Authentic Roquan Smith Jersey

[THUG] Thug Life Bitches board
linzhihong18

Henry was Benson's personal assistant

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:42 am

Arizona’s offense James Washington Color Rush Jersey , so awful in May, is on a scoring binge in June – and Jon Jay joined the party Tuesday night.

Jay got his first three hits for Arizona, including a three-run homer, and the Diamondbacks won their fifth game in a row with a sloppy 13-8 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.

”I can’t stress enough how good this group is and how they’ve welcomed me and made me feel super comfortable,” he said. ”I’m super excited and looking forward to the summer.”

Jay, acquired Thursday in a trade with Kansas City, was hitless in 12 at-bats for the Diamondbacks before his leadoff single in Arizona’s six-run first inning. His opposite-field homer in the eighth broke the game open after the Pirates had rallied from an 8-0 deficit to trail 10-8.

”That was a pretty decisive blow in the game,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said.

Starling Marte hit a three-run homer, doubled and made a diving grab in center field for the Pirates.

Fernando Salas (4-4) gave up a run in 1 1/3 innings and got the win.

Nine of the runs in the game were unearned.

The Diamondbacks have scored 51 runs in the last five games. They’ve won 11 of 14 and lead the NL West by three games over the surging Los Angeles Dodgers.

”It’s hard to believe,” Lovullo said. ”You go through a May the way we did, I don’t know how many runs we scored the entire month. It wasn’t a lot.”

The Pirates have lost six of eight and fell to 1-4 on a six-game trip that ends Wednesday afternoon with the series finale in the desert.

Arizona jumped on Trevor Williams (5-4) in the first with six runs Youth Lorenzo Carter Jersey , two on Ketel Marte’s seventh triple of the season. Five runs were unearned thanks to three Pirates errors, two on one play.

”We’ve got work to do,” manager Clint Hurdle said of his infield defense. ”We are not playing at the level we are capable of playing.”

The Diamondbacks added a pair of runs in the third, one on David Peralta’s RBI triple, to lead 8-0.

But the Pirates countered with an unearned barrage of their own in a six-run fourth.

A catcher’s interference call against John Ryan Murphy loaded the bases and Clay Buchholz hit Jordy Mercer with a pitch to bring in Pittsburgh’s first run. Buchholz walked pinch-hitter Sean Rodriguez to bring in another. Josh Harrison followed with a sacrifice fly before Marte homered just over the right-field fence to cut what once was an eight-run Arizona lead to 8-6.

Because of Murphy’s error, the last four of the six runs were unearned.

Josh Bell’s RBI double, his third hit of the night, trimmed Arizona’s advantage to 10-8 in the seventh.

”A couple tough bounces their way and it got out of hand in that first inning,” said Williams, who allowed eight runs – only three earned – in three innings. ”It was good for us to fight back and it is awesome that the team showed that fight. I am disappointed in myself that it was out of reach in that first inning and let the team down that way.”

TOUGH START

The first inning was an ugly one for Pittsburgh.

With runners at first and second and no outs, Bell fielded Jake Lamb’s grounder to first base and spiked a throw to second Youth Carlton Davis Jersey , with the ball bouncing into the outfield.

Marte’s two-out triple brought in two more runs, and Jarrod Dyson was intentionally walked to bring up Buchholz. Williams made a pickoff move to first, threw wildly and Marte scored. The speedy Dyson headed for third and second baseman Harrison threw the ball away, allowing the runner to score.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Pirates: Harrison was back in the lineup after being hit by a pitch in the shoulder Monday night. The Pirates had said after that game that Harrison would be day to day.

Diamondbacks: RHP Braden Shipley took a line drive to the ribs in the ninth but stayed in the game to get the final out. … LHP Robbie Ray (strained right oblique) is to make his first rehab start Thursday for Class A Visalia. … RHP Shelby Miller (Tommy John surgery) makes his fourth rehab start, for Class A Visalia, on Saturday.

UP NEXT

Arizona, going for its second consecutive three-game sweep, sends RHP Zack Greinke (5-4, 3.53 ERA) to the mound on Wednesday. The Pirates counter with RHP Jameson Taillon (3-5, 4.08). Greinke is 16-1 with a 2.53 ERA in his last 25 starts at Chase Field.

The New Orleans Saints have been ordered by an NFL arbitrator to pay more than $384,000 to a fired personal assistant to late team owner Tom Benson.

Documents obtained by The Associated Press show that the Saints were ordered to pay Rodney Henry $100 Joe Montana Jersey Limited ,000 plus interest for unpaid overtime and $94,300 plus for the violation of a clause in his employment contract stating he was entitled to a termination fee if anyone other than Benson himself fired Henry.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson also ordered the Saints to pay Henry's attorneys' fees of $190,000.

The Advocate newspaper first reported the ruling.

Henry's initial lawsuit in November 2015 accused the Saints not only of failing to pay overtime, but also of firing him for complaining that Benson's wife, Gayle, made racially insensitive comments about him. Henry, who is black, has not been awarded any damages for claims of racism.

Before the matter was referred to arbitration, which is not public, the Saints denied all allegations. In a written statement in January 2016, the Saints said Tom and Gayle Benson Walter Payton Jersey Youth , who are white, considered Henry "part of their family," and were disappointed by his allegations of discrimination.

Gayle Benson is now the sole owner of the Saints and NBA's Pelicans, having inherited the clubs after her husband's death last March.

Henry was Benson's personal assistant dating back to the 1990s, serving in that role during two stints spanning close to 25 years.

The Saints could chose to appeal Henderson's ruling in federal court, but have not announced any intention to do so.

AP NFL website: ://pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: ://AP_NFL

linzhihong18

With two outs in the sixth and Eaton on second base

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:50 am

Landry Jones James Daniels Jersey Bears , Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph can do the math.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have four quarterbacks in training camp. They'll carry three at most into the regular season.

Translation: one of them will be out of a job when rosters are trimmed to 53 on Sept 1. The goal over the next three weeks for all three of Ben Roethlisberger's backups is to make coach Mike Tomlin's decision on which one to let go as tough as possible.

So far, so good.

Jones and Dobbs each threw for touchdowns in Pittsburgh's preseason-opening victory over Philadelphia on Thursday night while Rudolph kept the offense moving throughout the second half.

Tomlin praised their respective play, noting they accounted for just one turnover 鈥?Dobbs' interception 鈥?and overall efficiency after combining to complete 20 of 29 passes for 252 yards and the two scores.

"Largely they did a good job of taking care of the ball, and that's important," Tomlin said.

"The communication, and getting people lined up 鈥?I think maybe we only burned one timeout during the course of the game. So those are some of the things that you look for, first time out particularly when you're talking about young quarterbacks in conjunction with other young people. And I thought they represented themselves well."

Rudolph, a third-round pick in April, played the entire second half and while he spent a portion of it scrambling for safety behind an offensive line littered with third-stringers.

He lost a fumble that was recovered by a teammate 鈥?ball security has been an issue during camp 鈥?but also showcased what he can do when he hit former Oklahoma State teammate James Washington for a 35-yard gain on a free play after one of the Eagles jumped offside.

Rudolph, who finished 7 of 12 for 101 yards and led the offense to three Chris Boswell field goals Bradley Chubb Color Rush Jersey , figures he should probably make looking for his longtime friend a priority going forward.

"I think throwing it to (James Washington) a little bit more could help," Rudolph said.

"I still had a lot of clean plays, checked it down when I needed to, push the ball down the field. I think our offensive line did a great job all night opening up lanes for our young backs. I believe I had a great experience."

Like Rudolph, Jones used a hard count to get a Philadelphia player to jump offside. While Rudolph turned it into a long gain, Jones turned his into a 72-yard touchdown to JuJu Smith-Schuster.

"That cadence is a weapon for us," Tomlin said. "We've done it for a number of years now. It's good to see the young guys do it."

Dobbs hadn't taken a snap in a game since the end of the 2017 preseason and likely needs to put together something special during camp to convince the Steelers to keep him. He rebounded from the interception by leading a near-perfect two-minute drill at the end of the first half. Dobbs completed 6 of 9 passes in taking the Steelers 75 yards, the last 29 coming when he stepped up in the pocket and threw a dart in the end zone to a leaping Damoun Patterson.

"Obviously, when you get to get more snaps with the football, the comfort level increases M.J. Stewart Color Rush Jersey , so you're able to go out there and just play football rather than thinking so much," Dobbs said. "So it definitely felt good to get out there."

The Steelers also got out of the game relatively injury free. Offensive lineman B.J. Finney 鈥?filling in while veteran Ramon Foster recovers from a hyperextended right knee 鈥?is dealing with a quad contusion.

Other than that, the AFC North favorites head into their final full week at Saint Vincent College healthy and eager to take another step forward next Thursday in Green Bay and with no real clarity yet in the derby behind Roethlisberger.

Considering the way all three reserves did in Philadelphia, there are worse problems to have.

Nationals manager Dave Martinez acknowledged he was looking for someone who could end the game with one swing in the ninth inning Friday night.

He chose the right guy.

Pinch-hitter Mark Reynolds led off the bottom of the ninth with a home run that lifted the Nationals past the Miami Marlins 3-2.

”Thought about pinch-hitting Michael (A. Taylor). He gets on, he can steal, but then what?” Martinez said. ”So I said, `Hey, we need somebody who can hit a home run right now and Mark is the perfect guy.”’

Kyle Barraclough (0-3) fell behind Reynolds in the count 3-0. Reynolds, who is 7 for his last 18 after struggling for most of June, fouled off a pitch. The Nationals slugger then sent a fastball into the visitors’ bullpen in left-center for his eighth home run.

”If I’m up there and it’s 0-2 Pedro Martinez Jersey , I’m obviously not looking to turn on something,” he said. ”I knew 3-0 I was going to take a hack and then (he) pretty much threw the same pitch 3-1 and I kind of got my timing a little bit.”

Four Nationals relievers combined to allow only a hit and a walk over the final four innings. Sean Doolittle (3-2) pitched the ninth for the win as Washington defeated Miami for the 13th consecutive game dating to last season.

The Nationals loaded the bases with no outs in the eighth, but failed to score.

Unlike Thursday night when Washington overcame a 9-0 deficit for a 14-12 win, big hits were harder to come by as the teams stranded 17 baserunners.

Miami starter Dan Straily lasted six innings, allowing two runs on five hits.

Gio Gonzalez threw 114 pitches over five innings and gave up eight hits and four walks. He was bailed out by three double plays and struck out Justin Bour and Garrett Cooper with the bases loaded in the fifth after walking in the tying run.

”I thought our offense did a pretty good job with Gio,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”We just didn’t really capitalize. . Didn’t get anything in the fourth and one in the fifth with chances to do more damage and didn’t do anything right there. I thought that was kind of the turning point for us.”

The Nationals took a 2-1 lead in the fourth on RBI singles by Adam Eaton and Wilmer Difo.

WALKING OFF

It was Reynolds’ second career walk-off home run, and first since July 26, 2016, vs. Arizona as a member of the Colorado Rockies. It was Washington’s first walk-off home run of the season.

FULL EXTENSION

With two outs in the sixth and Eaton on second base, Difo hit a shot to right-center. Center fielder Cameron Maybin raced to his left and made a diving catch to preserve a 2-2 tie. ”Unreal Ezekiel Elliott Jersey ,” Straily said. ”I saw my reaction and it was one of those things where I was upset at myself for giving up a double in the gap there and all the sudden he lays out and catches it.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Marlins: Cooper (right wrist contusion) was activated from the 60-day disabled list. Miami optioned LHP Dillon Peters (2-2, 7.16 ERA) to Triple-A New Orleans to make room on the roster.

Nationals: Martinez said RHP Stephen Strasburg (right shoulder inflammation) ”looked real good” throwing a simulated game Friday and could possibly go out on a rehab assignment Tuesday. … C Matt Wieters (left hamstring strain) will likely play a rehab game at Double-A Harrisburg on Saturday. … RHP Joe Ross (elbow surgery) threw a simulated game Friday and hopes to rejoin the team in September. … Martinez said the team ”bleached” the clubhouse due to an illness that has affected a few players.

UP NEXT

Marlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (2-5, 5.55) has a 9.85 ERA in seven road starts this season. Against Washington, he’s 1-5 with a 4.15 ERA over nine career appearances.

Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (10-5, 2.16) looks for his first win since June 5. He’s 8-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 15 starts versus the Marlins.

linzhihong18

Kelly had surgery to have cancer removed

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:00 am

鈥?The NFL is committing $90 million over the next seven years to social justice causes in a three-segment plan that involves league players.In a memo sent to the 32 teams on Friday and obtained by The Associated Press Troy Niklas Color Rush Jersey , the league unveiled what it calls a new and expanded program of community improvement. The NFL Foundation is putting a $3 million grant into the program.Each NFL team will contribute to the plan, much of which will be funded through “cause related events and consumer products sales, auctions and other promotional sources.” as well as contributions from clubs.In a separate memo, Anna Isaacson, the league’s vice president for social responsibility, provided details of the program. She noted financial commitments, use of government resources, and promoting community endeavors by the players.The new initiative comes in response to player demonstrations staged during the national anthem to raise awareness for social issues such as racial inequality. The protests include kneeling during the anthem Cheap Ronald Jones II Jersey , an act that has drawn steady criticism from President Donald Trump.“Social justice may mean different things to different people and organizations,” Isaacson wrote. “The NFL’s work will encompass programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a priority on supporting improvements in education, community/police relations and our criminal justice system. Additional focus areas include poverty, racial equality and workforce development.”NFL owners and executives met with players, who formed a Players Coalition, in October during the league’s fall meetings in New York. There also were extensive phone conversations, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said.Earlier this week Buccaneers Elite Jerseys , San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid said he left the coalition because founder Malcolm Jenkins of the Philadelphia Eagles excluded Colin Kaepernick from meetings, and asked players if they would stop protesting the anthem if the NFL made a charitable donation to causes they support.Kaepernick, of course, began the kneeling demonstrations in the 2016 preseason, and Reid was the first player to join the protests. Kaepernick was not signed by any team this year as a free agent.Isaacson said in her memo that “a more thorough presentation on plans for the 2018 season, including locally focused initiatives based on joint actions of clubs and their players” will be presented at the annual league meetings in March. Players don’t usually attend those meetings, but are likely to be invited for portion of them in Orlando.Trump has made many complaints about NFL players who kneel during the national anthem. While the players have noted they kneel to protest racism and police brutality, particularly toward people of color http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-uchenna-nwosu-jersey , Trump has called the act disrespectful.Recently, the president tweeted: “The American public is fed up with the disrespect the NFL is paying to our Country, our Flag and our National Anthem. Weak and out of control!”Trump has branded the league as “weak” for not requiring players to stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner.”The players say such reactions misconstrue the message. Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will receive ESPN's Jimmy V Award for the toughness and perseverance he's displayed during his ongoing battle with oral cancer.

ESPN officially announced the honor Monday, a few hours after Kelly first revealed the news while attending his charitable foundation's 32nd golf tournament outside of Buffalo. Kelly will be honored during the network's ESPY Awards on July 18.

The award is named for late North Carolina State men's basketball coach Jimmy Valvano, who gave an inspirational speech at the ESPYs in 1993 less than two months before he died of cancer. Valvano most notably led the Wolfpack on an improbable run to win the 1983 NCAA Tournament championship.

Kelly had surgery to have cancer removed from his jaw in March after tests revealed a recurrence. The 58-year-old Kelly was initially diagnosed five years ago with skin cancer and had been cancer free since September 2014.

Kelly is still unable to eat solid foods. He is scheduled to have an operation on June 21, when doctors plan to add tissue to the upper portion of his mouth. He is then scheduled to have permanent dentures inserted during another procedure in September.

Kelly said he's honored to receive the award, before joking that "the only bad thing about it is you have to go through a lot to get it."

Difficult as it has been for him, Kelly leans on his faith and says he continues to battle to help inspire others who have cancer.

"The good Lord has put me in this situation to help not only the people out there who are suffering from cancer Billy Price Jersey , but little kids, too, who are going through tough times to never give up, to keep fighting, because you never know," Kelly said.

linzhihong18

Australia coach Andrej Lemanis

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 am

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges stemming from allegations that he attacked his then-girlfriend in their home in February.

A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for May 17 http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-allen-jersey , at which point Foster’s former girlfriend, Elissa Ennis, may testify under oath.

Ennis has recanted the allegations that led to the domestic violence case. Foster has been charged with domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily injury, forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime, and possession of an assault weapon.

The 28-year-old woman initially told police that Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of their house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times. She later issued a statement through her attorney saying her injuries were the result of a fight with another woman.

Prosecutor Jim Dermertzis has said the district attorney’s office will continue to prosecute the case against Foster even if Ennis does not cooperate with the investigation.

If convicted of all charges Carlton Davis Color Rush Jersey , Foster could face up to 11 years in prison. Foster remains a member of the 49ers although the team hasn’t allowed him to participate in the offseason program while his case is ongoing.

Australia assistant coach and former NBA star Luc Longley has accused Philippines coach Chot Reyes of inciting the violence that marred a World Cup qualifying match between the teams on Monday.

The former Chicago Bulls player described the bench-clearing brawl which saw 13 players, including four Australians, ejected from the match as the worst thing he had seen on a basketball court.

Longley, who has been praised for his efforts to protect Australian player Chris Goulding from a large group of Philippines players, said Reyes had called on his players during a time out to ”hit somebody, put somebody on their …”

Reyes has defended the comments, which were picked up by television microphones Jason McCourty Jersey Patriots , as a routine instruction to his players to foul on fast breaks.

Speaking to media on Wednesday, Longley rejected Reyes’ comments and criticized the Philippines players for posing for a group selfie after the brawl had abated. Basketball Australia has sought to limit further comment on the brawl which is being investigated by world governing body FIBA.

But Longley was eager to speak, condemning what he called the ”gangster” behavior of some Philippines players.

”I do believe their coach Chot Reyes incited them to come out and thug us,” Longley said. ”There’s video evidence of that.

”Then he substituted a thug out there who took three or four cheap swings at (Goulding). This is out of the party line but I’m most disturbed with their head coach. I think he was embarrassed by the way his team was playing. I think he was embarrassed by the shape they were in. I think he was embarrassed by how they fought.

”He wouldn’t look me in the eye at the end of the game when I shook his hand. I think he was embarrassed and that’s where a lot of it came from. I’m upset with him more than anybody. To let his team take gangster selfies on the baseline after something like that, that shows a total lack of control and respect.”

Longley said he felt he had no choice but to come off the bench to defend Goulding when he saw the Australian pinned under a pile of Philippines players.

”Those are the sorts of images you hope you never see, one guy lying on the ground covering up his head and being kicked and beaten by the other team, players and officials and guys from the crowd Vinny Curry Jersey Buccaneers ,” he said. ”It was horrifying. I wasn’t supposed to come off the bench. It was really disturbing.

”I went onto the court to protect our guys, with the idea of not hurting anyone, just putting my big body in the way.”

Basketball Australia was expected to make Goulding available to speak to reporters Wednesday but withdrew him, saying he would speak ”at a better time.”

Australian veteran Daniel Kickert who was seen to elbow a Philippines player in response to a foul on Goulding before the brawl erupted, described the violence as ”regrettable.”

”I was put in a position where I made an action that was unfortunate,” he said. ”I think I overstepped a little bit in my response to the escalation in the game.

”I’m going to let FIBA do everything they need to do and come to the answers they see fit.”

Australia coach Andrej Lemanis said he feared the brawl would make it more difficult to call on Australian NBA players for international duty.

NBA teams are often reluctant to release players as it is for the two FIBA windows, in June-July and September Luis Tiant Jersey , that fall in the league’s off-season.

Two current NBA players, Milwaukee Bucks pair Thon Maker and Matthew Dellavadova, were on Australia’s roster for the match. Maker is facing a possible FIBA suspension after he attempted numerous fly-kicks on Filipino opponents.

”Obviously that’s one of the concerns … what it means generally in terms of players willingness to participate and put their hand up,” Lemanis said.

”We’ll see. Hopefully there’s good learnings out of this for everybody in terms of the safety and security required around the game.”

linzhihong18

Australia coach Andrej Lemanis

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 am

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges stemming from allegations that he attacked his then-girlfriend in their home in February.

A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for May 17 http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-allen-jersey , at which point Foster’s former girlfriend, Elissa Ennis, may testify under oath.

Ennis has recanted the allegations that led to the domestic violence case. Foster has been charged with domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily injury, forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime, and possession of an assault weapon.

The 28-year-old woman initially told police that Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of their house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times. She later issued a statement through her attorney saying her injuries were the result of a fight with another woman.

Prosecutor Jim Dermertzis has said the district attorney’s office will continue to prosecute the case against Foster even if Ennis does not cooperate with the investigation.

If convicted of all charges Carlton Davis Color Rush Jersey , Foster could face up to 11 years in prison. Foster remains a member of the 49ers although the team hasn’t allowed him to participate in the offseason program while his case is ongoing.

Australia assistant coach and former NBA star Luc Longley has accused Philippines coach Chot Reyes of inciting the violence that marred a World Cup qualifying match between the teams on Monday.

The former Chicago Bulls player described the bench-clearing brawl which saw 13 players, including four Australians, ejected from the match as the worst thing he had seen on a basketball court.

Longley, who has been praised for his efforts to protect Australian player Chris Goulding from a large group of Philippines players, said Reyes had called on his players during a time out to ”hit somebody, put somebody on their …”

Reyes has defended the comments, which were picked up by television microphones Jason McCourty Jersey Patriots , as a routine instruction to his players to foul on fast breaks.

Speaking to media on Wednesday, Longley rejected Reyes’ comments and criticized the Philippines players for posing for a group selfie after the brawl had abated. Basketball Australia has sought to limit further comment on the brawl which is being investigated by world governing body FIBA.

But Longley was eager to speak, condemning what he called the ”gangster” behavior of some Philippines players.

”I do believe their coach Chot Reyes incited them to come out and thug us,” Longley said. ”There’s video evidence of that.

”Then he substituted a thug out there who took three or four cheap swings at (Goulding). This is out of the party line but I’m most disturbed with their head coach. I think he was embarrassed by the way his team was playing. I think he was embarrassed by the shape they were in. I think he was embarrassed by how they fought.

”He wouldn’t look me in the eye at the end of the game when I shook his hand. I think he was embarrassed and that’s where a lot of it came from. I’m upset with him more than anybody. To let his team take gangster selfies on the baseline after something like that, that shows a total lack of control and respect.”

Longley said he felt he had no choice but to come off the bench to defend Goulding when he saw the Australian pinned under a pile of Philippines players.

”Those are the sorts of images you hope you never see, one guy lying on the ground covering up his head and being kicked and beaten by the other team, players and officials and guys from the crowd Vinny Curry Jersey Buccaneers ,” he said. ”It was horrifying. I wasn’t supposed to come off the bench. It was really disturbing.

”I went onto the court to protect our guys, with the idea of not hurting anyone, just putting my big body in the way.”

Basketball Australia was expected to make Goulding available to speak to reporters Wednesday but withdrew him, saying he would speak ”at a better time.”

Australian veteran Daniel Kickert who was seen to elbow a Philippines player in response to a foul on Goulding before the brawl erupted, described the violence as ”regrettable.”

”I was put in a position where I made an action that was unfortunate,” he said. ”I think I overstepped a little bit in my response to the escalation in the game.

”I’m going to let FIBA do everything they need to do and come to the answers they see fit.”

Australia coach Andrej Lemanis said he feared the brawl would make it more difficult to call on Australian NBA players for international duty.

NBA teams are often reluctant to release players as it is for the two FIBA windows, in June-July and September Luis Tiant Jersey , that fall in the league’s off-season.

Two current NBA players, Milwaukee Bucks pair Thon Maker and Matthew Dellavadova, were on Australia’s roster for the match. Maker is facing a possible FIBA suspension after he attempted numerous fly-kicks on Filipino opponents.

”Obviously that’s one of the concerns … what it means generally in terms of players willingness to participate and put their hand up,” Lemanis said.

”We’ll see. Hopefully there’s good learnings out of this for everybody in terms of the safety and security required around the game.”

linzhihong18

Luhnow is focused on helping the Astros remain

Postby linzhihong18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:27 am

The Miami Dolphins have been saying all offseason that Ryan Tannehill will be their starting quarterback in 2018 Kyzir White Jersey Elite , and the draft didn't change that.

Miami still has used a first-round pick on a QB only once since 1984 鈥?and that was Tannehill six years ago. The Dolphins didn't add a QB with any of their other seven draft choices this week, either.

"As always in the draft, a couple of guys went before we picked," general manager Chris Grier said Saturday. "There were some players that we liked, but we weren't going to reach for any player."

With no rookie QB, veterans Brock Osweiler and David Fales will compete for the backup role. The job could be vital because Tannehill has suffered two major left knee injuries in the past 18 months and missed all of last season.

He's expected to be ready for offseason drills, but doubts linger about his durability 鈥?and ability. He turns 30 this summer, has a 37-40 record and has never taken a postseason snap.

But the Dolphins are comfortable with their quarterback situation Josh Jackson Packers Jersey , including Osweiler and Fales as backups, executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum said.

"They're young and still have plenty of time to get developed," he said.

Here are things to know about the positions Miami did upgrade in the draft following a 6-10 season:

STOCKING UP

In less than 24 hours, tight end went from a need to one of the deepest positions.

The Dolphins took Mike Gesicki of Penn State in the second round, the highest pick they've used on a tight end since 1974. Then they added Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe in the fourth round.

"Different chess pieces," Grier said.

Smythe is considered the better blocker but had only 28 career receptions in college.

RECORD SETTER

New Miami running back Kalen Ballage tied an FBS record with eight touchdowns in a game for Arizona State against Texas Tech in 2016. That must sound especially good to the Dolphins, who totaled four touchdowns rushing all of last season.

Ballage, the Dolphins' second fourth-round pick Ozzie Albies Atlanta Braves Jersey , provides depth behind starter Kenyan Drake and newly acquired veteran Frank Gore, who turns 35 next month.

In the sixth round, the Dolphins drafted Southern Miss defensive back Cornell Armstrong. They made two seventh-round picks: linebacker Quentin Poling of Ohio and kicker Jason Sanders of New Mexico.

Sanders becomes the front-runner to replace Cody Parkey, who signed with the Chicago Bears.

BIG ENOUGH?

Third-round pick Jerome Baker of Ohio State is an undersized linebacker at 225 pounds, but the Dolphins love his speed and coverage ability. Grier said they weren't in the market for a 250-pounder to line up on the strong side.

"Some of those are like the way of the dinosaur," Grier said.

FUTURE MATCHUP

First-round pick Minkah Fitzpatrick , an All-America safety from Alabama, gives Miami a timely boost in the back side of the defense. Two AFC East rivals used the opening round to add a quarterback: The Jets took Southern Cal's Sam Darnold with the third pick Mitchell Trubisky Jersey Youth , and the Bills took Wyoming's Josh Allen with the seventh pick.

Miami took Fitzpatrick in the 11th slot.

"For me he was probably one of the top five or six players in the draft," Grier said.

BIG SCHOOLS

This was the third draft together for Grier, Tannenbaum and coach Adam Gase, and they continued a trend of choosing only FBS players.

STILL NEED

The Dolphins didn't draft a defensive tackle to reinforce their rotation after they released five-time Pro Bowl tackle Ndamukong Suh. Jordan Phillips, Davon Godchaux and Vincent Taylor return, and a free agent signing is likely.

"We're very confident we'll keep adding depth to that position," Grier said.

That's also true elsewhere.

"There will be opportunities to improve," Tannenbaum said. "We feel like we're going in the right direction Cheap Customized Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys , but there's still a lot of work to be done."

The Houston Astros have extended the contract of general manager Jeff Luhnow through the 2023 season and added president of baseball operations to his title.

Luhnow, who was hired by the Astros on Dec. 7, 2011, led a remarkable turnaround in Houston, helping the Astros move from a 100-loss team to winning its first World Series last season.

Luhnow is focused on helping the Astros remain contenders for years to come and says: ”While we are proud of what we have accomplished in a short time, we are not done yet.”

The president of baseball operations title was created for Luhnow because owner Jim Crane thought ”that was a title that he deserved and earned.”

Financial terms of the deal weren’t released.

linzhihong18

White Sox: Lucas Giolito

Postby linzhihong18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 am

The Oakland Raiders have agreed to a three-year contract with free agent tight end Derek Carrier.

A person familiar with the deal says the sides agreed on Tuesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because signings can't become official until the start of the new league year on Wednesday. NFL Network first reported the deal.

Carrier originally signed with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2012 but didn't make the team. He has played 50 career games over five seasons with San Francisco Browns Cheap Jerseys , Washington and the Rams. Carrier played for Raiders coach Jon Gruden's brother, Jay, in Washington and his protege, Sean McVay, with the Rams.

Carrier has 36 catches for 327 yards and one TD in his career. He caught eight passes for 71 yards last season.

The Raiders have several major holes they will look to fill in free agency starting this week as they try to rebound from a disappointing six-win season that led to the firing of coach Jack Del Rio and the move to bring Gruden back for a second stint as coach.

The most glaring spots for the Raiders are on defense, where Oakland will be seeking a starting cornerback to pair with last year's first-round pick Gareon Conley. They must also decide whether to bring back middle linebacker NaVorro Bowman as a free agent or find a replacement elsewhere Kareem Martin Color Rush Jersey , and they need to upgrade the pass rush, especially at defensive tackle.

The Raiders also will likely be in the market for a receiver, a possible replacement for released former starting right tackle Marshall Newhouse, and a running back if they decide not to bring Marshawn Lynch back for a second season.

All the Reds needed was one misstep by the White Sox to pull out another comeback win, with Alex Blandino delivering the final hit.

Blandino’s double in the eighth inning completed Cincinnati’s four-run rally for a 5-3 victory Monday night. Chicago returned to Great American Ball Park for the first time since 2009 and let one slip away with the help of a misplay that changed everything.

”If we secure one out either way … ” White Sox manager Rick Renteria said.

The Reds loaded the bases with one out against Chris Volstad (1-5). Adam Duvall grounded to first baseman Matt Davidson, who was indecisive and wound up failing to get an out.

Davidson intended to step on first and then throw home. He took several steps toward the base and changed his plan Bradley Zimmer Cleveland Indians Jersey , throwing to the plate without stepping on first – too late to get Scooter Gennett sprinting in to score.

”I kind of just rushed myself and made a mistake and didn’t touch the base and threw home,” Davidson said. ”I looked up and saw the runner and forgot about touching first. I just messed up there.”

Billy Hamilton followed with a sacrifice fly that tied it at 3, and Blandino’s pinch-hit double put the Reds in position for another comeback win. They’ve trailed in seven of their last 10 victories.

Blandino has learned to pinch-hit this season. He is 7 for 21 off the bench with four RBIs.

”Pinch-hitting is something I’ve been working on since spring training,” he said. ”This is my first time coming off the bench. You’re facing the back end of the bullpen. You just try to stay on their best pitch and battle.”

Dylan Floro (3-2) retired two in the eighth. Raisel Iglesias pitched the ninth for his 16th save in 18 chances.

Until Chicago’s bullpen melted down, James Shields was in position to get his first road win since opening day. Chicago has scored three runs or less behind him in 14 of his last 16 starts.

”We were the ballgame all the way up to the end there,” Shields said. ”Unfortunately Cardinals Mason Cole Jersey , we made a couple mistakes there at the end.”

Scott Schebler connected on Shields’ first pitch of the game, but he allowed only three more hits while going 6 2/3 innings.

The White Sox pulled ahead 2-1 in the seventh when Yoan Moncada doubled home the tying run and came around on Yolmer Sanchez’s single. Avisail Garcia added his fifth homer in the eighth. Garcia extended his hitting streak to a career-high 12 games.

Chicago’s Jose Abreu went 0 for 3, ending his 19-game hitting streak in interleague play – one shy of Paul Konerko’s club record. Abreu fouled a ball off the inside of his left ankle in the sixth inning and left for a pinch hitter in the seventh.

INTERLEAGUE

The White Sox are 3-10 in interleague play this season. The Reds are 7-1 and have won six straight, their best streak in interleague play.

SERIES STUFF

The White Sox have dominated the series with the Reds, going 16-5. They’ve won 10 of the 13 games in Cincinnati.

RIGGLEMAN’S RECORD

The Reds improved to 34-33 under interim manager Jim Riggleman, who took over on April 19 when Bryan Price was fired after a 3-15 start.

ROAD WOES

Shields won Chicago’s season opener at Kansas City and hasn’t won on the road since then Derrius Guice Jersey , largely because of the lack of run support. He’s 1-4 on the road this season.

REDS DEAL

The Reds acquired minor league outfielder Lorenzo Cedrola from the Red Sox in exchange for international signing bonus space.

TRAINER’S ROOM

White Sox: CF Leury Garcia was out of the lineup a day after he left a game with a jammed finger on his left hand. Renteria said Garcia was available to pinch-hit.

Reds: Homer Bailey makes his fourth rehab start for Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday. In three starts, he has allowed 22 hits and 15 earned runs in 16 innings.

UP NEXT

White Sox: Lucas Giolito (5-7) is 2-3 with a 6.81 ERA in his last seven starts. He has allowed five runs or more three times.

Reds: Anthony DeSclafani (3-1) makes his sixth start since returning from a strained oblique. He has never faced the White Sox.

linzhihong18

In 2014, co-owner Jim Buss

Postby linzhihong18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 am

The New Orleans Saints have signed veteran running back Shane Vereen in a move that could help the club respond to Mark Ingram's early season suspension.

Vereen Authentic Customized Eagles Jerseys , whose signing was announced by the club on Wednesday, has served as a runner and receiver with New England and the New York Giants during seven NFL seasons.

He gained 838 yards from scrimmage and scored five touchdowns for the Patriots' 2014 squad that won the Super Bowl.

Last season with the Giants, Vereen rushed for 164 yards and caught 44 passes for 253 yards.

Ingram, who was New Orleans' leading rusher last season, has been suspended four games for use of a banned substance.

The Saints also signed veteran running back Terrance West this summer.

Meanwhile, New Orleans has waived running back Daniel Lasco, who finished last season on injured reserve because of a bulging disk.

Magic Johnson is betting his job on his free-agent recruiting skills for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Johnson declared Monday that he will step down as the Lakers’ president of basketball operations if he can’t persuade an elite free agent to sign with the 16-time NBA champions within the next two summers.

”Next summer Authentic Starlin Castro Jersey , if nobody comes and I’m still sitting here like this, then it’s a failure,” Johnson said after a news conference to introduce draft picks Moe Wagner and Svi Mykhailiuk.

Johnson was put in charge of the Lakers’ front office by owner Jeanie Buss in February 2017, and the former superstar point guard immediately announced his plans to revive the struggling franchise by enticing the game’s best players to join as free agents.

With Paul George and potentially LeBron James headlining the market this summer, Johnson is leading the Lakers’ efforts to land both players this weekend. If they sign elsewhere, Johnson and the Lakers will pursue the large crop of 2019 free agents.

And if he strikes out with every big name, Johnson said he will quit.

”Like I told you when I took the job Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey Cowboys , it’s going to be a two-summer thing for the Lakers,” Johnson said. ”This summer, and next summer, and that’s it. And if I can’t deliver, I’m going to step down myself. She won’t have to fire me. I’ll step away from it. Because then, I can’t do this job. But so far, so good.”

Although the Lakers are mired in the worst five-year stretch in franchise history and haven’t made the playoffs since 2013 Corey Seager Jersey , Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka have been successful in achieving their initial goals since they took over 16 months ago.

They have solidified a decent core of talented young players – Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart – to provide their potential free-agent signees with support. They have made several slick trades and personnel moves to clear enough salary cap room to offer two mammoth free-agent contracts this summer.

Now comes the tough part: Persuading George or James or other big names to move to Hollywood. Johnson said he has no idea whether the Lakers’ pitch will be well-received, but he also feels confident in his task.

”I’m Magic Johnson,” he said with his ubiquitous smile. ”You know how many finals I’ve been in? So you think I’m worried about this? I played against Larry Bird in the Finals. I played in nine Finals.”

Johnson is the second straight basketball decision-maker for the Lakers to create a self-imposed deadline for success.

In 2014, co-owner Jim Buss told the Los Angeles Times that the Lakers had to be a contender within three to four years, or ”I will step down Sam Hubbard Jersey , because that means I have failed.”

The Lakers badly missed that deadline, and Buss’ sister fired him and general manager Mitch Kupchak in February 2017.

Johnson and Pelinka are spending this week honing and fine-tuning their free-agent pitches. They’ll show their plans to Jeanie Buss later in the week, along with numerous contingency plans for the short-term and long-term future.

”If we can sign somebody this summer, we’ll do that,” Johnson said. ”If it doesn’t happen, we’ve got to turn to next summer.”

linzhihong18

In 2014, co-owner Jim Buss

Postby linzhihong18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:44 am

The New Orleans Saints have signed veteran running back Shane Vereen in a move that could help the club respond to Mark Ingram's early season suspension.

Vereen Authentic Customized Eagles Jerseys , whose signing was announced by the club on Wednesday, has served as a runner and receiver with New England and the New York Giants during seven NFL seasons.

He gained 838 yards from scrimmage and scored five touchdowns for the Patriots' 2014 squad that won the Super Bowl.

Last season with the Giants, Vereen rushed for 164 yards and caught 44 passes for 253 yards.

Ingram, who was New Orleans' leading rusher last season, has been suspended four games for use of a banned substance.

The Saints also signed veteran running back Terrance West this summer.

Meanwhile, New Orleans has waived running back Daniel Lasco, who finished last season on injured reserve because of a bulging disk.

Magic Johnson is betting his job on his free-agent recruiting skills for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Johnson declared Monday that he will step down as the Lakers’ president of basketball operations if he can’t persuade an elite free agent to sign with the 16-time NBA champions within the next two summers.

”Next summer Authentic Starlin Castro Jersey , if nobody comes and I’m still sitting here like this, then it’s a failure,” Johnson said after a news conference to introduce draft picks Moe Wagner and Svi Mykhailiuk.

Johnson was put in charge of the Lakers’ front office by owner Jeanie Buss in February 2017, and the former superstar point guard immediately announced his plans to revive the struggling franchise by enticing the game’s best players to join as free agents.

With Paul George and potentially LeBron James headlining the market this summer, Johnson is leading the Lakers’ efforts to land both players this weekend. If they sign elsewhere, Johnson and the Lakers will pursue the large crop of 2019 free agents.

And if he strikes out with every big name, Johnson said he will quit.

”Like I told you when I took the job Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey Cowboys , it’s going to be a two-summer thing for the Lakers,” Johnson said. ”This summer, and next summer, and that’s it. And if I can’t deliver, I’m going to step down myself. She won’t have to fire me. I’ll step away from it. Because then, I can’t do this job. But so far, so good.”

Although the Lakers are mired in the worst five-year stretch in franchise history and haven’t made the playoffs since 2013 Corey Seager Jersey , Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka have been successful in achieving their initial goals since they took over 16 months ago.

They have solidified a decent core of talented young players – Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart – to provide their potential free-agent signees with support. They have made several slick trades and personnel moves to clear enough salary cap room to offer two mammoth free-agent contracts this summer.

Now comes the tough part: Persuading George or James or other big names to move to Hollywood. Johnson said he has no idea whether the Lakers’ pitch will be well-received, but he also feels confident in his task.

”I’m Magic Johnson,” he said with his ubiquitous smile. ”You know how many finals I’ve been in? So you think I’m worried about this? I played against Larry Bird in the Finals. I played in nine Finals.”

Johnson is the second straight basketball decision-maker for the Lakers to create a self-imposed deadline for success.

In 2014, co-owner Jim Buss told the Los Angeles Times that the Lakers had to be a contender within three to four years, or ”I will step down Sam Hubbard Jersey , because that means I have failed.”

The Lakers badly missed that deadline, and Buss’ sister fired him and general manager Mitch Kupchak in February 2017.

Johnson and Pelinka are spending this week honing and fine-tuning their free-agent pitches. They’ll show their plans to Jeanie Buss later in the week, along with numerous contingency plans for the short-term and long-term future.

”If we can sign somebody this summer, we’ll do that,” Johnson said. ”If it doesn’t happen, we’ve got to turn to next summer.”

linzhihong18

Players who are recovering from surgeries

Postby linzhihong18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:50 am

Chris Thompson goes out for a pass route with his right leg on his mind.

Eight months since breaking his right fibula Cheap Darius Leonard Jersey , Thompson still thinks about it when running and making sudden moves. Now two days into his first taste of team drills at training camp, the Washington Redskins' 2017 offensive MVP is attempting to get over the mental hurdle of rehabbing from surgery and getting back to normal.

"I'm still nervous about just making cuts," he said. "I'm nervous about, 'What happens if this guy falls and hits my ankle?' I know it's healed. I know the plate is there so I don't have to worry about it breaking. But it's a big mental game."

Thompson became Washington's secret weapon on offense with 39 catches for 510 yards receiving and four touchdowns to go along with 64 carries for 294 yards rushing and two touchdowns on the ground. It's no coincidence the Redskins' playoff hopes effectively ended when Thompson went down in New Orleans in November.

Doctors put a plate and five screws in Thompson's leg, and he considered the ensuing rehab more difficult than after previous surgeries to repair knee injuries. They told him he wouldn't be 100 percent until a full year had passed, so it's on Thompson to manage the pain, his own expectations and his progression along with the team's training staff.

It's easier said than done.

"I talk to the trainers the whole time http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-isaiah-oliver-jersey , especially before practice just to ask them, 'What am I doing today?'" Thompson said. "Because I know me: If I'm feeling good, I'll continue to just go. They're just letting me know what I'm doing every step of the way. I'm just kind of leaving it in their hands and just ... kind of being smart about it because I know this is still a journey."

The goal of the journey is being ready for the beginning of the regular season. Coach Jay Gruden on Wednesday said he was confident Thompson would be ready for the opener Sept. 9 at Arizona.

"The way he runs, he looks faster right now," Gruden said. "His burst looks like it's 100 percent back. Only he knows how he feels as far as being 100 percent. ... But he looks great right now."

Gruden left open the possibility of limiting Thompson's workload early in the season because the 27-year-old running back knows he's not yet close to being back to himself. The sustained speed isn't there, but teammates are glad to get a glimpse of Thompson working his way back.

"Chris Thompson's a key asset to our offense," linebacker Preston Smith said. "He brings a lot of different tools to the offense. He can be used in multiple ways. And seeing him out there practicing is a great thing for Chris because I love him Ben Gamel Seattle Mariners Jersey , his spirit. He's a great teammate, a great guy and I always want to see him on the field."

There are several steps left in Thompson's progression, including no limitations in practice and then possibly some action in preseason games. The next milestone is getting hit by an opponent and seeing how he reacts.

"I am not looking forward to it, but I know I've got to do it," Thompson said. "I know I'm going to be super nervous about it, but once I get that first hit, whether it's in preseason or the first game or whatever they plan on doing 鈥?once I get hit one time Youth Ronald Jones II Jersey , I know I'm going to be good after that."

NOTES: WR Josh Doctson left practice after landing hard on his left shoulder while trying to make a diving catch. A spokesman said Doctson was being evaluated for a shoulder injury and that the team would have an update Thursday. In a since-deleted tweet on his verified account, Doctson said he's "just fine silly rabbit." In another tweet, he said, "#imgood." ... WR Paul Richardson went down in individual drills but returned minutes later and made several catches. ... S DeAngelo Hall announced his retirement at a formal news conference after playing 14 NFL seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Redskins and Oakland Raiders.

Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden says defensive lineman Stacy McGee and cornerback Joshua Holsey will begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

Gruden announced the injury statuses Wednesday during his annual camp-opening news conference ahead of the first on-field workouts Thursday.

McGee had core-muscle surgery, and Holsey is dealing with a foot injury. Gruden says Josh Doctson had an Achilles tendon MRI that revealed no damage for the wide receiver who has been hampered by soreness there during his two NFL seasons.

Players who are recovering from surgeries, notably left tackle Trent Williams (knee) M.J. Stewart Jersey Elite , running back Chris Thompson (knee) and tight end Jordan Reed (toe) will be integrated into camp as they're able to ramp up activity, according to Gruden.

Return to “[THUG] Thug Life Bitches”