins HistoryMarlins Flashback: D-Train’s NLDS TripleEnjoy the second installment of “Marlins Flashback,” a series that celebrates the best players and moments in franchise history. ESTShareTweetShareShareMarlins Flashback: D-Train’s NLDS TriplePhoto courtesy of MLB.comSaturday, October 4 Caleb Joseph Jersey , 2003 —Pro Player Stadium, Miami, FLDontrelle ‘D-Train’ Willis was mostly known for his unique wind-up and dominant pitching seasons with the Florida Marlins (2003-07). He was the NL ROY in 2003, the NL wins leader in 2005, a 2x All-Star (‘03, ‘05), and a World Series Champion in 2003. What some may have overlooked was his above-average ability to hit the ball, a characteristic most pitchers lack. Willis’ regular season batting statistics throughout his five-year Marlins career are certainly respectable: .234/.280/.359 (BA/OBP/SLG), 8 HR Roberto Alomar Jersey , 35 RBI, 82 H, and 21 BB.D-Train was an integral part of the Marlins’ most recent October run. Today’s flashback focuses on Game 4 of the NLDS against the San Francisco Giants that year, when he lasted 5.1 IP and gave up 5 ER, four of which came in the sixth inning. Although it wasn’t his best night pitching, Willis made up for it with his bat. He went 3-for-3 at the plate including a thunderous triple.His three hits in the contest were the most by a pitcher in the postseason since Orel Hershiser in Game 2 of the 1988 World Series. Willis’ clutch offense proved to be a big difference-maker in the game. The Marlins ended up winning Game 4 by the score of 7-6, advancing to the NLCS.
wuhuilin11

Re: Find good work in USA?

Postby wuhuilin11 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 am

louboutin
christian louboutin
supreme jacket
prada
longchamp bag
polo
true religion jeans men
nike air max 97
moncler
hermes
ralph lauren
nike vapormax
true religion hoodie
burberry wallet
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
under armour stephen curry
air vapormax
nmd adidas
lacoste polo shirts
north face jacket
asics running shoes
balenciaga bags
kate spade handbags
valentino sneakers
prada shoes
nike air max 270
yeezy boost 350 v2
adidas nmd womens
ray ban prescription sunglasses
Hermes Belts
jimmy choo
pandora bracelet
oakley eyeglasses
nike air max
nike air max 97
ecco
jordan retro
air max
mulberry
celine
pandora bracelet
ed hardy clothing
skechers boots
air jordan 11 space jam
harden vol 1
salomon boots
stephen curry
under armour jackets
chrome hearts sunglasses
salomon
yeezy shoes
polo
nike kyire
moncler jacket mens
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors bags
adidas superstar shoes
chrome hearts
air max 270
birkenstock
birkenstock sale
Pandora Charms
salomon speedcross 3
kd 11
pandora charms
kd 9
nike air vapormax flyknit
pandora
jordan shoes
jordan shoes
moncler jacket womens
ferragamo
ralph lauren shirts
lebron 15
pandora bracelet
nike shoes
nike vapormax
fitflop shoes
fitflop sale
louboutin
adidas ultra boost
kevin durant shoes
fitflops clearance
balenciaga bag
supreme clothing
barbour jacket
bulgari jewelry
air max
moncler jacket mens
pandora rings
mcm
mcm
burberry scarf
pandora jewelry
air max 270
nike air max 95
cartier love ring
ultra boost
air max 95
nike air max
nike huarache
mbt womens shoes
lebron 15
Yeezy
air max 2018
air max 95 black
kate spade
jordan retro 11
fitflop sandals
kyrie irving shoes
kate spade handbags
longchamp bag
north face
burberry backpack
goyard backpack
puma fenty
pandora earrings
nmd
space jam 11
salvatore ferragamo
Salomon Speedcross 3
chrome hearts sunglasses
coach purses
yeezy
nike air huarache
nike air max 2018
goyard tote
moncler jacket womens
moncler jacket mens
pandora jewelry
air max 270
mont blanc
asics outlet
adidas originals ultra boost
yeezy shoes
coach bags
linhui95

MILWAUKEE (AP) — Wade Miley’s baffling

Postby linhui95 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:12 am

off-speed stuff was just part of a frustrating night for the Chicago Cubs.The left-hander pitched six stingy innings http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , Lorenzo Cain reached base five times and the Milwaukee Brewers romped past the Cubs 11-1 on Tuesday to climb within three games of the NL Central leaders.Miley (3-2) allowed one run and three hits, struck out five and walked none as Milwaukee won for the fifth time in the last six meetings with its division rival. The second-place Brewers maintained a 1½-game lead over St. Louis for the top NL wild card.“I just feel now I can throw strikes,” said Miley, who missed 57 games this season with a right oblique injury. “I guess I trust my pitches and trust my catcher, and the defense is playing great.“I just threw 78 cutters and three fastballs, so it’s a 180 (from last season).”Mike Montgomery (4-5) struggled with his control for four innings, and the Brewers had their way with a succession of Cubs relievers.Cain had four walks and a double from the leadoff spot, setting the tone for Milwaukee’s offense. Christian Yelich walked and added a two-run double in the seventh, reaching base for the 21st straight game — the longest active streak in the National League.The first-place Cubs were hurt by poor defense and committed two errors. First baseman Anthony Rizzo left the game with a bruised right foot but said he was OK and would play Wednesday in the series finale.The Brewers have four games left with the Cubs, including three at Wrigley Field next week, and have their sights set on winning the division.“This is how we had to start it,” manager Craig Counsell said. “So far, so good. Another series win and try to get a sweep tomorrow.”Milwaukee has won 11 of its last 15 games, and Miley said a division title is on the Brewers’ minds.“Why wouldn’t we be?” he explained. “We’ve still got 25 games to go, 23 games to go. Why not? I don’t think you quit thinking about it until you can’t think about it no more.”Singles by Hernan Perez and Travis Shaw and a sacrifice fly by Erik Kratz gave the Brewers a 2-1 lead in the fourth inning. Cubs second baseman Javier Baez couldn’t catch Shaw’s hot shot, a play that was initially ruled an error but was later changed to a hit by the official scorer.Cain’s leadoff double in the fifth off reliever Brandon Kintzler set up the Brewers’ third run, delivered on a sacrifice fly by Jesus Aguilar.Ragged defensive play by the Cubs allowed the Brewers to extend their lead to 6-1 in the sixth. A routine grounder was booted by shortstop Addison Russell, setting up the rally against left-hander Jorge De La Rosa.One run scored on an error by first baseman Victor Caratini Shelby Miller Jersey , another on a passed ball by catcher Willson Contreras and the third on a hit batter.The Brewers scored three more in the seventh and two in the eighth. Milwaukee hit three sacrifice flies in the game. Orlando Arcia had three hits and scored three times.“We did not pitch well at all after we got by Montgomery,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. “They didn’t really beat us up offensively; we just kind of self-destructed.”TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Rizzo exited in the sixth after fouling a ball off his foot in the third. X-rays were negative. … Veteran LHP Jaime Garcia, signed Friday after being released by Toronto, joined the Cubs. They selected his contract from Triple-A Iowa and recalled outfielder Mark Zagunis, who was placed on the 60-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.Brewers: LHP Gio Gonzalez, acquired from Washington in a trade Friday, will start Saturday vs. San Francisco. Junior Guerra will go to the bullpen, Counsell said.THE RIVALRYNew Cubs pitcher Cole Hamels isn’t sure the Chicago-Milwaukee rivalry is a full-blown feud on the level of Cubs-Cardinals or Yankees-Red Sox. He said as much after the Brewers’ 4-3 comeback victory on Monday.Hamels, the Cubs starter that day, said, “When you have the majority of Cubs fans in the stands, I don’t know if that’s a rivalry.”But the fans flocking to Miller Park this week — for both teams — may think differently.“I look at it like we are spending way too much time trying to classify rivalries,” Counsell said. “Enjoy the baseball games, man.”The Cubs hold an 81-77 lead in games at Miller Park since 2001 and a 178-167 edge since the Brewers joined the National League in 1998.“I think that’s always going to be part of this series when you play up here; you’re always going to get a lot of Cubs fans,” Maddon said. “(A huge rivalry is) something that is achieved over time. Give it time and it may eventually show up that way here.”UP NEXTCubs: LHP Jose Quintana (11-9, 4.21 ERA) allowed five runs over five innings in his last start against Milwaukee, a 7-0 Brewers victory at Wrigley Field on Aug. 14. Prior to that he had given up just five runs in 49 innings vs. the Brewers. Quintana is 3-1 with a 1.32 ERA in five career starts at Miller Park.Brewers: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (14-5, 3.53 ERA) will make his 30th start of the season. He is coming off a 4-1 victory over Washington on Friday. Chacin is 2-0 in two scoreless starts and 13 innings pitched against the Cubs this season. HOUSTON (AP) — Carlos Correa is finally feeling like himself again after struggling with a back problem that hindered him for the entire second half of last season“Right now I feel dangerous Chris Owings Jersey ,” he said.Correa has plenty of reason to feel that way early this season, after homering on Friday night for his fourth straight game with an extra-base hit to lead the Houston Astros to a 3-2 win over the Oakland Athletics.After missing the first three games of the season with a sore neck, Correa is batting .333 with six hits, including a homer and three doubles in five games after posting a .180 average in the second half of last season.“He’s being Carlos Correa,” manager AJ Hinch said. “Watching him play with some freedom and the acrobatic plays that he’s playing with, the freedom in his swing, even the at-bat where he swung and missed a couple times, there’s some danger in there … I don’t think too many people need to label him anything other than elite.”Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman added two hits each to help Houston to the victory.The game was tied in the fourth when Correa connected off Frankie Montas (1-1) on his first home run of the season to make it 2-1. Altuve added an insurance run for the Astros with a run-scoring double in the seventh. Bregman singled twice, with the second one driving in a run in the third.Collin McHugh (1-1) allowed three hits and a run in six innings to help Houston snap a two-game skid and get just its second win in the past seven games. Roberto Osuna allowed an RBI single to Ramon Laureano with two outs in the ninth, before retiring pinch-hitter Chad Pinder for his second save.Montas gave up seven hits and two runs while walking three in five innings for the loss.Laureano had a career-high four hits and drove in both runs for the Athletics, who entered the game having won five of six after a 1-3 start. The top of Oakland’s lineup struggled on Friday, with Robbie Grossman, Matt Chapman, Stephen Piscotty and Khris Davis going 1 for 14.The Astros, who are coming off a franchise-record 103-win season, won their seventh straight home opener after starting the season with a tough road trip to Tampa and Texas, where they went 2-5.The Athletics loaded the bases with two outs in the third after a double by Laureano and two walks. But McHugh struck out Davis to escape the jam.“We had some opportunities again,” manager Bob Melvin said. “He was up there again with the tying runner on. Anytime he’s up with the tying run http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , we have a pretty good feeling. He’s come through for us so many times. We had some opportunities. We just didn’t come through a couple of times when we had a chance to.”Tony Kemp drew a walk with one out in the third and advanced to second on a groundout by George Springer. Altuve singled before Bregman’s second single of the game dropped into shallow center field to score Kemp and make it 1-0.A two-out single by Laureano scored Kendrys Morales, who had walked to start the inning, to tie it at 1-1 in the fourth.Correa’s two-strike shot to left-center started Houston’s fourth to put the Astros back on top. They had a chance to add to their lead when singles by Yuli Gurriel, Josh Reddick and Kemp loaded the bases with one out. But Springer grounded into a double play to end the inning.BUSH TRIBUTEThe Astros honored the memory of longtime fans former President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush, who both died last year, in a pregame ceremony. A video of them featuring images of them at various games over the years was shown on the big screen and their grandson, George P. Bush threw out the ceremonial first pitch.“Over my years here it was so great to see them come up and sit right next to the on-deck circle,” Hinch said. “Every player, every coach, me as a manager, we would always take time to acknowledge the Bush family. What a tremendous honor to have them be so proud about Houston, so proud about the Astros.”THEY SAID ITBregman on playing at home for the first time this season after the difficult start to the season: “It reminded us how to play baseball tonight.”UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Aaron Brooks (1-0, 0.00 ERA) will make his second start this season on Saturday night after combining with four relievers on a four-hitter against Boston on Monday. He allowed two hits and struck out six in six innings.Astros: LHP Wade Miley (0-1, 4.50) will look to bounce back after allowing eight hits and three runs in six innings of a 3-1 loss to Tampa in his Astros debut.
linhui95

Ron Gardenhire’s rosters ain’t got nothin’ on this one

Postby linhui95 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 am

"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire Zack Cozart Jersey , Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsThese aren’t Gardy’s Twins: On the Twins’ truly flexible yet fearsome rosterNew,5commentsRon Gardenhire’s rosters ain’t got nothin’ on this oneEDTShareTweetShareShareThese aren’t Gardy’s Twins: On the Twins’ truly flexible yet fearsome rosterNot Corky Miller.Douglas DeFelice-USA TODAY SportsSay it with me: it’s okay to have three catchers if one of them is Willians Astudillo.Fans of the 2005 Twins may remember the confounding roster construction decisions that led to Ron Gardenhire breaking camp with three — actually, four, if Matthew LeCroy is to be included — catchers on the club.If transported to the Year of our Lord 2019 and saw that the Twins still have three catchers on their roster, you’d be forgiven if you shrieked and shielded your eyes after a quick glance at the roster. But, as it turns out, Willians Astudillo is a better third catcher than Corky Miller.(He’s more entertaining, too, unless you consider 0-for-12 as a Twin “entertaining”, or perhaps the prelude to Miller’s Twins career http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , which included an .026 batting average with Cincinnati in 2004. Also entertaining.)The Twins’ everyday lineup in 2019 projects as genuinely fearsome; everyone should hit 15 or more home runs if they stay healthy, and players like a heel laceration. Occasionally, Gonzalez will slide to a different position and Astudillo will play third base. Or, there’s always the more traditional utilityman option in Ehire Adrianza.It’s important to note that this incredible flexibility is absolutely a byproduct of the Twins’ unconventional early-season schedule, which includes five off-days in the first 15 days of the season, including five games in National League ballparks. That means that Minnesota is able to carry five bench players and only 11 pitchers, prolonging a tough decision that will loom over the team for the next couple of weeks.Adrianza and Austin are each without minor league options, and the Twins would no doubt prefer to hang onto both players. Fourth outfielder Jake Cave, on the other hand, has an option remaining and could be sent to Triple-A Rochester with no repercussions.At any rate, the Twins’ season-opening roster is a testament to the creativity of the front office and new manager Rocco Baldelli. The willingness to hang onto a unique player such as Astudillo and add a versatile player like Gonzalez late in free agency ended up paying off immediately when Sano landed on the injured list and Garver struggled mightily in spring training.Now Albert Pujols Jersey , the Twins roster is ready for almost anything, and if nothing else, the entertainment factor is much higher than Gardy’s catcher-heavy roster.No word on the likelihood of Astudillo bringing back the Naked Walk to the backup catcher’s role. Stay tuned... WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Starlin Castro remains a veteran on a Miami Marlins‘ team that has gone with youth.“I don’t try to put it in my mind because that’s one thing I can’t control,” Castro said. “The thing that I can control is being here every day and doing my job.”Acquired in the December 2017 trade that sent Giancarlo Stanton, Castro hit .278 with 12 homers and 54 RBIs last season.The four-time All-Star second baseman is owed $11 million this year in the final guaranteed season of a seven-year contract he signed with the Chicago Cubs, far more than most of his teammates on a club that shed Stanton, Dee Gordon, Marcel Ozuna, Christian Yelich and J.T. Realmuto.Castro is among just five Marlins with more than five years of major league service, joined by infielders Martin Prado and Neil Walker and pitchers Wei-Yin Chen and Sergio Romo.“He’s still here Mike Trout Jersey ,” Miami shortstop J.T. Riddle said. “He’s a big contributor to our team. He’s always hit, always had a good glove, always been a good player.Now 28, Castro has a .281 career average with 111 homers and 550 RBIs in nine major league seasons.“I think he’s not a huge home run guy but he’s a guy that can hit, hits good pitching, and it takes a base hit to score the run,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said.Castro started spring training 5 for 29 with 10 strikeouts.“We don’t worry about his hitting other than getting himself a good pitch to hit and understanding what they are doing to him,” Mattingly said.
linhui95

Tim Bradbury/Getty ImagesThe Boston Red Sox

Postby linhui95 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:39 am

earned a World Series berth after a 4-1 victory on Thursday gave them the American League Championship Series victory in five games over the Houston Astros.The Los Angeles Dodgers and Milwaukee Brewers must now decide the National League representative in the Fall Classic. L.A. is up three games to two Randal Grichuk Jersey , but the Dodgers will need to win one in Milwaukee to move on. Game 6 is Friday at 8:39 p.m. ET, while Game 7 takes place Saturday at 8:09 p.m. ET, if necessary.Here's a look ahead at some World Series information, including dates, times, television and live-stream notes and odds (via OddsShark). You can also find quick breakdowns on the two potential World Series matchups below, with predictions for each one.Schedule of DatesTuesday, October 23 (Game 1): National League winner at Boston Red Sox, 8:09 p.m. ETWednesday, October 24 (Game 2): National League winner at Boston Red Sox, 8:09 p.m. ETFriday, October 26 (Game 3):Boston Red Sox at National League winner, 8:09 p.m. ETSaturday, October 27 (Game 4):Boston Red Sox at National League winner, 8:09 p.m. ETSunday, October 28 (Game 5, if necessary):Boston Red Sox at National League winner, 8:15 p.m. ETTuesday, October 30 (Game 6, if necessary): National League winner at Boston Red Sox, 8:09 p.m. ETWednesday, October 31 (Game 7, if necessary): National League winner at Boston Red Sox Jose Bautista Jersey , 8:09 p.m. ETTicket InfoWorld Series tickets can be purchased throughStubHub.Television and Live-Stream InfoAll games will take place on FOX. Fans can live-stream the action through FOX Sports Go. Pregame coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET each day with the exception of Game 5. If that game takes place, pregame coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET.Latest World Series OddsBoston Red Sox: 2-3Los Angeles Dodgers: 19-10Milwaukee Brewers: 13-2Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles DodgersThe headliner for this series would be two potential matchups between left-handed aces Chris Sale of the Red Sox and Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers.Both would be the presumptive Game 1 starters (and Game 5 starters if the series gets that far). Sale went 12-4 with a 2.11 ERA and 237 strikeouts in 158.0 innings, while Kershaw went 9-5 with a 2.73 ERA and 155 strikeouts in 161.1 innings. Sale and Kershaw have each made the All-Star Game seven times, with Kershaw winning the National League Cy Young award three times and the NL MVP once.Flip a coin to decide the winner of those two potential matchups, and the same may be said for the rest of either rotation, which features a mix of solid pitchers (Boston's playoff starter ERA is 3.92, while the Dodgers' is 3.38).The Dodgers' bullpen has been fantastic this postseason as it sports a league-best 1.11 ERA. They shined in a 2-1, 13-inning victory over the Milwaukee Brewers as relievers pitched eight innings of shutout ball while striking out nine.The Red Sox bullpen has not fared as well (3.78 ERA). Of note,closer Craig Kimbrel has not been his usual self in this year's playoffs, as he has a 7.11 ERA and 1.89 WHIP through 6.1 postseason innings.However, the Boston lineup is the better of the two. Right fielder Mookie Betts is your future American League MVP with 32 home runs and a 1.078 OPS. J.D. Martinez will likely finish top three in the voting after smacking 43 home runs and knocking in 130 runners. Overall, the lineup has a good amount of pop as it led the league inOPS, runs, hits and batting average.The Dodgers have some scary power on the left-handed side of the plate, as Max Muncy (35 home runs), Joc Pederson (25 home runs) and Cody Bellinger (25 home runs) can all do damage. However, all three players fared worse against left-handed pitching this year, and that could be an issue when the team faces left-handers Sale and David Price potentially four times if the series goes at least six games. Potentially, all three players could be on the bench to start the game. That hurts the Dodgers and gives them a little less power at the plate.Still, the L.A. bench is far deeper than Boston's, as Dodgers manager Dave Roberts can call on numerous right-handers and left-handers that can (a) hit well and (b) field multiple positions. The Red Sox don't have as much versatility.This is a tough series to predict, but with Boston having one more home game, give the slight edge to the Red Sox in the third straight Fall Classic to go the distance.Pick: Boston 4 http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-curtis-granderson-jersey , Los Angeles 3Boston Red Sox vs. Milwaukee BrewersThis series would be quite odd, and that's largely because of the importance placed on the first half of games.If the Brewers can hold onto leads into the middle innings and toss it to their bullpen, then the significant edge goes to Milwaukee.The Brewers have a better relief staff than the Red Sox, with Jeremy Jeffress (1.29 ERA) and Josh Hader (2.43 ERA) doing most of the damage.However, it's possible the Red Sox could render the Brewers' pitching strength moot if their superior batting lineup dominates the Brewers' starting/opening pitching staff.Milwaukee is piecing together the first half of games with a variety of pitchers, and for the most part it's worked. But what happens if the plan goes awry and the Red Sox jump on a Wade Miley or Brandon Woodruff or Gio Gonzalez and build a healthy lead? Manager Craig Counsell could insert one of his better relievers to stop the damage, but he'd have to build a long bridge to the ninth inning.That might be the difference in the series, as one could argue that all four of Boston's top starters (Sale, Price, Rick Porcello and Nathan Eovaldi) are better than anyone the Brewers could throw out there to begin the game save for maybe right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who has sub-four ERA in his past two years.Sale is one of the best pitchers in baseball hands down.Price normally struggles in the postseason but just tossed six fantastic shutout innings at Houston. He sports a lifetime 3.25 ERA.Porcello is the 2017 Cy Young winner. He's struggled a bit this year (4.28 ERA), but he still strikes out around a batter per inning.Eovaldi has a 1.88 ERA in 14.1 postseason innings this season and was great against the New York Yankees and Astros.Coupled with the fact that the Red Sox led the majors in OPS, batting average, hits and runs as noted before, and the advantage here goes to Boston.Pick: Boston 4, Milwaukee 1 Converting to a "submarine" delivery in his mid-20s allowed Ziegler to thrive against the best players in the world for more than a decade."On Wednesday, his 39th birthday, former Marlins right-hander BradZiegler announced his retirement from baseball. The note posted to Ziegler’s Twitter account reflects on the adversity he faced early on. A 20th-round draft pick of the Phillies in 2003, he was released after just six innings of game action. The journey to his eventual major league debut in 2008 involved a stint in the independent leagues, surviving a skull fracture and completely reinventing his delivery to compensate for a lack of fastball velocity.@BradZiegler/TwitterZiegler led the league in relief appearances this past season, so he could surely secure a contract for 2019 if interested. This paragraph explains why he has decided to hang up his cleats:At times, Ziegler was unpopular among Marlins fans. Previous ownership gave him a two-year, $16 million deal and (irresponsibly) advertised him as a key component to the “super bullpen” that would make Miami a postseason contender. He endured significant slumps early in the 2017 and 2018 seasons while battling through injury. At least they got Tommy Eveld out of it!However Marcus Stroman Jersey , don’t let your perception of Ziegler get distorted by his most vulnerable moments: he belongs on the Mount Rushmore of MLB ground ball specialists.Not only did he go out on top......Few other relievers have ever matched his combination of durability and run prevention.In the goodbye letter, Ziegler takes pride in topping 100 career saves (a milestone he reached with the Marlins), but that severely downplays his production. Of the 13 other relievers with 700-plus innings and an earned run average at least 40 percent better than league average (140 ERA+), all except MarkEichhorn were put in position to finish games on a regular basis. This guy was elite, regardless of which inning(s) he was assigned to work.Ziegler maintained an unusual disparity between his earned run average (2.75) and Fielder Independent Pitching (3.50). Especially out of the bullpen, we’re accustomed to seeing pitchers rely on strikeouts to escape jams, but he was below average in that regard (16.3 K% from 2008-2018 compared to MLB-wide 19.8 K%).Instead, Ziegler found consistent success by inducing weak contact, moving his pitches in such a way that they couldn’t be squared up or elevated. During each of his major league seasons, according to Quality of Pitch calculations, he ranked in the 100th percentile in terms of late break. Opponents simply couldn’t get their bats underneath it.Since 2008, here are the most valuable fastballs among qualified MLB relievers:Kenley Jansen, 136.8 runs above averageAroldis Chapman, 89.0Craig Kimbrel, 87.6Brad Ziegler, 82.0Baseball, to me, is so entertaining in part because of its diversity of cultures, skills, styles and strategies. We’ve gradually lost some of that as MLB front offices try to optimize their rosters to be as efficient as possible. For more than a decade, Ziegler was a refreshing change of pace.
linhui95

The Chicago Cubs (61-45) hope to rebound and stay

Postby linhui95 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:54 am

atop the National League Central on Wednesday when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (56-52) as small road favorites. The Cubs dropped the series opener to the Pirates 5-4 on Tuesday while the Milwaukee Brewers won their second straight over the Los Angeles Dodgers on the road to pull into a first-place tie in the standings. MLB betting line: The Cubs opened as -117 favorites (wager $117 to win $100); the total is at eight runs Jose Altuve Jersey , according to sportsbooks monitored by OddsShark. (Line updates and matchup report)MLB betting pick, via OddsShark computer: 4.4-2.6, Cubs (MLB picks on every game)Check out the OddsShark podcast on iTunes or at OddsShark.libsyn.com for more odds information, betting picks and a breakdown of this week's top sports betting news.Why the Cubs can pay on the MLB linesIt isn't time to panic just yet in the Windy City, as Chicago is still in prime position to win the division title despite the team's recent slide. The Cubs have lost three of their last four games but will start new addition Cole Hamels (5-9, 4.72 ERA with the Texas Rangers), as he returns to the National League where he enjoyed a lot of success in Philadelphia.The numbers the 34-year-old posted with the Rangers this year before the trade may not seem impressive, but a closer look shows he was 4-2 in 10 road starts with a 2.93 ERA. He also pitched well at night, going 5-3 in 14 outings with a 3.49 ERA. Why the Pirates can pay on the MLB linesPittsburgh surprised many with its deadline deals on Tuesday http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , showing this team is dedicated to making a run at a wild-card berth. The Pirates are only three games out of a playoff spot and added a top-line starter in Chris Archer from the Tampa Bay Rays.While Archer will need to wait to make his Pittsburgh debut, Nick Kingham (5-5, 4.80 ERA) gets the call here looking to get back on track. Gene J. Puskar/Associated PressThe 26-year-old rookie had won three in a row before suffering a setback against the New York Mets last Thursday, surrendering six runs and seven hits in three innings of a 12-6 defeat.Smart betting pickThe Pirates have won the past two meetings after losing four of five in the series. Pittsburgh has also won 14 of 17 overall, while Chicago is sliding and desperately needs a victory in this spot. Fortunately for the Cubs, they have dropped as many as two straight just twice since June 25 when they lost five in a row. Look for Chicago to bounce back with Hamels earning the win.MLB betting trendsThe total has gone under in six of Chicago's last eight games.The total has gone under in four of Chicago's last five games against Pittsburgh.Pittsburgh is 2-4 in its last six games at home against Chicago. All MLB odds and betting trends according to Bleacher Report's official odds partner, OddsShark. Check out OddsShark on Twitter and Instagram or head to YouTube for more betting picks and analysis on this week's top games. You can also download the free odds tracker app. DENVER (AP) — Kyle Freeland has the stuff of an ace. He delivers in the clutch like an ace, too.Just don’t expect Colorado manager Bud Black to label the left-hander one yet. Not even a dominating performance like this could sway him. Freeland threw seven sharp innings and combined with the bullpen on a two-hitter to help the Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 2-0 on Monday night in a game that was interrupted 32 minutes by rain.“I’m a critical judge of an ace,” Black said. “For me George Springer Jersey , an ace is somebody that does it over a long period of time. This is no knock on Kyle. I mean, for me, an ace is the guy who’s passed the test of time, who’s been an All-Star, maybe conceivably won a Cy Young.“But, hey, don’t get me wrong: I love the way Kyle’s pitching. He’s been great.”Freeland (10-7) allowed two hits and struck out five. It was his fourth career game of seven or more shutout innings at Coors Field.“The one thing is not letting the old Coors Field effect come into play for me,” said Freeland, who grew up in Denver. “I pitch my game.”Relievers Seunghwan Oh and Wade Davis combined to close out the win. Davis pitched a perfect ninth for his 32nd save in 38 chances.It was a positive step for a beleaguered bullpen that endured three walk-off losses — two by Davis — during a 2-5 road swing.“Good to see Wade bounce back Evan Gattis Jersey ,” Black said.Joe Musgrove (4-6) retired the first 12 batters he faced before allowing a single to Nolan Arenado on the first pitch of the fifth. The right-hander scattered four hits over seven innings and allowed two runs, one earned.Colorado scored both of its runs off Musgrove in the fifth. Arenado raced home with the first when Josh Harrison booted Gerardo Parra’s grounder. Just then, the rain picked up intensity and the grounds crew brought out the tarp.“I was locked in,” Musgrove said. “I didn’t realize how hard it was raining until I walked off the field.”After the delay, Musgrove hit Ian Desmond to load the bases and Chris Iannetta followed with a sacrifice fly to bring in another run. The damage could’ve been more if not for right fielder Gregory Polanco throwing out Parra trying to score from second on David Dahl’s single.“I would’ve rather not had it,” Musgrove said of the delay. “The delay kind of caused me to lose my rhythm a little bit.”Freeland allowed a single to Corey Dickerson to lead off the game and Musgrove’s double in the third. Other than that, Freeland was tough to solve against a Pirates team that scored five runs off him in four innings on April 18.“Pretty much everything” was working, Freeland said. “Fastball command was really good.”TRAINING ROOMRockies: RHP Antonio Senzatela (shoulder inflammation) will rest a few days before playing catch. “He feels good. We’re optimistic there,” Black said. … OF Charlie Blackmon was given a day off.HEAVY AIRThe wind picked up intensity and the temperature dropped about 14 degrees http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , making it hard for the baseball to leave the ball park. David Freese hit a deep drive to center in the fourth and Starling Marte another in the sixth that got held up by the breeze.“They squared a couple up to dead center that I thought off the barrel had a chance to go,” Freeland said. “I just think the wind might have been swirling up there.”NEW INFIELDERThe Pirates acquired infielder Adeiny Hechavarria from Tampa Bay for minor league reliever Matt Seelinger. Hechavarria is expected to arrive Tuesday.“Very good feedback from our scouts following him,” Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. “Be a good addition all the way around.”UP NEXTThe Rockies will bring RHP Chad Bettis (5-1, 5.10 ERA) off the disabled list to start Tuesday against the Pirates. Bettis hasn’t pitched for Colorado since July 1 due to a blister on his middle finger. Pittsburgh will throw RHP Jameson Taillon (8-8, 3.74), who’s been charged with three runs or less in each of his last 12 starts.Both pitchers dealt with testicular cancer a season ago.“Both healthy. Both in the big leagues,” Taillon said. “Life’s good.”
linhui95

The right side of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line is banged

Postby linhui95 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:48 am

up right now Rashaad Penny Color Rush Jersey , so it’s not too much of a surprise that they’ve decided to promote rookie offensive tackle Elijah Nkansah from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. This announcement was made by the team on Saturday. Nkansah is a 6’5”, 315 lbs rookie UDFA from Toledo who played both left and right tackle in college, but was exclusively a left tackle in his senior season. Obviously he’s an emergency option right now due to the uncertainty over the health of starting RT Germain Ifedi (groin), who will be a game-time decision for Sunday night’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Right guard D.J. Fluker (hamstring) is also questionable, so Seattle might need to start two backups on the OL against the dangerous Chiefs pass rush.With Nkansah promoted, someone had to be waived, and that person is WR Malik Turner. The UDFA rookie was himself promoted from practice squad to the active roster earlier this season, making two catches for 20 yards in six games. It’s highly likely that once he clears waivers, he’ll just head back to the practice squad. HONOLULU (AP) — No. 8 Stanford eased its way to another win Sunday, but an injury to guard Anna Wilson late in its game against Hawaii weighed heavily on the team and its players.Wilson Doug Baldwin Color Rush Jersey , a junior guard and the sister of NFL star Russell Wilson, fell backward and hit a chair while playing defense according to Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer. Wilson remained down on the court for about 20 minutes after getting hurt while medical personnel attended to her. They stabilized her neck before she was taken to a hospital.While she was being treated on the court, the officials and coaches decided to end the game with 48.2 seconds left. The Cardinal won the game 81-59 in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown.“Our number one priority is Anna Wilson’s health and I think what happened is just unfortunate. In the last minute of the game, people are playing hard and there was nothing involved except for just an accident,” VanDerveer said of the sequence in front of the Hawaii bench.“She kind of got tripped up a little bit and fell back into the chair, so we’re all very concerned about her health and pray for her to be healthy. She’s a great young lady and for all of our team, it kind of dampens the three games that we played and obviously the game that we played today against Hawaii,” VanDerveer added.Wilson’s mother made her way to the arena floor and was seen being consoled by VanDerveer while paramedics put her daughter on a gurney.Tests came back clear for Wilson and she was set to join the team on their red-eye flight home Sunday night according to a university spokesman.Hawaii coach Laura Beeman said she did not see the play that led to Wilson’s injury, but expressed her concern for the Stanford player.“You never want a player to get injured. I don’t care how the tournament ends up, I don’t care how that game ended C. J. Prosise Color Rush Jersey , I think it was the right call to end the game,” Beeman said. “Obviously we’re concerned about her safety and that’s all that I can say. We’ll just keep her in our thoughts and prayers and hope that she’s all right.”Alanna Smith scored a season-high 30 points and Dijonai Carrington added 12 for Stanford (6-0), which trailed for just 24 seconds early on in the contest and led by as many as 25 late.Smith finished three points shy of her career high in points scored.Makenna Woodfolk scored 16 points and Courtney Middap added 11 for the Rainbow Wahine (1-6).Stanford held a 40-22 lead at halftime. It leads the all-time series against Hawaii, 10-0.BIG PICTUREStanford: The Cardinal played their third consecutive game without freshman forward Lexie Hull (leg injury), who has recorded the team’s only double-double this year. Wilson has started the last three games in Hull’s place.VanDerveer said it was too soon to speculate on how Wilson’s injury will affect the starting lineup.“The number one thing is her getting better, but we have other people that any time someone gets hurt, someone has to step up. . We’ll have to wait and see about where we go from here, but it’s unfortunate. We’re all concerned about her right now, but I think we’re just waiting for good news and we can get excited about getting back and practicing and how well we did in the tournament,” VanDerveer said.Hawaii: Turnovers continue to be a thorn in the side for the Rainbow Wahine Tre Madden Color Rush Jersey , who entered Sunday’s game averaging 17 per game and minus 2.1 in turnover margin. They turned it over 19 times against the Cardinal, who returned the favor 13 times.MISSED OPPORTUNITIESHawaii took its only lead of the game on Amy Atwell’s 3-pointer from the right wing that put the hosts ahead 8-6 with 4:43 left in the first quarter. However, it went scoreless for the rest of the period — while Stanford went on a 9-0 run — and missed a handful of easy buckets from close proximity.“The number eight team in the country makes you do things you don’t want to do. I thought that we opened up the game aggressive, we missed five layups in the first half and I thought that kind of dug us a hole,” Beeman said. “Instead of being down maybe six (points) at halftime, I think we were down 15 to 18 and you don’t come back on a team like Stanford — they’re too well coached, they’re too disciplined — and so we had dug ourselves into a little bit of a hole.”UP NEXTStanford will return to the mainland after three games in the islands in three days and visit Gonzaga next Sunday.Hawaii will go a span of nine days without playing a game before it hosts former Western Athletic Conference-foe Idaho on Dec. 5.
linhui95

www.coltsfanshop.com

Postby linhui95 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 am

LANDOVER Jabaal Sheard Jersey , Md. (AP) — The half-century home sellout streak is over for the Washington Redskins.The announced attendance of 57,013 for Washington’s 21-9 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday was about 25,000 short of the 82,000 capacity listed in the team’s 2018 media guide.The team boasts in the guide that it has “sold out every home game for the past 50 seasons.”So much for that. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie confirmed that the sellout streak ended Sunday. Even if the crowd was smaller than usual, it made itself heard Sunday: Boos rang out a few times during a sloppy performance in which the defense couldn’t get Andrew Luck off the field when it mattered most and the offense couldn’t get in the end zone.“If you don’t give them anything to cheer about,” Washington left tackle Trent Williams said, “they’re probably going to boo.”The Colts were aware of the jeers, too.“I (saw) them kind of getting down when the crowd started booing them,” said T.Y. Hilton, whose 3-yard TD catch with about 7½ minutes left sealed the victory for Indianapolis (1-1), “but our job is to put our foot on the gas.”Williams said he noticed the patches of empty seats.Of more concern to the Pro Bowler and his teammates was how poorly the Redskins (1-1) played.“You feel like you want to throw up or something,” linebacker Mason Foster said.After winning their season opener last week by beating the Arizona Cardinals 24-6 thanks in large part to a league-best 182 yards rushing, including 96 from Adrian Peterson, the Redskins turned in a meek showing on the ground.Washington ran for 65 yards, with just 20 from Peterson on 11 carries, a 1.8 average. That looked terrific compared to Chris Thompson, who ran four times for a grand total of 1 yard.“We didn’t have a very good run plan,” coach Jay Gruden said. “Didn’t give (Peterson) any good looks.”There were other issues, on both sides of the ball.An inability to stop the Colts on their opening possession, which ended with Luck’s 7-yard, back-shoulder touchdown throw to tight end Eric Ebron, or that fourth-quarter drive that culminated with Luck’s scoring toss to Hilton.An inability to get going on offense, particularly after two interceptions by safety D.J. Swearinger, which each led to only a field goal.“We had no chemistry at all today,” Gruden said. “Myself as a play caller, really, it’s my fault.” The Colts’ season ended just as it began: in disappointment, frustration, and general helplessness. The team was thoroughly outplayed and outclassed by a drastically more talented Chiefs team, falling 31-13 in a game that was Pierre Desir Color Rush Jersey , despite an admirable performance by the defense in the second half, never close. The Colts looked like the 1-5 team they started the season as; they were uncreative, uninspired, and frankly untalented. The disappointment in Kansas City falls mainly on the shoulders of the offense, as once again quarterback Andrew Luck didn’t show up in a playoff game, while head coach Frank Reich’s gameplan was completely unsuccessful. No receiver other than Dontrelle Inman could get open against a pretty average chiefs secondary, and the offensive line, the key to the Colts’ playoff run, was dominated in the run game by a defensive front had been the weakness of the Chiefs’ absurdly awful run defense throughout the season. On Saturday the Colts looked like a team that wasn’t in the same class of Kansas City or any of the other NFL elites. But the good news, as every Colts fan knows all too well, is that they shouldn’t be. As admirable as the team’s 10-1 run this season was, it was pretty clear this team was not a true playoff contender as much as we might have tried to convince ourselves otherwise. The team’s best wins of the season came against a Dallas team with an unusually inept performance by quarterback Dak Prescott, twice against a Houston team with an offensive line that would make the Grigson/Pagano Colts proud, and twice against a Tennessee team starting quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert, who’s proven to be terrible, and Marcus Mariota, who Tennessee should and presumably will be looking to replace in the next couple of the years.All of that’s to say that their divisional round loss must be put in the right context. As admirable as their run was, the Colts were lucky to make the playoffs (thanks to the easiest schedule of the past three seasons) and were lucky to be placed against a Houston team that they were extremely comfortable with. But while the Colts’ success this season can be seen to some degree as a fluke, the foundation they were able to lay this season is something to be incredibly excited about going forward. The post-Grigson rebuild is over for all intents and purposes. GM Chris Ballard has put together a young core that’s only going to get better, has extra picks in the second and likely fourth round from the Sam Darnold Trade and the Donte Moncrief signing respectively, and has $100+ million in cap space that he could and absolutely should use recklessly before it comes time to pay Luck and the young studs from the 2017 and 2018 draft classes in a few years. This team has all the makings of a team that will be ready to truly compete in the playoffs as soon as next year, despite an absolutely brutal road schedule. This is a critical offseason for Ballard and company because if they take advantage of the plethora of resources at their disposal, those Super Bowl dreams fans had at times this season will not be far-fetched.So what exactly must the team do in the offseason? Let’s dive in, position by position, as the offseason ramps up in the next few months.Note: UFA denotes an unrestricted free agent, RFA denotes a restricted free agent, and ERFA designates an Exclusive Rights Free Agent.QuarterbacksOn Roster: Andrew Luck, Jacoby Brissett, Phillip WalkerFree Agents: N/AWhat They Have: The most important thing for the Colts in 2018 was the complete return of Andrew Luck. He played masterfully during the win streak and at times looked better than he did pre-injury. The arm strength might not have been 100% by the offseason, as the Kansas City game showed some concerning lack of velocity https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Kemoko-Turay-Jersey , but a full offseason to recover should get Luck’s arm *close enough* to full strength to the point where it’s not a concern at all. Outside of that, Luck was at his best. With an actual offensive line to protect him, Luck displayed poise and mobility in the pocket at a level that I had never seen from him before. Luck was as accurate as ever, posting far and away his career high in completion percentage, and didn’t skip a beat getting his absurd chemistry with T.Y. Hilton back to pre-injury levels. Luck was way more cautious than ever as well, both by sliding and getting out of bounds as a runner and making *less* bone-headed decisions as a passer. Behind him, Jacoby Brissett didn’t need to come in for any meaningful plays (except that infamous Hail Mary against Philadelphia early in the season) but still was one of the best stories on the team. Brissett embraced his role on the scout team and his honorary spot as a member of the defense, and contributed to the aforementioned unified locker room that contributed to the Colts elongated stretch of success. And of course, I would be remiss not giving a shoutout to Phillip Walker, who’s practice squad musical chairs was one of the most fun storylines of the season. What They Need: The big question with this unit is Brissett’s status going forward. Ballard came out Monday and expressed that an offer would have to “blow him away” in order to trade the QB. What that potential offer looks like is hard to say, though I have a hard time believing that if someone offered a first round pick Ballard would turn it down (though I have a very hard time believing that such an offer would ever be made). If Brissett stays, the team has the option to extend him as soon as this offseason, or when he hits unrestricted free agency next year. He would undoubtedly provide value as a very good backup quarterback, but it remains to be seen whether this is a role he would like to pursue during the length of his vital second contract. If not, and Brissett signs a fairly hefty deal with one of the many QB-needy teams out there, he would likely receive a large enough contract to give the Colts a compensatory pick in the third or fourth round in the 2021 draft. There are many options for the relationship between Brissett and the Colts going forward, but it will take open and honest communication between Ballard and Brissett to ensure neither gets spurned.Unless Brissett signs an extension this offseason, I expect the team to strongly consider adding a rookie quarterback to at least the training camp roster, be it one in the later rounds of the draft or in undrafted free agency. If they are not sold on Walker as a future backup level player, and I’m not sure why anyone would be at this point, this player would be a logical fit to take his place on the practice squad and could replace Brissett down the line. Running BacksOn Roster: Marlon Mack, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Free Agents: Jonathan Williams (RFA)What They Have: The Running Backs were easily one of the most surprising units of the team this season. Marlon Mack emerged after his early season injury as a capable starter, posting an impressive 4.7 yards per carry and one of the highest success rates in the league at .47, and notably starring in games against the Jets, Bills, Raiders, Cowboys, Titans Anthony Castonzo Jersey , and in the playoff game against Houston. He’s not a perfect running back; his receiving skills are not up to par and his upright running style can slow him down to the point where his breakaway runs are contained. But the balance, agility, and pass protection he displayed is something the Colts haven’t seen in a young running back in the Andrew Luck Era, and he has done more than enough to, in my estimation, go into the season as the clear-cut answer at RB1.Behind him, the Colts enjoyed tremendous rookie campaigns from both Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins. Wilkins was an analytics favorite, posting a very solid .4 success rate and a positive expected points added per play (EPA). He’s not going to be a lead back anytime soon, but he showed he can be a versatile and valuable part of a committee. Hines, on the other hand, is one of the most intriguing players on the offense due to the value he provides in the passing game. Hines posted 314 yards on the ground and 425 yards in the air on an astounding 63 receptions. Reich used Hines both out wide and in the backfield, and hopefully will continue to find creative uses for one of the most explosive players on the team. Hines projects as the ideal third-down receiving back, the perfect complement to Mack and Wilkins, and might even turn into something more if he can improve as a runner. Finally, former Arkansas Razorback Jonathan Williams, a player who I really liked coming out of college, was kept on the roster and could be a candidate to make next year’s 53, though banking on that at this point seems like a longshot.What They Need: The elephant in the room with the Colts’ Running Backs is the possibility of the addition of Le’Veon Bell. The Colts have the cap space to offer him whatever they want, and a lack of talent on offense that Bell would undoubtedly bolster. While I don’t believe adding Bell would result in the locker room implosion some seem to suggest, I would be very wary of adding the former Steeler for any contract that he would be happy taking. Rushing has been effectively devalued in the league today, and the statistical difference between Bell and a guy like Mack is not enough to justify the heavy financial investment one would have to give to a soon-to-be 27-year-old running back who is likely on the way down as a player and hasn’t seen the field in more than a year. Bell would undoubtedly bolster the offense, especially in the passing game, but unless he is willing to take a short-term deal, the dangers of his contract would outweigh the value added on the field at this point in his career. Even if that guy is not Bell, I expect the Colts to add one more back in the offseason. If they turn to free agency, guys like Tevin Coleman or Corey Grant would add some much-needed speed to this offense. What do you think of the Colts’ roster as a whole? What player would you most like to add in free agency? What position is in the most need of talent? Leave a comment or hit me up on Twitter, @__AlexJacobson.
linhui95

The Packers may have suffered through an unmemorable

Postby linhui95 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:03 am

season Green Bay Packers T-Shirts , but they did get things kicked off with one of the best games of 2018, and on Saturday night, Aaron Rodgers was recognized for the teams’ stunning 24-23 comeback against the historically great Bears defense with the “Moment of the Year” award.It was a thrilling and supremely unlikely victory given how the season progressed for both the Bears and Packers. The Bears would jump out to a 17-0 halftime lead after knocking Aaron Rodgers from the game with what looked to be a fairly serious knee injury. Rodgers would return, down 20-0, to a huge ovation in the second half, and partially because he had no mobility, morphed into a Tom Brady-esque quick strike passer to finish out the game. Getting the ball out early served to neutralize the fierce Bear pass rush, and Chicago had no answer as Rodgers carved up the NFL’s number one defense as if it were Dom Capers-led. Rodgers capped off the game with a 75-yard touchdown to Randall Cobb, who weaved in and out of a sea of defenders before finally taking it to the house. Both Cobb and the Packers peaked early in 2018 https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/hats , as this game accounted for roughly a third of Cobb’s season production. After this he would catch only 29 balls for just 241 yards (8.3 per reception), for 1 TD, while only hauling in 56% of targets. Presenting the award was none other than Brett Lorenzo Favre, who Rodgers thanked as an early mentor, and an inspiration. Rodgers also thanked “Cobby,” who is unlikely to return to the team next season after a sensational Packer career. It was a nice moment, and a well-deserved honor for a sensational performance, but it was also a bittersweet reminder of what might have been. That said, it was also an indicator of just how good the team could have been with slightly better health Green Bay Packers Hoodie , and slightly better coaching. In 2019, perhaps they will have both. Though the Green Bay Packers have a game remaining on their 2018 schedule, the process of finding their next head coach has already begun in earnest. According to Pro Football Talk, the team has interviewed former Indianapolis Colts and Detroit Lions headman Jim Caldwell for the position.Caldwell becomes the first candidate to formally interview for the position vacated by Mike McCarthy. Caldwell has a 62-50 career record as a head coach, guiding the Colts to the Super Bowl in 2009. However, Caldwell hasn’t won a playoff game as a head coach since that season, going 0-3 with Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford as his quarterbacks.That Caldwell comes from outside the Packers organization matters. The NFL recently updated the Rooney Rule -- the stipulation that teams must interview at least one minority candidate for a vacancy at head coach -- to force clubs to interview such candidates not already on their staff in order to fulfill the requirement. For years, teams have hastily interviewed a minority assistant already in house so as to obey the letter, but not the spirit http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Darnell-Savage-Jr.-Jersey , of the law. The Oakland Raiders received criticism for doing exactly when they quietly interviewed tight-end coach Bobby Johnson after already agreeing to make Jon Gruden their next head coach last January.As such, Caldwell’s interview satisfies the Rooney Rule, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Green Bay doesn’t consider him a viable candidate. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday that multiple teams have looked into Caldwell as a candidate.The Packers will interview more coaches from outside the organization after the regular season concludes on Sunday. The list of rumored candidates includes Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald, the New England Patriots’ Josh McDaniels, and Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley.

Return to “[JBC] Jebacze”