Find good work in USA?

officialsbaseball

Nashville is among both the 14 teams

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 am

EDMONTON Adidas Austin Czarnik Jersey , Alberta (AP) — In one game, Brendan Lemieux doubled his NHL goal total.Lemieux scored twice to give him four career goals and the Winnipeg Jets ended 2018 on an upbeat note, defeating the slumping Edmonton Oilers 4-3 Monday night.The 22-year-old son of former NHL star Claude Lemieux entered with two goals in 31 games.“It felt great. It’s good to be a difference-maker,” Lemieux said. “I thought our line played really well tonight. That was the first time we’ve had that dynamic with (Andrew Copp) in the middle and (Jack Roslovic) on the wing. I loved our game. There was some stuff we could clean up, but I was really happy with our line.”Brandon Tanev and Blake Wheeler also scored for the Jets (25-12-2), who snapped a two-game skid.“The first four shifts of the game I didn’t love, but after that we got better at breaking pucks out, we were a little faster and we hit the middle an awful lot, which is a pretty good tell if we’re moving right,” coach Paul Maurice said.Leon Draisaitl had a pair of goals and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored the other for the Oilers (18-18-3), who lost all five games on their homestand and have dropped six in a row overall.“It was definitely a better effort than the game before Adidas Elias Lindholm Jersey , but it was still not good enough to beat a team like that,” Draisaitl said. “We are making too many little mistakes and that starts with me and the top guys. We have to clean that up.”Winnipeg goalie Connor Hellebuyck robbed Draisaitl in tight with 23 seconds left to preserve his 100th NHL win.“As we always say, we just need one and that’s the one we needed,” Maurice said.Edmonton was first on the board, scoring with five minutes left in the first period as Connor McDavid displayed a burst of speed to get past a defender along the boards. McDavid then sent the puck in front for Nugent-Hopkins, who beat Hellebuyck for his 14th of the season.The Jets tied it five minutes into the second when a long shot by Jacob Trouba was tipped by Tanev past Oilers goalie Mikko Koskinen.Winnipeg scored again about a minute later as a big scramble in front ended with the puck slipping under Koskinen. The goal was credited to Lemieux.The Oilers pulled even on a power-play goal with two minutes left in the second on a one-timer from Draisaitl, his 20th of the season.Winnipeg got that goal back just 29 seconds later when Wheeler picked the top corner.Edmonton knotted the game again seven minutes into the third when McDavid picked off a pass and fed the puck in front to Draisaitl, who beat Hellebuyck with a backhand.The Jets surged back in front with six minutes remaining on another goal by Lemieux.NOTES: Winnipeg won the season series 2-1. … Two players made their debuts on the Edmonton blue line after being acquired in trades on Sunday. Alexander Petrovic came over in a deal with Florida, while Brandon Manning was dealt to the Oilers from Chicago.UP NEXTJets: Play at Pittsburgh on Friday.Oilers: Begin a four-game road trip Wednesday at Arizona. VANCOUVER, British Columbia — The clock is ticking on the Philadelphia Flyers.The Flyers (12-14-4) are trying to prevent time from running out on their season — and their jobs — as they prepare to visit the Vancouver Canucks (14-16-4) on Saturday night.The NHL playoffs are still a possibility, albeit a remote one. But fans and the media are focusing more on the players’ short-term future as new general manager Chuck Fletcher evaluates the organization that he took over from the fired Ron Hextall.Article continues below ...Flyers’ top brass did not like Hextall’s slow-build approach Adidas Tyler Graovac Jersey , so he was sacked earlier this month after four seasons. Fletcher, a former Minnesota Wild GM, has indicated that a trade is just a matter of time.“It is difficult (to make deals in mid-season) but that’s reality — my reality,” he told Postmedia in Edmonton, where the Flyers bowed 4-1 to the Oilers on Friday night. “It’s a fun challenge. This is the time of year where everybody is looking. I don’t think there is a general manager who looks at his team and says, ‘You know what? We have every hole filled and we love our depth.’“This has always been the active part of the season, but for me, I’m trying to get a sense from talking to other GMs: Who do you like on our team?And, who are you trying to move? Every team is hoping to add a player, fill one hole.”While Fletcher tries to plug holes off the ice, the players are struggling to fill them on it. The Flyers were still reeling Friday from a 6-5 overtime loss Wednesday in Calgary Adidas Noah Hanifin Jersey , where they squandered a two-goal lead in the final 1:08 of regulation time and surrendered the winning tally just 35 seconds into the extra session.After being close to returning, injured No. 1 goaltender Brian Elliott has returned to Philadelphia, apparently for treatment on a hip issue.“He’s not going to be available for the rest of the trip,” coach Dave Hakstol told reporters Friday while sidestepping the reason for the goalie’s return home.The club’s goaltending woes were compounded by veteran Michal Neuvirth’s return to Philly to be with his wife as she was preparing to give birth. Rookie Anthony Stolarz, who started Friday and was in goal for Wednesday’s loss, is expected to get most of the netminding work for the foreseeable future. Fellow minor-league callup Alex Lyon, promoted on Thursday due to Neuvirth’s departure, will likely serve mainly as the backup.The Flyers have suffered four straight losses. Hakstol just wants Stolarz to continue to build his game.Meanwhile, the Canucks hope to build momentum following a three-game road trip on which they earned five of a possible six points.“We’ve got to be happy with our road trip from our group,” center Bo Horvat told reporters. “Both goaltenders (Jacob Markstrom and Anders Nilsson) played well, and that’ll give us a lot of confidence going home.”The Canucks were bolstered by their second straight late-game rally in Nashville on Thursday night Adidas Alan Quine Jersey , although they wound up losing 4-3 in overtime.“Like I’ve said all year, we have character in this (dressing) room,” forward Brock Boeser told Sportsnet. “(Thursday’s rally) shows our character. That’s a huge point to get.”While the Flyers play the second game of back-to-back road contests, the Canucks will host the first of two home games on consecutive nights.That likely means Markstrom and Nilsson will split the games. Markstrom appears likely to play against the Flyers after serving as the backup Thursday. Nilsson, who has lost seven straight games, could get the call Sunday against Edmonton.
officialsbaseball

Capitals’ Stanley Cup victory

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:05 am

COPENHAGEN www.officialducks.com , Denmark (AP) Sweden capped a victorious run through the ice hockey world championship by edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday in the final after a penalty shootout to successfully defend its title.Forward Filip Forsberg scored the decisive goal in the shootout to give Sweden a third world title in six years, and 11th overall.Sweden won all 10 matches at the tournament.”We wanted to win the gold medal, and here we are,” Sweden forward Viktor Arvidsson said. ”It’s unbelievable, especially for Filip (Forsberg). He’s a great player, one of our top players. It’s unbelievable to win with my teammates.”Arvidsson, together with Nashville Predators teammates Forsberg and defenseman Mattias Ekholm, joined the Swedish team during the tournament after the Predators were eliminated from the NHL playoffs.”We had the puck a lot,” Arvidsson said. ”They did a great job defending.”Sweden outshot Switzerland 38-27 but could not get the puck past goaltender Leonardo Genoni.Switzerland finished runner-up for the third time after 2013 and 1935. It has never won.”We battled hard … all the tournament long,” Switzerland defenseman Mirco Muller said. ”Once you look at the bigger picture, it’s huge for Swiss hockey. But right now, there’s a disappointment. We definitely had our chances.”Switzerland stunned Canada 3-2 in the semifinals after a 3-2 upset against Finland in the quarterfinals.”They were close to winning the whole championship. So Anaheim Ducks T-Shirts Authentic , credit to them,” Sweden forward Magnus Paajarvi said.Gustav Nyquist wristed a shot from the slot high into the net for Sweden to answer the Swiss opening goal by Nino Niederreiter.Timo Meier scored a second period power play goal to restore the one-goal advantage for Switzerland in the second.Mika Zibanejad equalized on a power play from the point, forcing overtime.Earlier Sunday, the United States topped Canada 4-1 to claim the bronze medal.Chris Kreider led the U.S. with two goals.Forward Nick Bonino scored the winner on a rebound during a power play in the final period. Anders Lee and Kreider added empty-net insurance goals to give the U.S. its third bronze in six years.”It’s important for the team but it’s also important for USA Hockey,” U.S. captain Patrick Kane said. ”Now, we can build up off this level and try to keep being better and better.”Kane had an assist in the game to finish the tournament with 20 points for eight goals and 12 assists, the first player to do so since 2008.”Obviously I’m here to produce and try to create offense and make plays out there,” Kane said. ”Overall, I’m happy … it was a fun tournament and a great experience for me and I hope it will help me with my career going forward too.”Canada had to settle for a disappointing fourth-place finish. WINNIPEG, Manitoba – The Winnipeg Jets have yet to show the form that propelled them to the second-best record in the NHL last season, but they’re finding ways to win until everybody is all on the same flight path.The Jets defeated the Arizona Coyotes 5-3 on Saturday night, pushing their record to 5-2-1 Anaheim Ducks Hoodies Authentic , but it was hardly a Picasso or a Rembrandt. In artistic terms, this game was more like dogs playing poker.The Jets were outshot 45-32, including 16-6 in the first period. The latter statistic, however, flattered the home team, who went 14 minutes between their second and third shots of the frame. (During four of those minutes, the Jets were short-handed.)Article continues below ...Defenseman Jacob Trouba, who has been handling the puck like it’s a hand grenade all month long, had arguably his best game of the season, picking up a career-high three assists. He told The Winnipeg Sun that he was happy to see defensemen Tyler Myers and Josh Morrissey as well as winger Mathieu Perreault notch their first goals of the season.“When everyone gets a goal, it feels pretty good when they score,” he said. “It’s good to see. You want to see everyone jump in and get in there. It’s great to see a lot of names on the scoresheet.”Morrissey and left winger Kyle Connor are tied for the team lead in points with seven ahead of the early-season favorites Mark Scheifele Anaheim Ducks Hats Authentic , Blake Wheeler and Patrik Laine.If nothing else, the game against the Coyotes proved that back-up goalie Laurent Brossoit is the real deal and can provide some much-needed rest for starter Connor Hellebuyck during the season. He stopped 42 shots for his second victory of the season.“We had a little lull in the first (period) and he was there to back us up, especially on those penalty kills,” Trouba said of Brossoit.“Both games he’s played he’s been extremely good and when (Hellebuyck’s) been in, he’s been good. You definitely can’t look at the goaltenders and expect much more.”The Blues come to town having lost three of their last four but their win on Saturday night, boosting their record to 2-3-2, did most of Canada a favor. By defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-1, handing the Leafs their second consecutive defeat, they forced most national sports television and radio shows to talk about something other than the Leafs being the odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup next spring and break every offensive record in the process.Blues coach Mike Yeo was pleased with the efforts by his troops, who kept the Leafs – the highest-scoring team in the league – off the scoreboard until the third period. They also outshot the Leafs 25-23.“That looked a lot more like the St. Louis Blues. The guys came out [and] gave us a great response,” he said in a post-game scrum.The Leafs visit the Jets on Wednesday.
officialsbaseball

The goaltender comes in 16-7-0 with a 2.32 goals

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 am

BUFFALO Vegas Golden Knights T-Shirts Authentic , N.Y. (AP) — Brad Marchand was relieved in seeing how the Boston Bruins went from what the forward called “brutal” one night to much better the next.Marchand set up all four goals and Jaroslav Halak stopped 32 shots in a 4-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday, a day after Boston opened the season with an embarrassing 7-0 loss at Washington.“When you have a game like last night, it can definitely make you a little nervous about how things are going to go,” Marchand said. “But I think this just gave us the confidence that we know we can settle down and bounce back.”Captain Zdeno Chara and rookie Ryan Donato staked the Bruins to a 2-0 lead by the 15:34 mark of the first period. David Pastrnak scored in the second and Patrice Bergeron capped the victory with an empty-net goal with 12 seconds left.The new-look Sabres, featuring rookie No. 1 draft pick Rasmus Dahlin and Jack Eichel as captain, more resembled the team that finished last in the standings for the third time in five years. After receiving rousing cheers upon being introduced before the opening faceoff in their season opener, the Sabres were booed off the ice following the first and second periods.“Obviously, I think their fuse is a bit short for us, and rightfully so,” Eichel said Vegas Golden Knights Hoodies Authentic , referring to fans’ impatience. “We haven’t played well the last few years. That’s on us to put a better product on the ice.”It’s been a familiar lament for the Sabres. Dating to last season, Buffalo has lost five straight overall and six in a row at home — including three shutout losses. The Sabres dropped to 0-5-1 in their past six season openers. They were shut out for the fourth time to open a season, and first since a 2-0 loss at Philadelphia in 2003.Buffalo failed to score despite playing much of the final five minutes with the goalie pulled for an extra attacker.Halak got the start a night after allowing two goals on 18 shots in replacing starter Tuukka Rask, who was yanked midway through the second period against Washington. The shutout was the 43rd of Halak’s career.“We all knew it just wasn’t good enough yesterday and we needed to come back tonight and bounce back, and that’s what we did,” said Halak, who signed with Boston in July.Chara opened the scoring 6:33 in, when he was allowed to skate in alone up the left side and beat offseason free-agent addition Carter Hutton on the short side.Hutton finished with 22 saves and had no chance on Donato’s power-play goal nine minutes later. Donato was alone driving to the right post, where he redirected Marchand’s pass from the high slot.The 18-year-old Dahlin had an inconsistent night and at times looked hesitant in being matched with several defensive partners. He was on the ice for the Bruins’ third goal in allowing David Krejci’s pass through the crease go directly through his legs. The pass set up Pastrnak, who scored while being left alone at the left post.Dahlin finished second among Buffalo players with 22 minutes and 37 seconds of ice time Vegas Golden Knights Hats Authentic , and was credited with two hits and one giveaway.“Yeah, it was a little bit faster,” Dahlin said of the game’s pace. “I learned how a regular-season game is. I’m just looking forward to the next game. We’ve got to do better.”NOTES: Boston improved to 5-2 in games after opening the season with a shutout loss. … The Sabres have only 10 players on the roster who played in Buffalo’s season opener last year, and just six from the 2016-17 opener. … At 18 years and 175 days, Dahlin is the second-youngest player to open a season in Buffalo, behind only 1987 No. 1 pick, Pierre Turgeon (18 years, 41 days). … Bruins RW Chris Wagner, who played 13:10 against Washington, was scratched and replaced in the lineup by LW Anders Bjork.UP NEXTBruins: Home-opener against Ottawa on Monday.Sabres: Continue four-game homestand against New York Rangers on Saturday. BOSTON — Frederik Andersen has a more than respectable 164-70-31 career regular-season record in the NHL.But against the Boston Bruins Custom Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys , his record is 11-1-0 as he and the Toronto Maple Leafs visit Boston on Saturday night in the opener of Toronto’s five-game road trip.Andersen, who did lose a seven-game playoff series to the Bruins last season, has a 2.08 goals-against average and .937 save percentage in the regular season against Boston. That might not be a great omen for the current Bruins, who are having all kinds of trouble scoring goals.Article continues below ...The injury-ravaged Bruins have lost three straight games, all in regulation — the first time that has happened since March 2017. They have scored four goals in the three games, a stretch that includes the fifth shutout this season.They are 4-4-2 in their last 10 and haven’t scored more than three goals in any of those games, limited to just 16 goals.They were dreadful in a 5-0 loss at Florida on Tuesday but played better in a 3-2 loss at Tampa Bay on Thursday.“You have to be very good to beat these guys,” coach Bruce Cassidy said after the game. “We weren’t quite there yet but much better than the previous night.”The same night, the Maple Leafs, with Michael Nylander making his season debut after signing his new six-year contract Zach Bogosian Jersey Womens , rallied for three goals to force overtime before their five-game winning streak ended in overtime at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings.“They were just better than us,” Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said after his team fell to 20-8-1. “The greatest thing about the game, I say this all the time, it’s so honest. They played harder, they were better and I thought we did a real good job to get ourselves a point, but they were the team that deserved the two. It was great that we got one. We didn’t have enough hands on deck.”On Nov. 26, the Leafs defeated the Bruins in Toronto behind Andersen, who made 38 saves in his latest victory over the Bruins. The goaltender comes in 16-7-0 with a 2.32 goals-against average and .931 save percentage this season.If Cassidy continues with his rotation, Jaroslav Halak will be back in net Saturday after Tuukka Rask lost Thursday night.Halak is 9-4-4 with a 2.84 goals-against average and .913 save percentage lifetime against the Leafs.Nylander logged 12:29 on 18 shifts in his debut, failing to put anything on the board.“I thought Willy was fine John Moore Jersey Womens ,” Babcock said. “It was probably unfair for me — we had the bus (breakdown in Buffalo) thing that happened, we were supposed to practice together, we never even gave the guy a practice. We wanted to get him in.”The Bruins have Charlie McAvoy back on a defense that has been without as many as six players at one time and is still trying to survive without captain Zdeno Chara and Kevan Miller. Up front, Boston is without Patrice Bergeron, who leads this team in all phases of the game.They scored early and late Thursday night, but the Lightning scored their three in between and hung on for the win.“Tonight is a little more disappointing (than frustrating), to be honest with you,” Cassidy said. “We were right there.”David Krejci broke an 18-game goal-scoring drought with his 590th career point Thursday. That tied him with team president Cam Neely for 10th place on the club’s career scoring list — with Neely at the game.The Bruins (14-10-4) visit Ottawa on Sunday and return home to play the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday night.Boston claimed Gemel Smith off waivers from the Dallas Stars on Thursday.
officialsbaseball

Youth Derek Stepan Jersey

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 am

OTTAWA Womens Jason Demers Jersey , Ontario (AP) The Florida Panthers beat up the Senators on a night when Ottawa was already playing with heavy hearts.Jared McCann had a goal and two assists to lead Florida over the Senators 7-2 on Tuesday as Ottawa captain Erik Karlsson sat out following the death of his son.The team announced the death of Karlsson’s son before the game. Erik and Melinda Karlsson were married last year and announced in November they were expecting their first child in the spring. The team released a statement offering its ”collective thoughts and prayers” and requested privacy for the family.Keith Yandle, Nick Bjugstad, Evgeni Dadonov, Jamie McGinn and Frank Vatrano each had a goal and an assist for Florida. Colton Sceviour had the other goal while James Reimer made 33 saves.”Nice to get seven different scorers spread throughout the lineup,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. ”There’s not too many games this year where we can relax a little bit in the third period and roll our bench.”Patrick Sieloff and Marian Gaborik scored for the Senators, who lost their second straight. Craig Anderson started in goal but was replaced by Mike Condon after allowing four goals on 17 shots. Condon made 19 saves.Florida had a 6-2 advantage after two periods. The Panthers led 2-1 after an opening frame that was broken into two parts as the final 2:10 was played after the ice was resurfaced and just before the start of the second. Both teams were sent to their dressing rooms at 17:50 as the ice crew worked to repair a broken pane of glass in the Senators’ end. Before that, Sceviour gave the Panthers a 1-0 lead at 2:36 as he tipped a point shot past Anderson.Sieloff tied it at 12:48. His point shot hit the end boards Paul Thompson Jersey Womens , bounced back over the net and struck the crossbar before hitting Reimer in the back and going in.The goal was the second in two career games for Sieloff. He scored April 9, 2016 while with the Calgary Flames, the team who drafted him 42nd overall in 2012.”Overall we didn’t have our best game but that was nice to get that goal, but it wasn’t a good game,” Sieloff said. ”There were a couple of defensive breakdowns and couple bounces didn’t go our way and it went downhill from there.”NOTES: Ryan Dzingel didn’t play for Ottawa while Alexander Petrovic, Connor Brickley, Radim Vrbata and Maxim Mamin were Florida’s scratches. … Panthers D Keith Yandle played in his 704th consecutive game Troy Brouwer Jersey Womens , the longest current streak in the NHL.UP NEXTPanthers: Concluded a three-game trip in Columbus on Thursday night.Senators: Host Edmonton on Thursday night.— WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) — Jacob Trouba was glad to see some different names on the scoresheet.Tyler Myers, Josh Morrissey and Mathieu Perreault each recorded their first goals of the season as the Winnipeg Jets defeated the Arizona Coyotes 5-3 on Saturday.Trouba added a career-high three assists, while Adam Lowry scored his fourth goal of the season and Blake Wheeler contributed an empty-netter. Morrissey and Kyle Connor, who had two assists, are tied for the team lead in points with seven.“When everyone gets a goal, it feels pretty good when they score http://www.officialavalanche.com/authentic-adidas-sven-andrighetto-jersey ,” Trouba said. “It’s good to see. You want to see everyone jump in and get in there.”Making his second start of the season for the Jets (5-2-1), backup goalie Laurent Brossoit stopped 42 shots for his second victory.“We had a little lull in the first (period) and he was there to back us up, especially on those penalty kills,” Trouba said of Brossoit.“Both games he’s played he’s been extremely good and when (Connor Hellebuyck’s) been in, he’s been good. You definitely can’t look at the goaltenders and expect much more.”Clayton Keller scored twice and Christian Fischer had one goal for Arizona (2-5). Oliver Ekman-Larsson had three assists.Antti Raanta made 27 saves for the Coyotes, who haven’t won in Winnipeg since the Jets moved from Atlanta to Manitoba in 2011.Arizona had a total of eight goals in its previous six games.“It’s good to see some go in,” Keller said. “We played hard tonight. We stuck with it. We didn’t give up. We were right there. We learned a lot about our team tonight.”The game was tied 1-1 after the first period and Winnipeg led 3-1 after two.The Coyotes were outshooting the Jets 13-2 in the first period with nothing to show for it until Fischer took a pass from Ekman-Larsson and moved the puck around the front of Brossoit before flipping it into the net with 4:23 remaining.The Jets went almost 14 minutes between their second and third shots http://www.officialcanadiensprostore.com/authentic-adidas-phillip-danault-jersey , but made a late one count when Morrissey fired the puck from the point. It hit Lowry’s blade and went in with 44 seconds left in the period.Arizona had a 16-6 shot advantage in the opening period and went 0 for 2 on the power play.“Having 16 shots in the first period gets you into it right away,” Brossoit said. “But to be honest, I thought even with 16 shots, and they had the majority of the play in our end, I still thought we kept them to the outside and our (defensive) core made it relatively easier on me than the previous game.”On Winnipeg’s second power play, Mark Scheifele sent Morrissey a pass to the high slot and he bent down low and fired the puck in for the 3-1 lead.The Jets have at least one power-play goal in four straight games.Arizona’s shot advantage was down to 27-22 after two.Keller made it 3-2 at 3:50 of the third, but Winnipeg responded with Perreault’s goal less than two minutes later. A coach’s challenge for goaltender interference on Perreault’s marker was unsuccessful.Keller netted his second of the game with a shot under the crossbar on Brossoit’s stick side for a 4-3 score at 11:53.Arizona had a power play with just over five minutes remaining when Wheeler was penalized for slashing Womens Craig Smith Jersey , but Brossoit snapped out his glove to stop a shot by Keller. Wheeler then scored with 42 seconds left.UP NEXTCoyotes: Finish their four-game trip Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets.Jets: Continue their homestand Monday against St. Louis.
officialsbaseball

The Oilers got on the board first midway

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:31 am

OTTAWA http://www.sabresshoponline.com/authentic-johan-larsson-jersey , Ontario (AP) — Torey Krug felt like the Boston Bruins were “still in their pre-game nap” during their game against the Ottawa Senators.Tuukka Rask helped the Bruins stick around, and Krug gave Boston the jolt it needed for a road victory.Krug took a cross-crease pass from David Krejci and beat Mike McKenna with a one-timer 3:07 into overtime to lift the Bruins over the Ottawa Senators 2-1 on Sunday night.“It was a tough game for us,” Krug said. “It took us a while to wake up there.”Krug deferred credit to Krejci on the winner.“It’s a highly, highly skilled player making a great pass,” Krug said. “He sees things that other guys can’t see, even from up in the press box. He made a great play and I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of it.”Brad Marchand had the regulation goal for the Bruins (16-10-4), and Rask made 27 saves.Mark Stone scored in regulation for the Senators (13-14-4), who got a career-best 42-save performance from McKenna, including a diving two-pad stack save against Sean Kuraly in overtime.The third period finished with a frantic seven minutes Authentic Justin Bailey Jersey , starting with a game-saving glove save by Rask against Stone on a 2-on-1 when the Senators were short-handed and a delayed penalty was coming to the Bruins.McKenna stopped Marchand in close before turning aside David Pastrnak on a breakaway. McKenna stopped 14 shots in the third period as the Bruins outshot Ottawa 14-4.“I felt like myself and I felt like I’ve had a lot of good work leading up to this to be ready for it,” McKenna said. “Credit to our goalie coaching, credit to my teammates and all that, but I felt like myself out there. It might have been the most (saves) in the NHL, but I’ve had games like that in other places before.”Stone put Ottawa on the board 12:51 into the first who he one-timed a circle-to-circle pass from Colin White.The Senators failed to capitalize on a 5-on-3 advantage for one minute, including the final 50 seconds of the first period.Marchand tied it at 1, beating McKenna at 7:49 of the second period as the Senators played a man short following an instigator penalty to Ben Harpur.NOTES: Dylan DeMelo and Christian Jaros were scratches for the Senators while Noel Acciari, Jake Debrusk and Jeremy Lauzon were scratches for the Bruins. … After sweeping the season-series against the Bruins two years ago, the Senators have lost seven straight against Boston http://www.sabresshoponline.com/authentic-kyle-okposo-jersey , including their two previous meetings this season.UP NEXTBruins: Host Arizona on Tuesday night.Senators: Open a three-game trip Tuesday night at Nashville. NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Wilson had extra time to work on his skills while serving a suspension during the first 16 games of the season. It’s paid off in a big way for the Washington Capitals since his return.Wilson scored twice, Braden Holtby stopped 32 shots and the Capitals beat the New York Islanders and former coach Barry Trotz 4-1 Monday night for their season-high sixth straight win.Wilson has six goals and five assists in eight games since joining the lineup, including goals in four straight games.“I had lots of time, worked on a little bit of everything,” he said. “I just tried to make sure I could pick up where we left off last year. We were playing some pretty good hockey at the end of last year, some pretty good chemistry going. I just wanted to make sure I jumped in and do whatever I can to get up to speed.”Capitals coach Todd Rierden has noticed the difference in Wilson’s play.“His overall puck handling is at a different level than it’s been in the past,” Rierden said. “It comes back to him maximizing his opportunity and he’s been outstanding for us.”Nic Dowd and Alex Ovechkin also scored for Washington, which won after giving up the first goal for the fifth time during its win streak that has catapulted the defending champions to first place in the Metropolitan Division.“We’ve had some slow starts recently,” Rierden said. “It seems to help engage our group right away and raise the desperation and urgency. That’s not a real recipe for success but it seems to be working right now.”Valtteri Filppula scored and Thomas Greiss finished with 20 saves for the Islanders Rasmus Ristolainen Jersey , who were playing for the fourth time in six days and snapped a two-game win streak.“I didn’t feel we had as much juice as we did against Carolina (on Saturday) and the other games,” Trotz said. “We just didn’t. … We didn’t have the legs under us that we usually have when we’re fresh.”Trotz was facing the Capitals for first time since leading them to the franchise’s first Stanley Cup title in June. Trotz also guided Washington to the Presidents’ Trophy for the league’s best record in 2015-16 and 2016-17 and then resigned in a contract dispute and subsequently signed with Islanders.Trotz, Islanders assistant coach Lane Lambert and goalie coach Mitch Korn, received their championship rings in the Capitals’ dressing room before the game and addressed their former players.Holtby stopped 15 shots in the third to improve to 15-4-3 in 22 career games against the Islanders.“It’s one of those games we had to grind out,” Holtby said. “Got some big plays, big shots at important times. … (The Islanders) had a lot of traffic in front. They were doing stuff that Barry preaches.”Leading 2-1, Washington had a two-man advantage for 1½ minutes. After several attempts were stopped during the 5-on-3, Wilson beat Greiss in front about 15 seconds after the Islanders’ first penalty expired for a power-play goal to push the Capitals’ lead to 3-1 with 5:39 left.Ovechkin added an empty-netter with 22 seconds remaining for his 18th of the season, tying him with Buffalo’s Jeff Skinner for second in the league.Tied 1-1 after one period Greg Pateryn Jersey Womens , New York nearly regained the lead early in the second as Washington defenseman Matt Niskanen almost stuffed the rebound of Pulock’s shot off Holtby and across the goal line. After a review the no-goal call stood as officials confirmed the puck didn’t cross the line.Dowd then put the Capitals ahead 2-1 at 7:58 of the middle period as he took a drop pass from Dmitrij Jaskin in the right circle and beat Greiss on the glove side for his third. It came on Washington’s second shot on goal of the period.Filppula opened the scoring just 36 seconds into the game with a backhander past Holtby’s glove side for his seventh.Wilson tied it at 2:50 as his shot from the right faceoff dot beat Greiss through the legs.NOTES: Nicklas Backstrom had assists on both of Wilson’s goals, pushing him past Peter Bondra for second place on the Capitals’ career points list with 826. … John Carlson had an assist on Dowd’s goal, tying him with Kevin Hatcher for third on the Capitals’ career list for assists by a defenseman with 277. … The Capitals improved to 12-4-3 in their last 19 games vs. the Islanders. … Filppula, who has scored in two straight games, has eight points in the last seven games. … F Leo Komarov had an assist on Filppula’s goal, giving him six points the last seven games.UP NEXTCapitals: Host New Jersey on Friday night.Islanders: At Boston on Thursday night.
officialsbaseball

Milwaukee Brewers

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 am

NEW YORK (AP) — Other than opening with a reliever on the mound Anthony DeSclafani Jersey , nothing was any different about this October for the Oakland Athletics.They didn’t last very long … again.Liam Hendriks gave up a two-run homer to Aaron Judge on his ninth pitch and the A’s never recovered, making another early playoff exit with a 7-2 loss to the New York Yankees in the American League wild-card game Wednesday night.Oakland’s dangerous bats were mostly silenced by Luis Severino and a nasty New York bullpen, sending the A’s right back across the country and home for the winter — an abrupt ending to their surprisingly successful 97-win season.“Unless you play the last game, it’s disappointing,” manager Bob Melvin said. “So I think when you reflect back and look where we started the year, kind of where we came from, it ends up being a good year. But it doesn’t feel good right now.”Meanwhile, the Yankees advanced to a best-of-five Division Series against rival Boston.It was the eighth consecutive defeat for the A’s in a winner-take-all postseason game since Reggie Jackson’s homer helped beat a New York Mets team that featured Tom Seaver and Willie Mays in Game 7 of the 1973 World Series.Despite making nine playoff appearances this century, Oakland has reached the AL Championship Series only once, in 2006. The club dropped to 1-14 during that stretch with a chance to move on, including a 9-8 loss in 12 innings to Kansas City in the 2014 AL wild-card game.“We’ve had a tough time with it,” Melvin said. “And it’s frustrating.”Three of those setbacks have come courtesy of the Yankees, including five-game Division Series losses in 2000 and 2001. New York also swept the A’s 3-0 in the 1981 ALCS.With his rotation heavily depleted by injuries http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic ... all-jersey , Melvin started Hendriks in a “bullpen game,” a strategic trend that’s quickly catching on around the majors after an innovative Tampa Bay organization employed it often this year with tangible success.Hendriks, a no-name reliever with starting experience, returned from the minors in September and was effective in eight games as an “opener.” He tossed seven shutout innings over the last seven, pitching one inning each time before handing the ball to someone else as the Athletics relied on a strong and deep bullpen.That was the idea Wednesday night, too, but intentionally throwing “Johnny Wholestaff,” as it used to be called, in a win-or-go-home playoff game was certainly an unprecedented experiment.“I think the first two batters obviously weren’t the way I drew it up. Didn’t quite get ahead, got into some bad counts and they made me pay,” Hendriks said. “After that, I kind of settled down a little bit. Got into a rhythm and was able to retire the next three, but unfortunately the first two came back to bite us.”The previous three times a pitcher with no wins in the regular season — never mind one who was cut from the 40-man roster in June — had started a postseason game Michael Lorenzen Jersey , they had missed most of the season either because of injury or to serve in a war.Judge’s home run off Hendriks put the A’s in a quick hole at raucous Yankee Stadium. They opened the fifth with their first hits of the night, consecutive singles that chased Severino. But then Dellin Betances retired Matt Chapman and Jed Lowrie before striking out slugger Khris Davis , the 2-3-4 hitters in the lineup, to thwart the scoring threat.“It was a tough environment,” Davis said. “Their pitching just showed up tonight. They made good pitches when we had baserunners on and we’ve got to tip our cap.”New York added four in the sixth against Fernando Rodney and Blake Treinen, perhaps the best closer in baseball this season.Treinen allowed Luke Voit’s two-run triple and an eighth-inning homer to Giancarlo Stanton. The All-Star reliever was charged with three earned runs in two innings, the first time he yielded more than one in an outing all year.“I just didn’t do a good job of executing pitches,” Treinen said. “I had a hard time getting my slider down.”Davis, who led the majors with 48 homers, lined a two-run shot to right field in the eighth to trim the deficit to 6-2.But by then, it was way too late.“We couldn’t get that big knock,” catcher Jonathan Lucroy said.After finishing last in the AL West the previous three years, low-budget Oakland went 97-65 for a 22-win improvement and its best record since a 103-59 mark in 2002.Yet in the end http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authen ... tis-jersey , October was unkind once again.“They got us on the run early and had two innings where they put up quick numbers,” Melvin said.“We just didn’t do enough offensively tonight. You do have to give them credit. They pitched really well,” he added. “The first run is big. When you’re away and you get the crowd into it, that’s more that you have to overcome.” MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell says he will open the National League Division Series against the Colorado Rockies with a bullpen day on the mound.The Rockies are turning to Antonio Senzatela to start Game 1 at Miller Park on Thursday. The right-hander is 6-6 with a 4.38 ERA in 23 games, including 13 starts.Counsell says he hasn’t decided the order of relievers he’ll use in the series opener. The bullpen is a strength for the Brewers, who will have had two days’ rest after beating the Chicago Cubs on Monday in a tiebreaking game for the NL Central.Counsell says right-hander Jhoulys Chacin will start Game 2 on Friday. Chacin has been the team’s best starter after going 15-8 with a 3.50 ERA in 35 starts in his first season in Milwaukee.Manager Bud Black says he’s leaning toward starting Tyler Anderson (7-9, 4.55) in the second game. After a day off Saturday, Black says he’ll start either German Marquez (14-11, 3.77) or Kyle Freeland (17-7, 2.85) in Game 3 on Sunday.
officialsbaseball

Glenn Robinson Jersey

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:01 am

The Kansas City Royals will go for back-to-back wins when they host the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night in the second installment of a three-game series.Kansas City (48-95) is coming off a wild 4-3 win in 10 innings in the series opener. The Royals had a runner on second base when Alcides Escobar laid down a sacrifice bunt. White Sox reliever Jeanmar Gomez fired an errant throw to third base to try to catch the lead runner Eric Thames Jersey , Brian Goodwin, who instead headed home for the winning run.The tough ending marked the sixth loss in a row for Chicago (56-88).Article continues below ...White Sox right-hander Dylan Covey (5-12, 5.44 ERA) will make his 18th start of the season and 30th of his career. Covey has been in the bullpen for the past three weeks but is rejoining the rotation to replace rookie Michael Kopech, who tore a ligament in his elbow and will require Tommy John surgery after only four starts in the big leagues.In seven starts against the Royals, Covey is 0-6 with a 5.87 ERA. He has walked 19 and fanned 20 in 38 1/3 innings. This will be the fourth time this season that Covey has faced Kansas City.The Royals will counter with right-hander Brad Keller (7-6, 3.14 ERA), who will make the 18th start of his rookie campaign. He has limited opponents to three runs in his past 15 innings for a 1.80 ERA during that span.In six career appearances (three starts) against the White Sox, Keller is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA. He has walked seven and struck out 17 in 17 innings. He most recently faced Chicago on Aug. 18 Glenn Robinson Jersey , when he earned a win and allowed one run — a solo homer by White Sox outfielder Nicky Delmonico — in five innings.Keller has made the most of his opportunity since he was selected in last winter’s Rule 5 draft by the Cincinnati Reds and quickly traded to the Royals for a player to be named. The moves gave him an opportunity to jump to the majors after working his way through the Arizona Diamondbacks’ system as an eight-round pick in 2013.“I wouldn’t call it effortless, but he comes at you,” Royals manager Ned Yost told the Kansas City Star. “He throws strikes with his stuff. He’s not all over the place. He’s not pitching from behind. He’s coming after you.”White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu will be available for the second game since coming off the 10-day disabled list. The Cuban slugger needs three more home runs to become the ninth player in history to hit at least 25 homers in each of his first five seasons. Others on the list include Joe DiMaggio and Albert Pujols.“Everybody knows I was feeling good with my offense before the injury happened,” Abreu said through an interpreter to MLB.com. “Now, I just want to think about the things I can do on a daily basis. We have 18 or 20 games left, and I want to take advantage of every single game.” ST. LOUIS — The Los Angeles Dodgers‘ hopes of payback plus interest against the St. Louis Cardinals is alive and well, and can come to fruition with a victory Sunday night on national television.After the Cardinals swept a three-game series in Los Angeles three weeks ago, the Dodgers have come into St. Louis and have won three straight themselves http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authen ... ina-jersey , doing it in impressive fashion by a combined 29-11.On Saturday, the Dodgers also snatched away the second National League wild-card spot from the Cardinals.Article continues below ...In the series finale, the Dodgers will send right-hander Ross Stripling (8-3, 2.61 ERA) to the mound. The Cardinals will counter with right-hander Adam Wainwright (1-3, 4.70).It has been a roller-coaster season for Stripling, who started the year in the Dodgers’ bullpen, moved to the starting rotation because of injuries and then secured a spot on his first NL All-Star team. But the second half saw him go on the disabled list twice and getting moved back into the bullpen.Stripling’s latest chance to start has come after a solid spot start Wednesday at Cincinnati. He will be taking the rotation spot of Alex Wood, who has been moved to the bullpen because of recent inconsistencies.The change will give the Dodgers two right-handers in the starting rotation as Stripling now can pair with rookie Walker Buehler.“It is good Cecil Cooper Jersey ,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, according to mlb.com. “Ross actually gets lefties out a little bit better, but he is a guy who throws from the right side and is a different look.”Breaking down Stripling’s assets isn’t likely to be necessary if the Dodgers continue to hit the way they have been of late. Yasiel Puig has five home runs in two days, including his first career three-homer game Saturday. On their current four-game win streak, the Dodgers have scored 37 runs.Wainwright will be tasked with making the Dodgers’ offense look like it did in an Aug. 20-22 series against the Cardinals. Los Angeles scored a combined six runs in those games or 11 fewer than they scored Saturday.Wainwright will make only his second start since spending 121 days on the disabled list because of right elbow inflammation. In his return Monday against the Pirates, the right-hander gave up four runs and seven hits in five innings while throwing 81 pitches.“It’s cool to be back, man,” Wainwright said http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authen ... rez-jersey , according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Now I have to go out and execute a lot better than I did (Monday). It’s good to be back competing. I love being out there, I had such a great time pitching and now I have to pitch better.”Perhaps Wainwright can gain confidence from some of his past success against the Dodgers. He has posted a 2.69 ERA against them in 15 games (12 starts). He has a lifetime 5-5 record against Los Angeles.Stripling has faced the Cardinals four times in his career, but only one of those is a start. He is 1-1 with a 4.09 ERA against St. Louis. In that one start against the Cardinals in 2016, he gave up four runs and eight hits in five innings, picking up the victory in an 8-4 Dodgers win.
officialsbaseball

The Dodgers have won six straight

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 am

Sean M. Haffey/Getty ImagesThe MLB offseason is officially underway.This winter should bring plenty of excitement thanks to a free-agent class headlined by Bryce Harper and Manny Machado http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authen ... nco-jersey , and a trade market that could really shift the balance if a few teams on the fringe decide to start rebuilding.With the Red Sox and Dodgers still in the spotlight, let's take a look at what awaits both World Series participants this offseason, including their incumbent free agents and various areas of need.Boston Red SoxNathan EovaldiBob Levey/Getty ImagesNotable Free Agents:RP Craig Kimbrel, SP Nathan Eovaldi, 1B/OF Steve Pearce, 2B Ian Kinsler, RP Joe Kelly, SP/RP Drew Pomeranz, 2B Brandon Phillips, IF Eduardo Nunez (player option)First and foremost, the Red Sox will need to decide whether re-signing closer Craig Kimbrel is a priority.The 30-year-old is the game's active saves leader with 333, including 42 this season in 63 games, while posting a 2.74 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 13.9 strikeouts per nine innings.Craig KimbrelSean M. Haffey/Getty ImagesWhile he nailed down all six of his save chances during the postseason, he struggled to the tune of a 5.91 ERA and 1.59 WHIP over 10.2 innings. As the top closer on the market, a big payday is coming his way, and the Red Sox might prefer to let someone else pony up for his post-prime years.Zach Britton, Cody Allen, Kelvin Herrera, David Robertson and Jeurys Familia are among the alternatives on the free-agent market who have closing experience.Next on the to-do list will be deciding whether to bring back deadline-addition and postseason standout Nathan Eovaldi.Nick Cafardo of theBoston Globeoffered up the following on his likely asking price:"Most executives think a comparable isAlex Cobb, who also came back from Tommy John and landed a four-year, $57 million deal with Baltimore last offseason. Eovaldi's pedigree exceeds Cobb's at this point, so his contract should be more lucrative. The Red Sox should be interested in re-signing him, particularly withChris Sale'scurrent physical condition."With Sale, David Price, Rick Porcello and Eduardo Rodriguez likely locked into four rotation spots, the team will need to add at least one starter, whether it's a reunion with Eovaldi or an outside pickup.Beyond those two key free agents, the team could also explore a reunion with World Series MVP Steve Pearce, who made for an excellent platoon partner with first baseman Mitch Moreland thanks to his strong work against left-handed pitching.The team could also conceivably look for upgrades at catcher and second base.Christian Vazquez, Sandy Leon and Dan Butler hit a combined .194/.246/.288 during the regular season, so it wouldn't be hard to find an offensive upgrade behind the plate. Vazquez signed a three-year extension in March and remains a plus defender, so it's unlikely the team will move on from him entirely.What role will Dustin Pedroia play in 2019?Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty ImagesAt second base http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authen ... ang-jersey , the health of 35-year-old Dustin Pedroia is the big question mark. Veterans Brandon Phillips and Ian Kinsler were brought in as stopgap solutions during the season, but they're now free agents.Eduardo Nunez will be back if he exercises his $5 million player option and Brock Holt can play second, but the team might prefer keeping them two in utility roles and exploring more of an everyday solution. A reunion with Kinsler is a possibility at the right price.Beyond that, expect a few bullpen arms to be added the mix. Re-signing Joe Kelly is a possibility, but the Sox will likely cast a wide net.The other focus of the offseason could be on in-house extensions.Sale andXander Bogaerts are free agents in two offseasons and Mookie Betts hits the open market after 2020, so locking up at least one of those cornerstone players would be nice.The rival New York Yankees aren't going anywhere, and both the Houston Astros and Cleveland Indians are built for long-term success, but there's no reason to think the Red Sox won't again be among the World Series favorites in 2019. Los Angeles DodgersManny MachadoSean M. Haffey/Getty ImagesNotable Free Agents:SS/3B Manny Machado, C Yasmani Grandal, SP Hyun-Jin Ryu, 2B Brian Dozier, RP Ryan Madson, RP John Axford, RP Daniel Hudson, RP Tom Koehler, SP Clayton Kershaw (opt-out)The Dodgers will have a decision from Clayton Kershaw on whether he'll exercise his opt-out clause by midnight ET on Thursday, and he offered up the following to Mark Feinsand of MLB.com on his current mindset:"I know the future questions are obviously coming for myself. ... I've got three days now to think about all of that stuff before anything happens. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I'll try to figure it out.I haven't made the decision yet. We have three days to talk, between us and the Dodgers, see what happens. And then we'll go from there."Even if he does decide to opt out, there's a good chance it will simply be to secure a longer deal from the Dodgers. You never know, though.At any rate, adding at least one starting pitcher will be on the to-do list, as Hyun-Jin Ryu is also a free agent.That leaves Walker Buehler and Rich Hill as the only two pitchers locked into rotation spots, while Alex Wood, Ross Stripling and Kenta Maeda split their time between starting and relieving last season.Ryan MadsonElsa/Getty ImagesBridging the gap to closer Kenley Jansen was also a struggle at times, so signing a setup reliever or two could go a long way.Ryan Madson filled the eighth-inning role after joining the team in August, and he'll be a candidate to be re-signed. Pedro Baez, Scott Alexander and Dylan Floro will be back, but more help is needed.Second base also looks like an area of need.Brian Dozier is a free agent, and the team would benefit from leaving Chris Taylor and Kike Hernandez in utility roles. Kansas City Royals standout Whit Merrifield could be a fit on the trade market, while guys like Jed Lowrie, DJ LeMahieu and Daniel Murphy are options in free agency.The recovery of Corey Seager is also a storyline worth watching.While it's unlikely the team will make an attempt to re-sign Manny Machado with theshortstop on the mend Francisco Cervelli Jersey , a stopgap addition might be necessary if he's not on track to return by Opening Day.Yasmani GrandalEzra Shaw/Getty ImagesCatcher Yasmani Grandal is also a free agent and is likely headed for a nice payday as the top backstop on the market. Defensive-minded Austin Barnes will be back, but the team could opt to leave the position open with prospects Will Smith and Keibert Ruiz knocking on the door.Signing someone like Kurt Suzuki to a one-year deal to team with Barnes until the young guys are ready might make sense.The Dodgers have won six straight NL West titles, and a seventh could be forthcoming if they can fill in the roster gaps with another busy winter. All stats courtesy of Baseball Reference, unless otherwise noted. To a certain extent in the regular season and to a far greater extent in the postseason, Nathan Eovaldi has finally become a pitcher worthy of his extraordinary right arm.It will soon be time for him to be paid accordingly.For now, it's no exaggeration to say that the Boston Red Sox would not have wontheir fourth World Series championship since 2004 without Eovaldi.
officialsbaseball

Matt Adams has an agreement to return to the Washington

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 am

In 2011 Bob Gibson Jersey , it was the Rally Squirrel dashing across home plate during Game 4 of the National League Division Series to disrupt Philadelphia pitcher Roy Oswalt and help the St. Louis Cardinals take a win-or-die game. Six years later, the Rally Kitty appeared in center field just before a grand slam by Yadier Molina won an August game against Kansas City and fueled an eight-game winning streak that lifted St. Louis into a first-place tie in the NL Central before the Chicago Cubs finally pulled away.On Sunday, Rally Squirrel II made a road trip, waltzing across the Comerica Park infield in Detroit moments before the Cardinals broke up a scoreless tie with five seventh-inning runs to notch a critical win over the Tigers and maintain their edge for the NL’s second wild card.Article continues below ...“We’ll look for that rally squirrel and try to bring it home,” Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong joked.Given recent trends, St. Louis might need a whole zoo to try to figure out Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander Trevor Williams, its opponent Monday night for the beginning of a three-game series at Busch Stadium.Williams (12-9, 3.15 ERA) continued an amazing run on Labor Day http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com ... gee-jersey , firing 6 2/3 scoreless innings in a 5-1 win over Cincinnati at PNC Park. In his last nine starts, Williams has allowed only four runs in 54 2/3 innings, pitching scoreless ball six times and post an absurd 0.66 ERA.One of those six times occurred two weeks ago, when he bagged a 2-0 win over the Cardinals (79-64) at Busch. Williams ceded only three hits and three walks in six innings, striking out eight.“I’m confident in my ability to pitch at the big league level and have success at the big league level,” he said to mlb.com after his win over Cincinnati. “It’s just a matter of executing pitches.”Williams’ shutdown outing against St. Louis reversed a career-long trend of struggles against a division rival. In 11 outings, he’s 3-4 with a 5.98 ERA, permitting 59 hits in 43 2/3 innings and 29 earned runs.The Cardinals would have avoided Williams had Pittsburgh (71-71) not been washed out of its series finale Sunday against Miami. The remnants of Tropical Storm Gordon moved that game back to Oct. 1 Mike Matheny Jersey , the day after the regular season was scheduled to end.St. Louis will start veteran Adam Wainwright (1-3, 4.00), who has been out since May 13, when he suffered right elbow inflammation during the third inning of a 5-3 loss in San Diego. Wainwright has fired 17 scoreless innings across six rehab outings. In his career, Wainwright is 13-7 in 36 games with a 4.28 ERA when facing the Pirates.“I feel like I’m getting called up for September,” he said to mlb.com last week. “Earlier this season, I couldn’t lift my bag, pick up my shirt http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com ... nst-jersey , after starts. I threw a bullpen after my last start, and I didn’t know what would happen. And I felt normal.”The Cardinals own a 9-7 edge in the season series with the Pirates, winning five of the seven games at home. ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Isiah Kiner-Falefa singled off Blake Parker with one out in the eighth inning, spoiling the Los Angeles Angels‘ bid for an unprecedented no-hitter against the Texas Rangers.Los Angeles was closing in on the record for most pitchers used in a no-hitter. The Houston Astros set the mark with six pitchers while shutting down the Yankees in 2003. Roy Oswalt started that game but was injured in the first inning. The Mariners matched that record in 2012.Jim Johnson opened Tuesday night’s game with 1 1/3 innings, and Noe Ramirez, Hansel Robles, Cam Bedrosian Enos Slaughter Jersey , Justin Anderson and Jose Alvarez followed with no-hit ball. Parker retired Willie Calhoun to start the eighth before Kiner-Falefa lined a clean single into right field.The Angels led 1-0 through seven innings.Unlike the Astros in their no-hit bid, the Angels planned to make this one a bullpen game, following a trend started by the Tampa Bay Rays this season of using relievers as openers. Los Angeles is using the strategy to cover for an injury-decimated rotation that is without Shohei Ohtani, Garrett Richards, Tyler Skaggs and more. Manager Mike Scioscia used four bullpen games in August.
officialsbaseball

Houston in the AL West but four ahead of Seattle

Postby officialsbaseball » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:22 am

Victor Decolongon/Getty ImagesLos Angeles Angels starting pitcher and designated hitter Shohei Ohtani will undergo Tommy John surgery on his right elbow during the first week of the offseason Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey , according to the Southern California News Group's Jeff Fletcher.Angels doctors previously recommended Ohtani undergo the procedure after they discovered "new damage" to his ulnar collateral ligament, per ESPN.com's Alden Gonzalez.Ohtani signed with the team in December after establishing himself as one of the most exciting young talents in baseball with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters in Japan. The dual-threat sensation posted a 3.31 ERA across 10 starts before he was shut down from throwing because of the UCL damage, but he's remained a factor at the plate.Entering Tuesday night's game against the Texas Rangers, Ohtani boasted a .280/.361/.564 slash line with 21 home runs and 56 RBI.The Angels could be forced to make some difficult decisions in 2019 about Ohtani's workload and how they will protect their investment. He's proved he's a productive hitter, but his value is undoubtedly bolstered by his mound work. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays, who won more games than any American League team that didn’t make the playoffs, have rewarded manager Kevin Cash with a contract extension that runs through 2024, plus a club option for 2025.The 40-year-old Cash had one year remaining on a five-year Pat Tillman Jersey Limited , $5 million deal he signed when he replaced Joe Maddon after the 2014 season.Financial terms were not disclosed. Both Cash, who had no previous managerial experience when he was hired, and management said it was an easy decision to continue their relationship after a bounce-back season.“Kevin has a long list of positives. … It’s been a joy to see him blossom,” general manager Erik Neander said Tuesday. “He’s very deserving of this extension. We’re excited for the years ahead.”The budget-minded Rays surprisingly won 90 games, finishing third in the AL East behind the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees, despite trimming payroll last winter and purging the roster again in July to transform themselves into a young team with a promising future.Cash, who turns 41 in December, has led the Rays to a 318-330 record over four seasons.“There’s reason to be really excited about the way our team played, the youth and the athleticism Authentic Jared Goff Jersey , and the way these guys really came together in the second half of the year,” Cash said.“I’d like to think, other than the teams that are playing playoff baseball right now, we might have been the most talked about team in a positive light at the end of the season,” the manager added during a conference call. “It’s an honor to be a part of that.”The Rays lost 12 of 15 to begin the season, digging themselves into a hole few people thought they were capable of escaping after trading Evan Longoria, Steven Souza Jr., Corey Dickerson and Jake Odorizzi and losing starting pitcher Alex Cobb to free agency.The club chopped more salary in July, trading pitchers Chris Archer Jared Goff Jersey Elite , Nathan Eovaldi and Alex Colome, as well as catcher Wilson Ramos and outfielder Denard Span to make way for younger players.With first-time All-Star Blake Snell leading the majors with 21 wins and an AL-best 1.89 ERA and Cash overseeing an innovative plan to use “openers” and “bullpen days” to compensate for a shortage of proven starting pitching, the Rays went 41-25 after the All-Star break, including 19-9 in September.“This is a year we put a lot on his plate,” Neander said. “We made a lot of moves all the way into spring training that left a lot of doubt, potentially within our clubhouse with respect to what we could accomplish this year.“To see him navigate that, to see him navigate the difficult stretch we had out of the gates, the maturity, his approach Authentic Brandin Cooks Jersey , the unwavering support he had from our coaching staff … was really impactful” and makes Cash the right man for the job “not only today, but for the forseeable future,” the GM added.Cash doesn’t anticipate the extension creating additional pressure because expectations have remained consistent for an organization that made the playoffs four times in six seasons from 2008 to 2013.“The expectation is to go out there and find ways to win,” Cash said, “and we get to do it with a really energetic group of players.”

Return to “[JBC] Jebacze”