Authentic Roquan Smith Jersey

[THUG] Thug Life Bitches board
linzhihong18

”So there’s got to be something

Postby linzhihong18 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:33 am

Winner stays.

That’s the norm on the playground http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marquis-haynes-jersey , where a team playing pickup ball remains on the court until it is beaten.

And that’s the way Ice Cube insisted it had to be in the BIG3.

Win a championship, come back the next season with the team intact to defend the title.

”To me it goes back to the essence of 3-on-3, king of the court mentality,” Cube said.

The question is whether it’s fair to Trilogy, the undefeated champion from the inaugural season of the entertainer’s 3-on-3 league of former NBA players.

It wouldn’t work in major professional sports. But in the BIG3, back come Kenyon Martin, Al Harrington, Rashad McCants Kyzir White Color Rush Jersey , James White and Dion Glover, who guaranteed themselves a job for this year by winning the title. They have the chance to defend their title against rivals that have bolstered by an influx of former NBA champions, All-Stars or Olympic gold medalists.

”We are at a disadvantage because we have kind of been exposed to what we have and what we’re capable of, going 10-0, so everybody’s done their homework,” said the 33-year-old McCants. ”They know who we are. There’s a scouting report now, so it’s going to be a lot more difficult this year than it was last year.”

All the players in the league – other than those on Trilogy – who weren’t captains or co-captains went back into this year’s draft pool, with no promise of getting picked with the added talent that was available this year: Amare Stoudemire http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-bradley-chubb-jersey , Ron Artest, Carlos Boozer, Baron Davis and Nate Robinson signed on. It is unclear what players’ salaries are; the league has not publicly disclosed that information.

The only move for Triology coach Rick Mahorn was the addition of Dahntay Jones when rosters were expanded to six players. The 6-foot-4 McCants, last year’s No. 1 overall pick and leading scorer in the championship game, was promoted to a co-captain.

Cube doesn’t know if job security for the winners was a motivating factor for players who came aboard when he founded his league with entertainment executive Jeff Kwatinetz. McCants, who played four years in the NBA, a few more overseas and knows how hard it is to have a career playing basketball, takes pride in the gimmick even while acknowledging that it doesn’t work in his team’s favor.

”It’s a refreshing aspect to the league where you have bragging rights to say Vinny Curry Color Rush Jersey , `Hey, you guys got to go back into the combine and go through the draft all over again because you didn’t win, and the winners prevail,”’ he said.

And then in pro sports sometimes they then break up practically the moment the victory celebration is over. Free agency is a benefit for players but at times a detriment to teams.

”We felt like fans are weary of, you get behind a team, they win it, and you don’t know if that same team is going to come back or not,” Cube said. ”You don’t know who’s going to leave http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-b.j.-hill-jersey , and I just think fans are sick of that. So to me, fans are not really getting into teams as much as they’re getting into players. So that’s the reason why I think there has to be a happy medium between what exists now in sports, which is free agency kind of run rampant, and a balance of what the fans really want.

”So there’s got to be something, so in our league we just eliminate that.”

Cube envisions a 12-team league playing twice a week in NBA arenas next season if the BIG3, trying to capitalize on the popularity of 3-on-3, which debuts in the Olympics in 2020 – is successful. That would make even more teams to beat for whoever wins this season’s title. But he believes not changing up the champ is the best approach.

”Like yo, if you win it Calvin Ridley Color Rush Jersey , you’re the champion, there’s no reason for you to make any changes,” he said. ”And the rest of the league has a measuring stick to draft because everybody goes back to the draft pool pretty much if you don’t win the championship, so you have to reorganize your thinking of your team to figure out how to beat this standard. So it just, to me, works better.”

linzhihong18

The Knicks cited Fizdale’s leadership

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 am

Cleveland and Golden State were stressed and stretched to their limits in the conference finals this time around Saquon Barkley Giants Jersey , leaving little time to recoup and prepare for their latest showdown in the NBA Finals.

”Splintered” is how Stephen Curry described what he feared could happen in the second quarter of Game 7 at Houston, with the Warriors pushed to the brink by the Rockets.

So, Golden State held a serious team chat and got it together at last. LeBron James willed his Cavaliers back to the big stage with another spectacular performance against Boston.

”It was a special moment for us. And I think one that we’ll look back, if we get the job done over these next two weeks, where, again, as an appreciation of all that goes into winning a championship,” Curry said Wednesday, ”and doing it by committee and making sure every guy Lorenzo Carter Color Rush Jersey , whether you’re playing well or not, or things are going your way or not, that we all bring something to the fold that have gotten us to four straight Finals.

”And we’ve done it by appreciating everybody that’s a part of that group. I think that two and a half minutes was a special moment for us, and it should give us great momentum going into the series.”

Now, James and the Cavs and Curry and the defending champions find themselves in familiar territory, facing off in a fourth straight NBA Finals – just with far less prep time after each team played furious Game 7s on the road to get back here.

Cavs-W’s, Act IV is a little bit different, indeed. Game 1 is Thursday night at Oracle Arena.

King James stands in the way of a Warriors repeat, just as he did in spoiling that quest for Golden State and leading the Cavs to a championship two years ago with a Game 7 win on the Warriors’ home court http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sam-darnold-jersey , where they have currently won 17 of the last 18 postseason games.

James never counted out Golden State.

”Just going against the Warriors in the last three years in the Finals, I kind of figured or thought that they could get it done,” he said. ”Just because of the 18 of a possible 21 Finals games that I’ve played against them in the last three years, I figured out that they could make it happen.”

Here are some things to watch for heading into the best-of-seven series:

JAMES’ SHOT: James isn’t ready to make any bold predictions about how great he might be in his eighth straight Finals.

Yet the way he prepares, there’s no doubt in his mind he will be ready when the ball tips.

”The level that I can play at is to be seen, but the level that I put into the game and put into my craft is who I am,” James said. ”So numbers and things like that kind of take care of itself. But for me, I understand and I know how much I put into the game. So everything else is OK.”

NO REST FOR THE WEARY: With only two days between games after the Warriors eliminated the Rockets 101-92 on Monday night, Draymond Green is happy to have an opponent in Cleveland he knows so well.

”In recent years we’ve been kind of having a week off http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-joel-iyiegbuniwe-jersey , at most, to prepare for the Finals. It’s almost a day to prepare this time,” he said. ”So it definitely helps knowing the opponent, knowing, obviously, everything stops and starts with LeBron, and trying to do what we can to make things tough on him, but also take other guys out of the game.”

The Cavs finished their series Sunday at Boston, so James spent a relaxing Memorial Day Monday with family having a barbecue.

INJURY WOES: Both teams face significant injury concerns: Golden State defensive stopper and 2015 Finals MVP Andre Iguodala was ruled out for Game 1 with a bone bruise in his left knee Robert Golden Color Rush Jersey , while Cleveland’s Kevin Love remains in the NBA’s concussion protocol with his status uncertain.

GOLDEN STATE AMONG GREATEST: James considers Golden State among the greatest teams ever, and insists each side has earned this. James is ignoring the critics who say this annual matchup might be bad for basketball.

”Teams have had their opportunities to beat the Cavs over the last four years and teams have had opportunities to beat the Warriors over the last four years,” James said. ”If you want to see somebody else in the postseason then you’ve got to beat `em.”

David Fizdale has been hired as coach of the Knicks, saying he is hoping to ”build the type of winning team the passionate fans of New York will be proud of.”

The Knicks announced the hiring Monday after agreeing to terms with the former Memphis Grizzlies coach last week. They plan to introduce Fizdale at a news conference Tuesday.

Fizdale went 50-51 with the Grizzlies, leading them to the postseason in his only full season before getting fired early last year after clashing with star center Marc Gasol. He becomes the 29th coach in franchise history, hoping to lead the Knicks out of what is now a five-year postseason drought.

He replaces Jeff Hornacek, who lasted two seasons in New York before getting fired hours after the season finale.

The Knicks cited Fizdale’s leadership, experience and expertise in player development in a news release announcing the hiring. Fizdale spent eight years as an assistant in Miami, helping the Heat win two NBA titles.

”I appreciate the enormous responsibility it is to coach the Knicks and am ready to give my all to build the type of winning team the passionate fans of New York will be proud of Authentic Lukas Dostal Jersey ,” he said in the release.

Fizdale, 43, also was an assistant for four seasons in Atlanta and one in Golden State.

linzhihong18

With Iguodala, his value goes far deeper than stats.

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 am

DENVER — Nolan Arenado has come roaring out of the longest drought of his career and will try to continue his offensive surge Saturday when the Colorado Rockies play host to the Miami Marlins.

A six-run fourth inning on Friday night helped the Rockies (38-38) get back to .500 for the first time since June 9 as Colorado beat the Marlins Authentic Sam Darnold Jersey , 11-3. It was their fourth straight win during a 4-1 homestand. The Rockies have clinched their first winning homestand of the season and improved to 15-20 at Coors Field.

The Marlins (29-47) fell to 3-4 on their current road trip that ends in Colorado. They yielded at least 10 runs for the 10th time this season and for the eighth time on the road, where their record is a National League-worst 15-26,

Arenado, an All-Star third baseman, went 3-for-4, hitting a two-run homer to cap the fourth inning outburst. It was his 17th homer and gave him home runs in four consecutive games, the second-longest streak of his career. He homered in a franchise-record six consecutive games from Sept. 1 to Sept. 5, 2015.

Arenado has gone 10-for-17 (.588) in his past four games with multiple hits in each one. Last Friday at Texas, he broke a 0-for-19 drought, the longest of his career http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mason-cole-jersey , during his second at-bat.

Since ending that slide, Arenado is 15-for-33 (.455) with five doubles, five homers and 16 RBIs. Overall this season, Arenado is hitting .323 with 53 RBI and a 1.008 OPS.

“Nolan, over the course of his career, is becoming a better hitter for me,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. “He’s taking what the pitchers are giving him, especially this year. You’ve seen over the course of May into June, Nolan being pitched really tough. And his ability to take the ball on the outside part of the plate and drive it to right field or get a single the other way is pure hitting.

“He has the power to pull the ball out of the park. What I like is the all-field hitting we’re seeing from Nolan. You’re talking about one of the best players in the game, so it’s not surprising that he adjusts and adapts to what’s going on. And that’s the sign of a talented player.”

Rockies left-hander Tyler Anderson (4-2 Kevin Hogan Color Rush Jersey , 4.52 ERA) will oppose the Marlins. He lasted 1 1/3 scoreless innings on April 29 at Miami before being forced to leave because he was feeling light-headed. He’s 1-1, 1.29 in three starts against Miami.

After working seven innings in consecutive starts and allowing three runs, Anderson gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings Monday against the New York Mets and took the loss as the Rockies were trampled, 12-2. He allowed two homers in that game and has yielded 14 homers this season in 79 2/3 innings.

Marlins rookie Trevor Richards (1-4, 5.45), who is in his second stint with the team this season, lost his last start Sunday at Baltimore, giving up nine hits and six runs in 3 1/3 innings as the Marlins fell, 10-4. He has made eight starts, five of which the Marlins have lost. In five starts on the road Rashaan Evans Color Rush Jersey , Richards is 0-3 with a 7.40 ERA.

Richards has never faced the Rockies and will be making his Coors Field debut. Left-hander Wei-Yin Chen, who gave up nine hits and seven runs in Friday’s loss, said he received some advice about pitching at Coors Field from former Orioles teammate Ubaldo Jimenez, who went 56-45 with a 3.66 ERA with the Rockies and was 19-8 with a 2.98 ERA in 2010, the best season by a Rockies starter in franchise history.

“Ubaldo Jimenez once told me, ‘if you pitch here your off-speed pitch will have a different angle or different movement,'” Chen said. “I heard that, so I think I need to make some adjustment to it, but actually it’s kind of hard to make the adjustment on the field while you’re pitching.”

Richards undoubtedly will receive advice about coping with Coors Field. The daunting challenge is implementing that advice, particularly when pitching there the first time.

Andre Iguodala http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-cordy-glenn-jersey , welcome back to the NBA Finals.

The Golden State Warriors cleared Andre Iguodala to play in Game 3 of the title series against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night, following a six-game absence to deal with a bone bruise around his left knee.

Iguodala hadn’t played since Game 3 of the Western Conference finals against Houston, and the Warriors went 4-2 in his absence.

”Andre helps us in every regard,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. ”He’s one of the smartest players in the league.”

Iguodala’s return figures to be another big boost for the Warriors, who lead the Cavaliers 2-0 in this series and now get the 2015 NBA Finals MVP back into their rotation.

Iguodala has averaged 11.4 points in 18 past finals games – including a 20-point showing for Golden State in last year’s title clincher against the Cavaliers. He had been starting for Golden State in these playoffs, part of what is known as the Warriors’ ”Hamptons 5” lineup in a nod to the four players who went on the recruiting trip to lure Kevin Durant to their team two summers ago.

Iguodala is averaging 7.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in this postseason.

”We talk about his versatility all the time,” Warriors guard Stephen Curry said. ”We talk about the ways that he can fill holes defensively and offensively for us, especially against teams that we have such familiarity with. He’s such a high-IQ type of guy that he’ll most likely find himself in the right place at the right time and help our rotation get back to what we’re consistently used to.

”Just for him, just as a person, to be healthy and be able to play in The Finals now that we’re here Justus Annunen Blackhawks Jersey , I think that would mean a lot to him and give us an emotional boost as well.”

With Iguodala, his value goes far deeper than stats.

Players, coaches and even opponents rave about how he makes the Warriors better with his decision-making and how he’s a calming influence on the floor. And with Golden State already halfway to the four wins needed for another NBA title, his presence will make this comeback attempt by the Cavaliers in this series only more challenging.

”We all know what he’s capable of and how he helps this team,” Warriors forward Draymond Green said. ”So it will be a huge boost for us.”

linzhihong18

Much has been made that James

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:12 am

ST. PETERSBURG Thomas Rawls Color Rush Jersey , Fla. — The New York Yankees have the best record in baseball at 50-22, and they’ve rarely been better than against the Tampa Bay Rays this season.

The Yankees won their first five meetings with the Rays this season by a combined margin of 31-10 before losing Sunday, and they’re back again for a weekend series at Tropicana Field, having won seven of eight overall after a sweep of the Mariners.

New York has been dominant for many reasons, but a strong bullpen is certainly one of them, with a collective ERA of 2.86, second only to Houston among American League teams. Part of that has been solid starting pitching requiring less use of relievers. The Yankees’ relievers have thrown close to 70 innings fewer than the Rays have in grinding out a 3.73 ERA in a league-high workload.

“They’ve been terrific Jordan Akins Color Rush Jersey ,” manager Aaron Boone said of New York’s relievers. “They protect each other, because many guys have stepped up. … It’s a big reason. We’re built in a lot of ways around that great bullpen. They continue to deliver.”

The Rays (34-40) have lost five of seven and have sorely missed that continuity in their starting rotation, continuing to rely on relievers working as “openers” on patchwork bullpen days. Such will be the case in Friday’s opener, with right-hander Ryne Stanek (1-1, 2.21 ERA) getting the ball first, but expected to go little more than the first inning.

Stanek has pitched exceptionally well in that role, however. In eight June appearances http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-james-daniels-jersey , he has an 0.00 ERA in 10 2/3 innings, having allowed only three hits with 12 strikeouts against three walks. Until their recent skid, the Rays had continued to hover around .500 baseball despite trading away major parts of last year’s team in exchange for prospects.

Stanek started last Saturday’s game against the Yankees, and allowed one hit and no runs in 1 1/3 innings in a game New York won 4-1. He has faced the Yankees five times in his career, inclding that one start, and is 0-0 with a 2.08 ERA over 4 1/3 innings.

The Rays got one key player back after missing two months with injury in center fielder Kevin Kiermaier, whose defense is among the league’s best. His bat has yet to come around this season P.J. Hall Color Rush Jersey , though. He is 0-for-9 in two games since returning from the disabled list, lowering his season average to .135.

“He’s fine. He’ll get going,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. “Unfortunately, KK got off to a rough start. Those numbers are going to be ugly for a little while, but I’m confident he’ll get going … I’m very confident.”

The Rays will face a familiar face Friday in Yankees starter C.C. Sabathia, who is 4-2 this season with a 3.30 ERA, with one of those two losses coming Sunday against the Rays in New York. Sabathia pitched into the eighth but gave up a season-high 10 hits Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , allowing three runs in a 3-1 loss while striking out a season-high 10 batters and walking only one.

Sabathia has faced the Rays 46 times in his career, and no opponent has more wins against him than the Rays — he’s 16-15 all-time, with a 3.76 ERA.

New York goes into the series with a considerable head of steam. They’re 17-4 in their last 21 games, putting them on pace to challenge the best starts by any team at this stage in the season.

LeBron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers teammates arrived in style Friday.

Each wore the same suit with a white shirt and a dark tie. Some even wore sunglasses for the pivotal Game 3 against the Pacers.

It was all by design.

James wanted the three-time defending Eastern Conference championships to show they were unified when they arrived at Indiana.

So the four-time MVP and three-time NBA champion reached out to designer Thom Browne, and suddenly the Cavs were all the rage of the fashion world.

Much has been made that James needs more help from his teammates to survive what has been a tougher-than-expected series.

But James didn’t seem worried before the team’s morning shootaround.

”I have confidence in all my guys going out and playing the game the right way, so we’ll see what happens,” James said.

The message seemed to resonate within the locker room.

After getting blown out in Game 1 Brent Suter Milwaukee Brewers Jersey , and hanging on for a 100-97 win in Game 2, the Cavs forced 10 first-half turnovers.

And the offense got in sync, too, during a 15-2 first-quarter run. Cleveland jumped out to 57-40 halftime lead.

More NBA basketball: .
linzhihong18

Johnathan Motley had 20 points and seven rebounds

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 am

Watch out http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-terrell-edmunds-jersey , New England. Here comes Sacksonville.

Get ready, Philly. The Vikings are sailing into town.

Tom Brady and the big game-tested Patriots (14-3) square off against the sack-happy Jacksonville Jaguars (12-6) next Sunday in the AFC championship game in Foxborough, Massachusetts – with the winner headed to the Super Bowl.

”It’s been an awesome year,” Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles said, ”and we want to keep it going.”

In the NFC, Nick Foles and the resilient Philadelphia Eagles (14-3) host Case Keenum and the surprising Minnesota Vikings (14-3) – in a matchup of teams that overcame losing their starting quarterbacks.

”They count us out all the time,” said Minnesota’s Stefon Diggs, whose 61-yard touchdown catch as time expired Sunday gave the Vikings a stunning 29-24 victory. ”Nobody thinking we can do it. This game was over. I don’t stop playing till the clock hit zero. That’s it.”

The Vikings open as a 3 +-point favorite against the Eagles, while the Patriots open favored by 9 1/2 in their game.

Being here is nothing new, of course, for New England, which has advanced to the Super Bowl in three of the past six seasons.

For fresh-faced Jacksonville, however, this is all rare territory.

The Jaguars are playing in the conference title game for just the third time in franchise history, and first since losing to Tennessee during the 1999 season. Jacksonville is also one of four franchises to never play in the Super Bowl.

”I’m sure there will still be tons of people that are going to disapprove or talk negative or hate or do whatever they want Hayden Hurst Color Rush Jersey ,” Bortles said. ”But we get to keep playing. We get an opportunity to go play in Foxborough for another week, so I’m just honored to be able to do this and especially with this group of guys.”

And, it has all come full circle for Tom Coughlin, who was Jacksonville’s coach the previous time the franchise got this far in the postseason.

He went on to win two Super Bowls with the New York Giants – both against Bill Belichick’s Patriots – but is now the Jaguars’ executive vice president of football operations. He helped assemble a squad with coach Doug Marrone that has been powered by a tenacious defense that ranked second in the NFL during the regular season in sacks.

After a few ho-hum games, Bortles, running back Leonard Fournette and the Jaguars offense showed it isn’t too shabby, either, outslugging Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a stunning 45-42 victory Sunday.

”Obviously, with what they have on their side of the ball, it’s a good team and we know they’ve got a good offense,” Bortles said. ”We knew we had to keep scoring.”

There’s also this neat nugget: Jacksonville’s first AFC championship game appearance came during the 1996 season – against New England, which went on to play in the Super Bowl under then-coach Bill Parcells and lost to the Brett Favre-led Green Bay Packers.

The Patriots have made it to the AFC championship game for seven straight seasons, clinching this trip with a 35-14 drubbing of the Tennessee Titans on Saturday night.

”The reality of the NFL is what we did this week will have nothing to do with what happens next week,” Brady said. ”We’re going to have to go repeat it, so you’ve got to get right back to work http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-pernell-mcphee-jersey , right back to the process of trying to figure out how to break down our opponent.

”Everyone’s got to feel good physically and mentally and go out there and try to cut it loose one more time in a huge game.”

The Patriots know how to do that, and they’re masters of tuning out distractions. Despite a published report during the week that raised questions about the relationships between Brady, Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft, New England was all business on the field against the Titans.

”It’s pretty incredible to be a part of that,” Brady said. ”I think the thing is that we don’t really take it for granted around here. I know how hard it is to get to this game. We’re very blessed to do it.”

Meanwhile, Philadelphia is playing for the NFC title for the 11th time, but hasn’t won it since the 2004 season – when the Eagles went on to lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

”We’ll be ready for next week,” defensive tackle Fletcher Cox said.

The Eagles used steady play by Foles and a late goal-line stand by their defense to beat the Atlanta Falcons 15-10 on Saturday. It set up Philadelphia’s first conference championship appearance since the 2008 season.

And it comes despite the Eagles losing starting quarterback Carson Wentz, a leading MVP contender, to a season-ending knee injury last month.

”Our team never wavered, defense did an amazing job, special teams,” Foles said. ”That’s just been the story this year is that we just all stuck together.”

The same can be said of the Vikings, who entered the season with Sam Bradford as their quarterback and had big playoff hopes. But he went down with a knee injury after the first week – and it appeared Minnesota’s dreams might be dashed.

Enter Keenum, an unheralded and undrafted backup who ended up having the best season of his career.

To top it off Authentic Lamar Jackson Jersey , Keenum combined with Diggs on one of the most stunning plays in NFL playoff history, a winning TD that sent the Vikings to their 10th NFC title game and first since the 2009 season.

”I don’t even know right now,̶ These are highly uncertain times for the San Antonio Spurs.

That’s why Lonnie Walker IV might be so valuable.

This is a summer when Spurs mainstay Tony Parker has already left for Charlotte, when four-time NBA champion Manu Ginobili is going through what now seems like his annual contemplation of retirement and when 2014 NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard’s future is most uncertain – both in terms of where he may play next and if his quadriceps injury is healed to the point where he can return to the court.

But Walker IV is here, and he’s eager to be a part of whatever will be in San Antonio.

”I’ve worked so hard to get to this moment that I can’t not be confident to play against grown men who are older than me,” said Walker, who turned pro after one season with the Miami Hurricanes. ”I know day-in and day-out the blood, sweat and tears I put into this game and how great a player I can become.”

He had 14 points in the Spurs’ 95-90 win over the Washington Wizards on Sunday – Day 3 of the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, where there was another 10-game slate as the teams progress toward the start of playoffs later this week.

It’s hard to imagine there’s a player in Las Vegas happier with his current lot in life than Walker IV.

He just got his first apartment, a major accomplishment for a kid whose upbringing in Reading, Pennsylvania was often challenging to say the least. In an Instagram post after getting his new place in San Antonio, Walker IV opened up about how hard times were.

”Survival by the fittest was the strategy growing up,” he wrote. ”Splitting a cheeseburger for dinner. Chips for breakfast. Not knowing where I will sleep the next day. Living with 10 plus people. Waking up in the middle of the night because your house got shot up. Who would’ve thought at the age of 19. I’m alive and healthy and just got my first apt. Who would’ve thought that this kid from Reading would make it out. No one understands my struggle and my pain.”

Such worries are long gone.

He’s guaranteed to make $5 million in salary over the next two years, has signed a shoe deal with Adidas and more than likely will grab a few more endorsements along the way.

In other words, no more splitting cheeseburgers for him. And he hopes his story motivates anyone it reaches.

”To any kid who is trying to become an NBA player or trying to become something in life Alex Colome Seattle Mariners Jersey , I’ve been through it all,” Walker IV said. ”You can’t let adversity continue to knock you down. I just want to continue to motivate everyone and believe that they can be happy and be something special.”

Sunday’s summaries:

SPURS 95, WIZARDS 90

Jaron Blossomgame’s follow-up dunk with 9.7 seconds left helped San Antonio, which led by 20 points early, hold off Washington. The Wizards had two shots to tie or take the lead in the final seconds, missing both. Blossomgame led the Spurs (1-1) with 22 points. Devin Robinson scored 24 points, Troy Brown Jr. added 21 and Thomas Bryant scored 20 on 9-for-11 shooting for Washington (0-2).

TIMBERWOLVES 103, RAPTORS 92

Keita Bates-Diop scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for Minnesota (1-1). Jonathan Stark and Josh Okogie each added 16 points for the Timberwolves. Jordan Loyd scored 17 for the Raptors (0-2).

HORNETS 94, HEAT 90

Willy Hernangomez and Dwayne Bacon had 22 points apiece and second-round pick Devonte Graham made all four free throws in the final 5.2 seconds to help the Hornets hold off the Heat. Graham finished with 12 points and the No. 12 selection Miles Bridges added 14 points for Charlotte (2-0). Daryl Macon had 17 points and Landry Nnoko added 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Heat (0-2). Derrick Jones Jr. left the game in the first quarter with an ankle injury.

TRAIL BLAZERS 85, HAWKS 68

Jake Layman scored 23, going 4 of 5 from 3-point range, and John Jenkins and Anfernee Simons added 12 points apiece for the Trail Blazers (2-0). John Collins had 18 points and nine rebounds for the Hawks (0-2), who were 4 of 28 from 3-point range. No. 5 pick Trae Young was scoreless in nine minutes before leaving the game with a quad contusion. The injury is not considered to be serious.

MAVERICKS 81, BUCKS 78

Johnathan Motley had 20 points and seven rebounds, Dorian Finney-Smith added 14 points and Dennis Smith Jr. scored 10 for the Mavericks (1-1). The Bucks rallied late Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , but second-round pick Jalen Brunson made a steal in the final seconds that secured the win for Dallas. Travis Trice II had 16 points, Sterling Brown scored 14 and Christian Wood had 10 points and 10 boards for the Bucks (1-1).

ROCKETS 87, WARRIORS 81

RJ Hunter scored 24 and made 5 of 11 from 3-point range, and De’Anthony Melton added 17 points for Houston (2-0). The Rockets outscored the Warriors 35-14 in the fourth quarter and closed the game on a 7-1 run. Marcus Derrickson had 23 points to lead the Warriors (1-1).

JAZZ 90, KNICKS 85

Georges Niang had 20 points and eight rebounds and Tony Bradley scored 16 points for Utah (1-1). Niang made a pair of free throws with 22 seconds left to make it a two-possession game. Diamond Stone added 14 points and Jairus Lyles scored 11. No. 9 pick Kevin Knox scored 19 to lead the Knicks (1-1). Frank Ntilikina added 17 points, Allonzo Trier scored 15 and second-round pick Mitchell Robinson – who signed a multiyear contract Sunday – had 12 points and 11 rebounds.

MAGIC 86, GRIZZLIES 56

Jonathan Isaac, the No. 6 overall selection last year, had 12 points, seven rebounds and five blocks, and Mo Bamba – this year’s sixth overall pick R.
linzhihong18

Nadal holds a 50-point edge

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 am

When the Golden State Warriors lost Game 5 of the Western Conference finals to the Rockets on Thursday night to send them to the brink of elimination they vowed to be back in Houston for Game 7.

After a resounding win in Game 6 that’s exactly where the defending champions are Vinny Curry Color Rush Jersey , preparing for a winner-take-all game Monday night for a spot in the NBA Finals.

”It’s going to be fun,” Stephen Curry said. ”It’s what you play for, to be in a situation where you’re one win away from going to the finals. Pressure both ways because of how big the moment is, and you’ve got to want it.”

The Warriors trailed by as many as 17 points in the first half Saturday night before using a splendid second half to roll to a 115-86 victory. Curry knows that if the Warriors hope to return to the finals for the fourth straight year they’ll have to get off to a better start in Game 7.

”I guarantee if we start the game out like we did (Saturday) and they jump out to the lead, it’s going to be 10 times harder to make it a game,” Curry said. ”So for us that’s our challenge to have the same mentality we had for the last 36 minutes of (Game 6) and bring that from the jump in Game 7.”

Kevin Durant is excited about helping the Warriors return to the finals, but he got a little confused on when Game 7 was on Saturday night.

”I can’t wait `til Tuesday,” Durant said.

Curry quickly jumped in to correct his teammate.

”Monday,” he said. ”Please don’t miss a game.”

The Rockets aren’t dwelling on their missed opportunity to close out the series as they get ready for Monday’s game where they’ll try to punch their ticket to finals for the first time since winning back-to-back titles in 1995-95.

They might have to do it without star Chris Paul http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-korey-toomer-jersey , who is dealing with a strained right hamstring that kept him out of Game 6. Coach Mike D’Antoni said Sunday that he’s continuing to receive treatment and his status for Game 7 will likely be a game-time decision.

James Harden, who had 22 points in the first half on Saturday night but just 10 the rest of the way, insists that the Rockets remain confident despite the blowout loss and are up to Monday’s challenge.

”There’s no pressure. It’s an opportunity, an opportunity that we all are excited to be a part of,” he said. ”Game 7 at our house, that’s what we’ve worked the entire regular season for (is) to get home-court advantage. So we’re going to come out and be ready.”

The Rockets tied the Raptors for best home record in the NBA during the regular season by going 34-7. They’re 7-2 in Houston this postseason with one of their losses coming in Game 1 of this series.

After 10,000 people paid $10 each to watch Saturday night’s game at the Toyota Center in what was a fundraiser for victims of the Santa Fe school shooting, Harden has no doubt that the home fans will be ready to help them out in Game 7.

”They’re going to bring it,” he said. ”We’ve got a whole city behind us Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , and they’re as loyal as they come.”

Golden State coach Steve Kerr is trying to figure out why his team has struggled to put together complete games in this series, but is proud that the Warriors have found ways to win despite their up and down play.

”Our guys have a ton of character and a ton of competitiveness, desire,” he said. ”They’re champions. So our guys compete. That’s the main thing. They may not always focus, but they compete.”

The Warriors are also dealing with injuries as Kerr said Andre Iguodala, who has missed the last two games with a bruised left leg, is doubtful for Monday’s game.

Kevon Looney has filled in for him the last two games but is also listed as questionable for Game 7 with sore toe on his left foot. However Kerr said Looney is fine and will play in Game 7.

Third time was the charm for James Harden.

The Houston Rockets star was voted the NBA’s Most Valuable Player after twice being runner-up, beating out four-time winner LeBron James and Anthony Davis of the Pelicans at the NBA Awards.

Harden joined Michael Jordan as the only players to average at least 20 points, eight assists Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , five rebounds and 1.7 steals in a season.

He led the league in scoring, 3-pointers and 50-point games with four while helping the Rockets to an NBA-leading 65 wins.

James didn’t attend the show in Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport amid frenzied speculation about his future. He has until Friday to tell the Cavaliers if he will pick up his $35.6 million option for next season or opt for free agency.

Harden, who is from Los Angeles, led his mother on stage before he accepted the trophy from Commissioner Adam Silver.

Dwane Casey won the NBA’s Coach of the Year award for his work with his former team, the Toronto Raptors. He was fired last month and has since become coach of the Detroit Pistons.

Casey led the Raptors to the No. 1 seed in the East for the first time in franchise history. Toronto won a team-record 59 games. Casey coached the East in the All-Star Game for the first time.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) – Oscar Robertson commends the off-court activism of today’s NBA players, although the Hall of Famer wonders why more white athletes aren’t speaking out, too.

Robertson received the Lifetime Achievement Award from presenters Charles Barkley and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at the NBA Awards.

Robertson is the career leader in triple-doubles and was the first player to average one for a season. His antitrust case against the NBA also ushered in free agency for players, which Robertson said was his most important assist.

The 79-year-old former guard who starred at Crispus Attucks High in Indianapolis and in college at Cincinnati before going to the NBA said it’s time for players to speak out about politics and education http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jordan-whitehead-jersey , among other issues.

”But the only thing that really bothers me is where are the white athletes when this is happening?” he said backstage. ”This is not a black athlete problem. You see injustice in the world. It’s all around you.”

COLLEGE BASEBALL

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) – Game 1 of the College World Series finals between Arkansas and Oregon State was postponed until Tuesday night because of rain – just the latest in a line of delays caused by the weather this year.

”In my 16 years of being involved with this championship, this has been the most challenging College World Series as it relates to inclement weather,” NCAA director of championships and alliances Randy Buhr said.

Rain fell most of the day, and officials announced late in the afternoon that the game would be delayed. The decision to postpone came 90 minutes after the scheduled first pitch.

Arkansas (47-19) will start Blaine Knight (13-0) against Luke Heimlich (16-2) of Oregon State (53-11-1) on Tuesday.

COLLEGE SPORTS

CHICAGO (AP) – A federal appeals court has backed an NCAA rule requiring most football players who transfer schools to sit out a year.

The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago upheld a lower-court finding that NCAA transfer rules don’t violate U.S. antitrust laws.

Monday’s decision was in a lawsuit brought by a former punter for Northern Illinois University, Peter Deppe. The ruling focuses on a requirement that most Division I football players who transfer to another school must sit out a year.

Deppe’s lawyers argued the Indianapolis-based NCAA enforces the rule primarily to ensure transfers don’t hurt the quality of the football and thereby cut into lucrative revenues. They say that makes it an unreasonable restraint on trade.

But the 7th Circuit rejected that. Its unanimous opinion accepted the NCAA’s concern that easy player transfers would undermine ”the amateur character of college athletics.”

A statement from the NCAA welcomed the ruling, saying it was consistent with prior court rulings that recognize ”the NCAA’s ability to preserve college sports.”

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – UConn President Susan Herbst told Kevin Ollie she was upholding his firing because the former men’s basketball coach had a pattern of breaking NCAA rules and committed serious violations, according to a letter obtained by The Associated Press.

The school released the June 19 letter from Herbst to Ollie on Monday in response to open records requests from the AP and other news organizations.

Ollie has asserted that the violations which led to his firing in March were minimal and isolated.

Herbst denies that idea in the letter Justin Bethel Color Rush Jersey , writing that ”eventually even a series of `isolated’ or `de mimimis’ violations can become a pattern of non-compliance, which is what occurred in the Men’s Basketball program under your leadership.”

TENNIS

LONDON (AP) – Rafael Nadal is back at No. 1 in the ATP rankings, retaking the top spot from Roger Federer after just one week.

Monday’s new order is the sixth change of the year at No. 1, the most since there were eight in 1999.

The record is 10 switches at No. 1 in 1983.

Federer still is expected to be seeded No. 1 for Wimbledon, where he won his record eighth championship a year ago. The grass-court Grand Slam tournament’s seedings are scheduled to be announced Wednesday. Play begins next week.

Nadal holds a 50-point edge over Federer in the rankings and will hold onto No. 1 for at least the next three weeks.
linzhihong18

The crop of available puck-stoppers

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 am

A person with knowledge of the situation says the Phoenix Suns have decided not to re-sign center Alex Len and point guard Elfrid Payton http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jordan-akins-jersey , clearing some $10 million in salary cap space as the team prepares to make a run at free agents.

The person asked to remain anonymous because those intentions have not been made public. Free agency begins in the NBA on Sunday.

The moves were expected.

The 7-foot-1 Len, who comes from the Ukraine, was the fifth overall pick in the 2013 draft after one season at Maryland. He played in 335 games over four seasons with Phoenix, averaging 7.2 points and 6.5 rebounds per game, never becoming the dominant big man the Suns had hoped he would be. Last season, Len appeared in 69 games, averaging 8.5 points and 7.5 rebounds.

Acquired from Orlando for a second-round pick at last season’s trade deadline, Payton averaged 11.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 6.2 assists in 19 games with Phoenix but shot 44 percent from the field http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-geron-christian-jersey , 20 percent from 3-point range.

The Suns’ decision not to re-sign the players first was reported by azcentral (The Arizona Republic).

NHL teams seeking a center are in luck, especially the ones that can get an audience with John Tavares.

It’s no secret that Tavares is where free agency begins. He and his representatives have already met with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins and San Jose Sharks and are set to speak with the Dallas Stars and Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday to court the 27-year-old superstar.

”We’ve had a discussion on that front,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Saturday at the NHL draft . ”I think that’s still a bit to be determined.”

As the No. 1 pending free agent, Tavares not only gets to hand out his rose like hockey’s version of ”The Bachelor,” he can set the tone for the rest of the players available.

Only the Islanders can offer an eight-year contract – unless they execute a sign-and-trade to recoup some value – and he could very well become the league’s second-highest-paid player behind Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid, who makes an average of $12.5 million a season.

”I think that (at)91Tavares should join the Sharks!” San Jose captain Joe Pavelski’s grandmother Mary Ann tweeted .

As soon as Tavares decides to stay with the Islanders or sign elsewhere, the movement will begin.

Paul Stastny should be the next-best center available after putting up 15 points in 17 playoff games with Winnipeg. Another 32-year-old, Toronto’s Tyler Bozak John Kelly Color Rush Jersey , could be a fallback plan for teams that don’t sign Tavares, and Buffalo will continue to get calls about two-way star Ryan O’Reilly as the push from contenders to add talent heats up.

The Sharks are right in the middle of a lot of those conversations. Owner Hasso Plattner, GM Doug Wilson and coach Peter DeBoer made their pitch to Tavares at Creative Artists Agency’s Los Angeles office Tuesday.

”We explore everything, every opportunity,” Wilson said Saturday after Ilya Kovalchuk chose to sign with Los Angeles. ”It’s a good thing that I think players look at our place as a place they want to consider to play.”

The Lightning, who re-signed J.T. Miller to a $26.25 million, five-year deal, provide an attractive destination for Tavares and others after reaching the Eastern Conference final with a young core, but Tampa Bay’s salary cap space is tight.

”We would have to make room Kenny Young Color Rush Jersey ,” GM Steve Yzerman said. ”We would have to make room if we brought in a significant salary.”

Dallas could soon agree with center Tyler Seguin on a long-term contract, but has much more free cap space than Tampa Bay to use this summer. Expect GM Jim Nill to be active.

”We’ll be getting a lot of calls from players,” Nill said. ”It’s exciting just to see what’s out there.”

Tavares’ hometown Maple Leafs are the most intriguing destination because they’re a playoff team with a Stanley Cup-winning coach in Mike Babcock and young talent everywhere, from forwards Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner and William Nylander to defenseman Morgan Rielly. They also have almost $25 million in salary-cap space, and GM Kyle Dubas hopes Toronto can add a substantial player in free agency.

”We’ll try to figure that out if the opportunity presents itself,” Dubas said. ”We’re confident right now with our cap situation that we can do really whatever we want to do at this point. Nothing is going to stop us or hold us back and that’s how we’ll proceed here through the entire summer.”

Here are some things to watch in free agency beyond Tavares:

WINGING IT WITH JVR

Only two unrestricted free agents scored 30 goals this past season: Tavares and Maple Leafs left wing James van Riemsdyk, who had 36 a year after recording a career-high 62 points in 2016-17. Teams don’t ordinarily let a 6-foot-3, 217-pounder such as van Riemsdyk get to July 1 Nate Solder Color Rush Jersey , but the Maple Leafs are in on Tavares, will need to give Nylander a raise as a restricted free agent and can talk extensions for Matthews and Marner this summer.

With that in mind, van Riemsdyk could easily get a maximum-length, seven-year deal in free agency – perhaps from the New York Rangers he grew up rooting for, or the nearby Islanders or Devils. New Jersey trade acquisition Patrick Maroon and veteran Rick Nash also fit the bill for teams looking for big forwards who can fill the net.

”We’ve had great communication with Rick and his representatives,” Sweeney said of Nash, whom the Bruins traded for in February. ”The time is in his court and stage to initiate whatever talks he wants wherever he wants to go. I think he strongly indicated that Boston is a place that he would consider and as would we.”

FLAWED GOALTENDERS

The crop of available puck-stoppers has a shortage of sure-thing starters. Veterans Jaroslav Halak, Kari Lehtonen and Cam Ward have done it before, but may be at the stage of their careers that they’ll have to split time.

Late-blooming 32-year-old Carter Hutton hasn’t been a No. 1 in the NHL http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-lorenzo-carter-jersey , but looks to have that potential after his .931 save percentage last season was the best among goalies who appeared in at least 20 games.

Teams could also take a shot on goalies who were not tendered contract offers as restricted free agents and are now to open to sign anywhere: Robin Lehner and Petr Mrazek.

DEPTH DEFENSEMEN

After John Carlson, who re-signed with the Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals at $64 million over eight years, there’s a significant drop-off to rest of the available defensemen and not many out there who are particularly product.
linzhihong18

Just being here and learning what it takes

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 am

LeBron James hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-vita-vea-jersey , a crowning moment for another brilliant performance, to give Cleveland a 98-95 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night in Game 5, putting the Cavaliers within one victory of advancing in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Moments after blocking Victor Oladipo’s possible go-ahead driving layup, James caught the inbounds pass, took two dribbles and dropped the winner over Thaddeus Young.

As Cleveland’s sellout crowd exploded, James hugged rookie teammate Cedi Osman before jumping on the scorer’s table to celebrate another of those moments that will define his career.

James finished with 44 points, 10 rebounds, eight assists and went 15 of 15 from the line.

Kyle Korver added 19 points and Cleveland’s much-maligned defense tightened just in time as the Cavaliers seized their first lead in the first-round series after being down 1-0 and 2-1.

Cleveland can close out Indiana with a win Friday night in Indianapolis.

Domantas Sabonis scored 22 points, and Young had 16 for the Pacers.

ROCKETS 122, TIMBERWOLVES 104

HOUSTON (AP) – Clint Capela had 26 points and 15 rebounds Brian O'Neill Color Rush Jersey , James Harden added 24 points and Houston pulled away in the third quarter to finish off Minnesota in five games.

Houston will await the winner of the Utah-Oklahoma City series. The top-seeded Rockets are headed to the second round for the second year in a row after taking care of the eighth-seeded Timberwolves.

Karl-Anthony Towns led the Timberwolves with 23 points and 14 rebounds, and Jamal Crawford added 20 points. Minnesota was in the postseason for the first time since 2004.

THUNDER 107, JAZZ 99

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Russell Westbrook scored 45 points and Oklahoma City rallied from 25 points down in the second half to fight off elimination and beat Utah.

Westbrook also had 15 rebounds and seven assists. Paul George added 34 points and eight rebounds.

Utah takes a 3-2 lead back to Salt Lake City for Game 6 on Friday.

Oklahoma City took advantage after Utah’s post players, Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors, got into foul trouble. Both finished with five fouls, and Oklahoma City was able to get to the basket consistently for the first time in the series. Jae Crowder had a career playoff-high 27 points for Utah. Donovan Mitchell scored 23 points, and Joe Ingles added 16.

RAPTORS 108, WIZARDS 98

TORONTO (AP) – DeMar DeRozan scored 32 points, Kyle Lowry had 17 points and 10 assists and Torontobeat Washington in Game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead.

Toronto rebounded after losing Games 3 and 4 in Washington. Game 6 is Friday night in Washington.

The only team in the NBA to avoid a three-game losing streak this season, the Raptors went 5-0 following back-to-back losses during the regular season Taron Johnson Color Rush Jersey , and have not lost three straight since last year’s second-round sweep against Cleveland.

Delon Wright scored 11 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter, and Jonas Valanciunas had 14 points and 13 rebounds for Raptors. John Wall had 26 points, and Bradley Beal added 20 for the Wizards.

One thing sticks out to Patriots running back Dion Lewis about his time with the Philadelphia Eagles.

”Not playing,” Lewis said Tuesday with a smirk.

Lewis is one of three Patriots starters who will be facing their former team in Sunday’s Super Bowl, along with receiver Danny Amendola and safety Patrick Chung.

All three players look back on their experiences in Philadelphia differently, but they have played their best football since being rejected by the Eagles early in their careers.

Lewis was drafted by Philadelphia in the fifth round in 2011 and played two seasons for them before he was traded to Cleveland. Amendola was among Philadelphia’s final cuts in training camp in 2009. Chung started his career in New England, spent a forgettable year with the Eagles in 2013, then returned to the Patriots in 2014.

Amendola has experienced people doubting his abilities since he entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Dallas in 2008. He signed with Philadelphia in 2009 after being cut by the Cowboys. But after eight months with the Eagles, he was released. He was signed up by the St. Louis Rams and stayed there for four seasons before signing a five-year contract with the Patriots in 2013.

This past Christmas he tweeted a picture of his framed No. 11 Eagles jersey, a gift from a friend.

”It’s in my pool room – hanging as daily motivation Ed Dickson Color Rush Jersey ,” Amendola said. ”I’ve come a long way since getting the opportunity to play there. It obviously didn’t work out, so I guess I take it as a learning experience and just realize how far I’ve come.”

Chung thought he was heading for a fresh start when he signed a three-year contract with Philadelphia in 2013, but it didn’t work out under then first-year coach Chip Kelly. Chung was back in New England the next season. The decision paid off with a Super Bowl ring last season.

As for that 2013 season, Chung was coy about what he remembers about the experience.

”That’ll be between me and those people,” Chung said.

Lewis said despite his success in New England winning a ring last season and leading the team this season in rushing yards (896) and rushing touchdowns (six), he has learned to stay motivated.

”Never safe. You still gotta put the work in. You still gotta get an opportunity. That’s what most of the guys in the league need – just an opportunity to compete,” Lewis said.

He said he’s matured a lot since leaving Philly.

”People look at you and kind of characterize you,” Lewis said. ”They try to tell you what they think you can do without even really knowing you. That’s kind of what I went through. I just kind of keep battling and showing people what I can do.”

As much as Lewis, Amendola and Chung have enjoyed their time in New England, they aren’t naive to how the Patriots deal with aging players. This past offseason the Patriots parted with LeGarrette Blount http://www.patriotsauthorizedshop.com/authentic-adrian-clayborn-jersey , who led the NFL with 18 regular-season rushing touchdowns in 2016. But he also had turned 30, long considered the age of decline for running backs.

Blount was vocal about his desire to stay in New England, but the Patriots signed Mike Gillislee. Blount took a one-year deal with the Eagles, where he has had a good season and been a leader.

Amendola restructured his contract to remain with New England this season. With Julian Edelman out for the season with a knee injury, Amendola has stepped up, leading the team with 196 yards receiving and two touchdowns in the playoffs.

At 32, he will also enter free agency this summer.

Lewis is in the second year of a two-year deal and becomes an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. Chung, who turns 31 this summer, is signed through 2018.

Chung said he’s always admired Belichick’s no-nonsense approach to football. When reports came out about Belichick possibly considering retirement, Chung joked that his future was linked to that of his coach.

”When he’s done Joseph Noteboom Color Rush Jersey , I’ll be done, too,” Chung said.

Lewis said he will have no regrets if this is in his final season in New England.

”Just being here and learning what it takes to be a champion,” Lewis said. ”I think that’s something I’ll always remember, regardless of what happens. I’ll just cherish my moments here.”

The Patriots gave him – and Amendola and Chung – what they’ve always wanted: an opportunity.

”Nobody’s really given me a chance, and these guys gave me a chance. So that definitely means a lot to me,” Lewis said. ”So I’ll always just remember what I’ve learned here. And hopefully I’ll still be here.”

linzhihong18

Maple Leafs: Host Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Postby linzhihong18 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 am

Another series Alex McGough Color Rush Jersey , another opponent sitting at the top of its division.

That’s the scenario for the St. Louis Cardinals this weekend as they welcome the Atlanta Braves, who lead the National League East, for a three-game series at Busch Stadium starting Friday.

And Atlanta (45-34) will be a stronger team offensively for the series. Prized rookie outfielder Ronald Acuna will be activated off the 10-day disabled list for Friday night’s game and should slot right into the lineup.

The 21-year-old Acuna, who missed a month with a right knee injury suffered on May 27 in Boston, hit .265 with five homers and 13 RBIs in his first 117 big league at-bats. Acuna recorded a solid .779 OPS, although his 10 walks and 37 strikeouts suggests he needs to gain a bit more control of the strike zone.

Acuna’s return at least tempers worries about the status of center fielder Ender Inciarte, who left Wednesday’s 6-5 loss to Cincinnati when he felt discomfort near his left oblique. Should Inciarte have to miss any time, Acuna could bat near the top of the lineup.

The Braves missed a chance to extend their division lead during a six-game homestand against two last-place teams. They lost two of three to Baltimore, which has the worst record in baseball B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , and dropped two of three to Cincinnati, which isn’t playing like a last-place team at the moment with nine wins in 10 games.

“We didn’t play up to our capabilities 100 percent,” Atlanta starting pitcher Sean Newcomb said to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “You’re not going to every day. I know we’re going to come back out at St. Louis and be pretty strong, pitching and offensively.”

The Braves will have to be strong to deal with Cardinals right-hander Miles Mikolas (8-2, 2.69 ERA), who has been one of baseball’s best free-agent finds this year. Signed after three successful years in Japan, Mikolas has put together an All-Star resume with St. Louis.

He is coming off a 3-2 win Saturday in Milwaukee, giving up only three hits and two runs to the NL Central leaders in a 6 2/3-inning effort. Mikolas walked two and fanned five, giving him 71 strikeouts and just 12 walks in 97 innings.

Mikolas has faced Atlanta just once in his career Cheap Lamar Jackson Jersey , throwing two shutout innings in relief six years ago when he pitched for San Diego.

Julio Teheran (5-5, 4.52) will continue a season-long search for consistency as he starts for the Braves. After tossing six no-hit innings on June 17 in a win over San Diego, Teheran was belted around Saturday for seven runs on six hits in 4 2/3 innings of a 7-5 loss to Baltimore.

The veteran right-hander has made five career starts against the Cardinals, going 1-3 with a 3.86 earned run average. Two players who have hurt him are Matt Carpenter, who is 6-for-12 with two homers, and Marcell Ozuna, who is batting .405 with three homers in 42 career at-bats against Teheran.

St. Louis (42-37) had a four-game winning streak snapped Wednesday with a 5-1 loss to Cleveland.

With the score tied late in the third period, Auston Matthews saw an opening and got himself in position. And when he got the puck from William Nylander, he was able to knock in the winning goal.

Matthews deflected Nylander’s pass in front with just under four minutes remaining to lift the playoff-bound Toronto Maple Leafs to a 5-4 victory over the New York Islanders on Friday night.

”Very good forecheck by (Zach) Hyman to free the puck up and I was able to sneak in there backdoor Sampo Ranta Blackhawks Jersey ,” Matthews said. ”It was good for (Nylander) to see that play and make it, so great for both those guys to create space, get the puck and I just tapped it.”

It was Matthews’ 31st goal of the season and broke the fourth tie of the game.

”A good two points for us,” he said. ”Probably not a fun game for coaches but more a fun game for the players.”

Mitch Marner and Nazem Kadri each had a goal and an assist, and Nikita Zaitsev and James van Riemsdyk also scored for Toronto. Frederik Andersen stopped 29 shots to help the Maple Leafs win for the eighth time in 10 games and extend a franchise record with their 47th win.

Toronto, which clinched a postseason berth when Florida lost in overtime at Ottawa on Thursday night, is all but locked into third place in the Atlantic Division.

”It’s nice that we’ve clinched and now we just want to get ready and focused for the playoffs,” Nylander said.

Anthony Beauvillier had a goal and an assist, and Johnny Boychuk http://www.ramsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-brian-allen-jersey , Brock Nelson and John Tavares also scored for the Islanders, who lost for the 15th time in 18 games (3-11-4). Jordan Eberle had two assists and Christopher Gibson finished with 27 saves.

”It was a good hockey game,” Islanders coach Doug Weight said. ”It was exciting and really, for a 5-4 game it was pretty well-played. … Yeah, a little bit of puck luck would be nice. It was a heck of a game. Guys battled but just fell short.”

Van Riemsdyk gave the Maple Leafs their first lead of the game – at 4-3 – as he put in the rebound for his 36th at 2:01 of the third.

Tavares tied it for the fourth time as he beat Andersen from the right doorstep for his 34th at 6:28. Tavares now has 80 points, reaching that number for the first time since he had 86 in 2014-15.

”We didn’t want the puck in our net as much as it was tonight,” Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. ”That’s the way it went and we just had to find a way to keep grinding.”

Trailing 2-1 after one period, the Maple Leafs tied the score at 7:52 of the second as Zaitsev’s pass deflected off Islanders forward Mathew Barzal’s stick and past Gibson for the defenseman’s fifth.

Nelson put New York back in front on an odd-man rush as he got a pass across the slot from Andrew Ladd and beat Andersen from the right faceoff dot for his 19th with 9:15 left.

Marner then tied it again as he deflected Jake Gardiner’s shot in front for his 22nd with 2:42 to go in the second.

Beauvillier got the Islanders on the scoreboard with just under eight minutes remaining in the first. Eberle got the puck near the left side of the goal, skated to the corner and sent a pass in front to Beauvillier Jordan Whitehead Color Rush Jersey , who put it past Andersen for his 18th. The goal withstood a Maple Leafs challenge for goalie interference.

Toronto tied it with 3:38 left, just 7 seconds after Anders Lee was whistled for slashing, as Kadri tipped the puck out of the air in front off a pass from Marner for his 31st.

Boychuk put the Islanders back in front on a power play with 1:26 to go in the opening period as he got a pass from Beauvillier near the blue line and sent a one-timer through traffic past Andersen for his sixth.

NOTES: Marner has five goals and 11 assists during his points streak. … Kadri has eight goals and nine points in his last 12 games. … The Maple Leafs swept the three-game season series. … Zaitsev’s goal marked the fourth straight game an Islanders player deflected the puck into his own net. Adam Pelech did it Saturday against the Blackhawks, and Brandon Davidson in each of the last two – against Florida on Monday and at Ottawa on Tuesday. … Lee had an assist on Tavares’ goal, giving him a career-high 22 this season. He also has career highs with 39 goals and 61 points.

UP NEXT

Maple Leafs: Host Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Islanders: At New Jersey on Saturday night.

Follow Vin Cherwoo at .
linzhihong18

Another explanation was an unusually

Postby linzhihong18 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 am

Whenever the Cubs come to town Taven Bryan Jaguars Jersey , their fans fill the stands at Great American Ball Park and their offense usually carries the day. Not so for the last two.

Eugenio Suarez hit a go-ahead homer off Jose Quintana in the fifth inning, and the Cincinnati Reds held on for their fifth straight victory Friday night, 6-3 over the Cubs .

The Reds have won the first two games in the four-game set, a recent rarity in the rivalry. It’s only the second time in the last two years that they’ve won back-to-back games in a series against Chicago. The Cubs are 43-21 against the Reds over the last four seasons.

Cincinnati’s winning streak is one shy of its season high. The Reds are last in the NL Central at 30-45.

”We’re playing really good baseball right now,” Suarez said . ”When you play like that, good things can happen.”

Suarez’s two-run shot in the fifth inning off Quintana (6-6) gave him a team-high 16 homers and put the Reds ahead 4-3. Billy Hamilton and Joey Votto also singled home runs off Quintana, who had allowed only six earned runs in his last four starts combined.

Quintana hung a changeup on his second pitch to Suarez, who has four homers in his last six games.

”I just missed my spot – a bad pitch Carlton Davis Youth Jersey ,” Quintana said through a translator. ”A bad time to have that happen.”

Suarez also singled twice and extended his hitting streak to a career-high 12 games, the longest by a Reds third baseman since Todd Frazier hit in 14 straight in 2014.

Javier Baez drove in a run with a bunt single off Luis Castillo (5-8), and Kyle Schwarber followed with a two-run homer, his third in four games. Castillo went 5 2/3 innings for his first victory since May 24, ending a streak of four straight losses.

Raisel Iglesias retired the side in the ninth for his 12th save in 14 chances.

”That was one of our cleaner ballgames of the season,” interim manager Jim Riggleman said. ”We played a good ballgame – offensively, defensively, ran the bases well John Ross Jersey , timely hitting.”

Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo went a combined 0 for 8 with three strikeouts as Chicago’s offense struggled again, managing only four hits.

”We’ve played maybe two of our least-impressive games in a month,” manager Joe Maddon said. ”It’s just not been us playing our typical game.”

DUENSING BACK

Left-handed reliever Brian Duensing was activated off the bereavement list before the game. He had been gone for four days to attend his grandfather’s funeral. The Cubs optioned right-hander Justin Hancock to Triple-A Iowa.

GREAT GRAB

Cubs reliever Justin Wilson made a diving grab of Jesse Winker’s bunt in the seventh, landing on his chest while stretching for the ball. He was shaken up for a moment but stayed in the game.

STATS

Each of Schwarber’s last three hits has been a home run. Schwarber grew up in nearby Middletown and attended Reds games at Great American. He’s batted .318 in 30 career games against the Reds with nine homers and 25 RBIs.

TOP PICK, FIRST PITCH

Bengals center Billy Price threw a ceremonial pitch pregame, bouncing it to the plate. Price was the Bengals’ top pick in the draft.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Cubs: Yu Darvish could begin a rehab assignment next week. He threw 50 pitches in a simulated game without problem on Wednesday. Darvish has been sidelined since May 23 because of tendinitis in his right triceps.

Reds: Homer Bailey will make a rehab start for Triple-A Louisville on Saturday, throwing between 75 and 90 pitches. Bailey has been sidelined since June 2 with a sore right knee. He’s 1-7 with a 6.68 ERA.

UP NEXT

Cubs: Luke Farrell (2-2) will make his first start of the season after a dozen relief appearances.

Reds: Anthony DeSclafani makes his fourth start. He was sidelined for the first two months with a strained oblique suffered during spring training. DeSclafani is 2-1 with a 4.60 ERA.

Luka Doncic didn’t get compared to Larry Bird when he was introduced a day after the Dallas Mavericks traded up to get the third overall pick in the NBA draft.

For president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson, that’s progress based on his last experience of getting a tender-aged European in hopes of lifting the Mavericks out of the doldrums.

Twenty years later Taven Bryan Jersey , Dirk Nowitzki is the highest-scoring foreign-born player in league history. Back then, the big German wasn’t remotely comparable to Larry Legend – and his rough first two years proved it.

So ask Nelson about a player the Mavericks clearly coveted heading into the draft in Doncic, and he’ll choose his words carefully regarding the 19-year-old from Slovenia. Doncic won’t turn 20 until after the All-Star break of his rookie season, which is expected to be Nowitzki’s record 21st with one franchise.

”Dirk and I had a long talk coming in,” Nelson said about the player Dallas drafted days after his 20th birthday in 1998.

”We’re obviously very excited to have (Doncic) but he’s got a very tough road ahead of him. Dirk wasn’t done any favors in his first two years. We are going to steer away from any of those comparisons. Luka is his own guy. He’s got his own challenges.”

Coach Rick Carlisle dropped a few international names in trying to describe the versatility Dallas thinks is offered by the 6-foot-7 Doncic, who won Euroleague MVP and Final Four MVP honors while helping Real Madrid win the title just days before the draft.

After offering comparisons to the late Drazen Petrovic, three-time champion Toni Kukoc and longtime San Antonio star Manu Ginobili, Carlisle stopped.

”I really feel it’s important that we shouldn’t try to compare this guy to anybody Frank Ragnow Jersey ,” Carlisle said Friday during an introductory news conference that included Doncic and second-round pick Jalen Brunson, who won two NCAA titles in three years at Villanova. ”Let him be himself. Let his game takes its own form.”

Doncic figures to shape the future of the Mavericks in some form with Dallas coming off consecutive losing seasons for the first time since the second of Nowitzki’s two difficult years at the start of his career.

Those 1990s-era Mavericks had 10 straight losing seasons. Combine the drafting of Doncic with last year’s ninth overall pick in point guard Dennis Smith Jr. and a still-young leading scorer in Harrison Barnes, and Carlisle expects the losing to stop soon, if not this coming season.

”Last night was symbolic to me that it was kind of a defining moment in this rebuild,” said Carlisle, who had just one losing season as a coach before the current Dallas slide. ”We’re going propel forward with the idea that we’ve got to start winning games.”

Just as he did last year with Smith, Carlisle is declaring Doncic a starter, which means the opening night lineup will have a teenager for the second straight year. Youth partly explains a two-year record of 57-107 Billy Price Bengals Jersey , including the 24-58 mark last season that landed Dallas the fifth pick before the draft-night trade with Atlanta on Thursday.

Another explanation was an unusually large number of undrafted players, including a young German in Maxi Kleber who grew up watching his countryman become the 2007 MVP and 2011 NBA Finals MVP.

The Mavericks haven’t won a playoff series since taking their only title in 2011, and have missed the postseason three of the past six seasons coming off a 12-year playoff streak. Doncic might only get one chance to get Dallas back on track with Nowitzki, the 13-time All-Star who has hinted that 40 is a nice round number as a retirement age.

If this is it for Nowitzki, Nelson sees a trio in Barnes, Smith and Doncic that reminds him of Michael Finley mentoring Nowitzki and point guard Steve Nash and helping the Mavericks end a 10-year playoff drought in 2001.

”Michael Finley was our Harrison Barnes back in the day,” Nelson said. ”We feel like we’ve got that here in a different form. There’s just some really cool elements to this that take me back and remind me about what it was like 20 years ago when we were watching these young guys.”

Just don’t remind Nelson about the Nowitzki-Bird comparisons.

Return to “[THUG] Thug Life Bitches”